The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

6 minutes ago, cladner said:

sounds like the plotline for a new nerdy comedy on netflix "   Brickfeld.  Follow the adventures and hijinkx as a group of reseller scum go about their daily routine trying to make the next big score plying their comically non-unique "uniquely numbered" sets to angry parents and price oblivious 1%er boomer grandparents who just click but it now.  way things are shaping up, i am thinking over 90% of these are in reseller hands.

this whole "exclusivity" fiasco will make a great case study...I agree that most (if not all) are held by opportunistic collectors and reseller scum...how often does it happen that resellers control the inventory of a complete series of mainstream sets where the "total made" is widely known.

if EVERYONE held the line...resellers can control the price...alas...scum

2 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Damn it Jim, I am a sticker peeler, not a sticker transplanter :P 

Seriously, I usually do not care about the condition of stickers I peel off a box.  In this situation, there is a possibility of damaging 2x stickers making both boxes useless.  

youtube it...instant 10K views

make money on the comeback bro

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

this whole "exclusivity" fiasco will make a great case study...I agree that most (if not all) are held by opportunistic collectors and reseller scum...how often does it happen that resellers control the inventory of a complete series of mainstream sets where the "total made" is widely known.

if EVERYONE held the line...resellers can control the price...alas...scum

More often than you think.. :drag:

23 minutes ago, LegoC777 said:

anyone decided to hold on to their Lego movie brickheadz??? I am on the fence whether to hold them for the future or unload now as fast as possible.

any thoughts on this???   I wonder if Lego really only made 5000 of each.... or if they are going to make more in the future...

Pigs get slaughtered. 

26 minutes ago, Jimking23 said:

Non-matching numbers on a lego set, junk!?

The 'infamous' sticker isnt tied to the box whatsoever, the sticker is acutally the only reference of 1through5000 on the entire box. Therefore, what would not match?!  True, there might maybe some ethics involved here, but the general consesus is there was more of these produced, so its not as if someone applied them directly off the assembly line. 

anyone decided to hold on to their Lego movie brickheadz??? I am on the fence whether to hold them for the future or unload now as fast as possible.
any thoughts on this???   I wonder if Lego really only made 5000 of each.... or if they are going to make more in the future...
I am going to hold onto at least 4 of each long term... I think that right now all of these are in resellers hands and they all see the price dropping and are panicking to get theirs sold for a profit... Eventually the market for these will course correct back to where they should be.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

2 hours ago, lodibricks said:

Please don't make us any scummier than we're already perceived. No sticker tampering!

I get what you are saying and didn't realize it until now the issue one would have with this. Not to mention, the picture is out there of Benny#1 crushed :^( I was just trying think of somehow to salvage that #1!   

Edited by BricksBrotha
Typo
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

I get what you are saying and didn't realize it until now the issue one would have with this. Not to mention, the picture is out there of Benny#1 crushed :^( I was just trying think of somehow to salvage that #1!   

I'm 95% jokes, but there's some truth in there. That really sucks that it's the one dinged up out of the bunch, but as the most wise and beloved saying goes, "it is what it is." I'd sell it as-is. ?

• Like 1

yeah, i know folks are joking but please don't encourage switching stickers, etc...  it will just screw up that 0001 set.  that hologram sticker will be hard as heck to move w/o showing signs of wear.  it's not easy to remove w/o damaging it.

i'm kinda shocked lego didn't save 0001 for it's vault unless they have a top secret 0000 in there. ha

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

interesting...folks are getting "outted" when their numbers are seen in 3rd markets; which undermines the goodwill assumed for those posting their numbers

I think I read a couple people interested in seeing what a cool # would sell for, but I didn't see anything negative out it. Maybe I'm missing something you're seeing (another thread/forum?).

3 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

I think I read a couple people interested in seeing what a cool # would sell for, but I didn't see anything negative out it. Maybe I'm missing something you're seeing (another thread/forum?).

Not inherently bad...and I don't know if I'm just being paranoid...could totally be the case...just saying folks like to stay incognito for the most part and not co-mingle their ebay handles w/ BP.  Someone "could" connect ebay sales of sticker numbers to folks here who listed their numbers...just saying....this is forum of brothers-in-sales sort of speak.

12 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

interesting...folks are getting "outted" when their numbers are seen in 3rd markets; which undermines the goodwill assumed for those posting their numbers

Who cares if people "out" someone who has is listed.  Interesting to see what different numbers go for.  I could care less if someone posted or mentioned my listings.  Most of us here are sellers of some sort and do it for at least a little profit so I don't see any shame in it.

That being said I am planning on selling some now to basically cover all costs I spent on mine and save the rest. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Not inherently bad...and I don't know if I'm just being paranoid...could totally be the case...just saying folks like to stay incognito for the most part and not co-mingle their ebay handles w/ BP.  Someone "could" connect ebay sales of sticker numbers to folks here who listed their numbers...just saying....this is forum of brothers-in-sales sort of speak.

Gotcha. I'm not paranoid enough.

4 hours ago, zaphoid said:

me neither, I'm actually starting to think that $20 on joe vs dan is a psychologist and we are part of a study he is performing on cooperative competitors. 

Psychologists don´t have the concept of  money in units of less than $200 though.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2