The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

35 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

People are here because they invest in Lego... there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to sell your investment for 10x buy in

You're right, there's nothing wrong with wanting that. Whining about, complaining about, and putting down people who decided to sell for less... I'd say there IS something wrong with that. 

Competing with other sellers is part of the game, and if you didn't factor that into your original plans, then you're playing the game wrong.

34 minutes ago, dx0520 said:

People complaining about having to sell low because of “thin cash”, shouldn’t be in the business of long term investment of Legos. It means you’re terrible at budgeting, and putting in more money than you can afford [to lose].

Lastly, the fact that your “cash thin”, implies that you were greedy in the first place, so complaining about the greed of others is laughably ironic and utterly hypocritical.

Why are you assuming that everyone who is selling one for <$45 is "in the business of long term investment of Legos [sic]"? It's certainly possible that many of those sellers simply bought one for themselves (or their kid) and grabbed a second one to quick flip. 

And to clarify, *I* wasn't complaining about having to sell low because of thin cash. I was just proposing several reasons why someone might be selling for less than you think they should. In fact, one reason I recently sold one for <$45 (to a nice lady who asked) is because I DON'T really need that extra few bucks, so I said sure, I'll be nice. I do think this situation is different from most Lego investment because they were only available for so short a time, and the whole reason some people are trying to buy on ebay is because most of the stock was bought up within hours by investors. If someone just didn't buy a set when it was available for months or years, and now it's not available and they want it, I have no qualms charging them an arm and a leg. And I'm fine if you want to charge 10x for this - do whatever you want. And I'll do whatever I want. But I admit, with this unique situation, I do have a little more mercy for some people who want them. It could have been me, if I'd had work meetings during those few hours.

And the more people b**ch about people selling them low, makes a part of me want to sell them low just to piss you off. :) 

Edited by CathyVT
  • Like 5

15 minutes ago, CathyVT said:

You're right, there's nothing wrong with wanting that. Whining about, complaining about, and putting down people who decided to sell for less... I'd say there IS something wrong with that. 

Competing with other sellers is part of the game, and if you didn't factor that into your original plans, then you're playing the game wrong.

Why are you assuming that everyone who is selling one for <$45 is "in the business of long term investment of Legos [sic]"? It's certainly possible that many of those sellers simply bought one for themselves (or their kid) and grabbed a second one to quick flip. 

And to clarify, *I* wasn't complaining about having to sell low because of thin cash. I was just proposing several reasons why someone might be selling for less than you think they should. In fact, one reason I recently sold one for <$45 (to a nice lady who asked) is because I DON'T really need that extra few bucks, so I said sure, I'll be nice. I do think this situation is different from most Lego investment because they were only available for so short a time, and the whole reason some people are trying to buy on ebay is because most of the stock was bought up within hours by investors. If someone just didn't buy a set when it was available for months or years, and now it's not available and they want it, I have no qualms charging them an arm and a leg. And I'm fine if you want to charge 10x for this - do whatever you want. And I'll do whatever I want. But I admit, with this unique situation, I do have a little more mercy for some people who want them. It could have been me, if I'd had work meetings during those few hours.

And the more people b**ch about people selling them low, makes a part of me want to sell them low just to piss you off. :) 

People complain here all the time, often to thin air, and everyone takes it in stride. Nobody takes it personally even if it’s about them.

You somehow took it personally and decided to criticize that member, but can’t take criticism yourself?

Your pettiness and vindictiveness in the above post is evident, and laughable.

Edited by dx0520

1 minute ago, dx0520 said:

People complain here all the time, often to thin air, and everyone takes it in stride. Nobody takes it personally even if it’s about them.

You somehow took it personally and decided to criticize that member, but can’t take criticism yourself?

Your pettiness and vindictiveness in the above post is evident, and laughable.

One quick reply, and then I'm going to log off for a while and go sell some BH <$45 :). I'm petty and vindictive how? Because I said I felt kindness towards a nice person who wanted one, so I gave her a slight deal? I also don't see where I criticized anyone. My original post, that some people pounced on faster than a 75% off sale at Walmart, just pointed out some reasons why someone might be selling low. No biggie. I didn't insult anyone. I never said anyone was greedy for wanting more - in fact I specifically said there's nothing wrong with wanting 10x. I said people are free to do whatever they want (WRT selling prices) and so am I. 

Considering how you're reacting to me, I think perhaps YOU'RE taking something personally, though I can't figure out what I supposedly said about you that you're taking so hard (you said I'm terrible at budgeting, greedy, hypocritical, petty, and vindictive - wow! You also said I'm ironic, but I'm not sure whether that was meant as an insult). Maybe you should go play with some Lego, have a nice cup of tea, and chill out.

8 minutes ago, emes001 said:

Dammit, where's my popcorn when I need it.

tenor.gif.9f0070871b2d6b9caf7d28b05c4b8a42.gif

Emmet is the only set holding above $40 on Bricklink. The massive amount of people grabbing 2 of each of the Target sets has depressed the value of those in record timing.

I've unloaded all but 2 complete sets of mine for no less than $240 a piece. I may miss a big payoff in the future, but why turn down good money today for possible money in the future?

This brickheadz run certainly plays for some good hype for some 2 pack sets of the same figures... like the Kylo/Rey pack.

Edited by brickvoyeur

7 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

People are here because they invest in Lego... there is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting to sell your investment for 10x buy in

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

you have people here who "invest" in lego - they buy 2 sets one to keep and one to sell.  then you have people with quarters of millions of dollars invested .

both parties are valid investors who have drastically different goals and outlooks.

in the end, the biggest determinant in near term price action for a given LEGO set is the seller count.  higher seller count = poorer near term performance.

although there are only 5000 of each bh made in this series, in the near term there are waaaaay more sellers than usual for something this rare.

once the casual mom and pop investors have their day in the sun and the seller count declines, patience will be rewarded by nonlinear exponential price appreciation . 

everyone who invested in this set will be a winner. 

some will win much much more than others. 

• Like 5

you have people here who "invest" in lego - they buy 2 sets one to keep and one to sell.  then you have people with quarters of millions of dollars invested .
both parties are valid investors who have drastically different goals and outlooks.
in the end, the biggest determinant in near term price action for a given LEGO set is the seller count.  higher seller count = poorer near term performance.
 although there are only 5000 of each bh made in this series, in the near term there are waaaaay more sellers than usual for something this rare.
once the casual mom and pop investors have their day in the sun and the seller count declines, patience will be rewarded by nonlinear exponential price appreciation . 

Exactly why I haven't even thought about selling mine yet... actually I have considered doing the opposite and buying up some of the lower priced ones.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

2 minutes ago, cladner said:

There are no losers...unless..they release more of these.  Where is Val-E when you need him?

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I'm playing both sides - sold several now to make a few bucks and holding back two of each for longer term.

Same here. Sold two sets and made back my initial outlay to please the wife. I told her I was done with reselling Lego a year ago so me buying these surprised her.

I have four complete sets plus an extra Emmet and Wyldstyle left that will be gravy when I decide to sell them. Wish I bought more but am happy with what I was able to buy.

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

4x5x for no hold, who’s complaining?

Who's complaining?

On 2/18/2019 at 10:31 AM, scatmanjack said:

Wish people would stop selling these for <$45...

?

This one who really meant that they wish they got their sets processed and delivered earlier. Or should be complaining that there isn't enough demand to scoop up the lowball sets rapidly enough for the market to inflate again.

Because they can either accept rapidly doubling their money for little work or they can take on the risk of holding them for a bigger return later.

Whinging about grabbing the short stick is pointless. 

Edited by mizeur
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

It's a double edged sword with these sets.  An investor wants the new movie to bomb so they don't release any more, yet if the new movie does well, there is a chance for new Brickheadz releases, but interest in these sets would increase as well.  

has there been a precedent of Lego sending out these types of "feelers" in past movies or series?

the 5k production run seems so low and the whole exclusives thing for walmart and Target...who's next: B&N (we all know they will royally muck it up)...Maybe Amazon???