The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

36 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

That is @CosmicSpeed listing.  IMO he should remove the sticker as no collector will pay extra for it looking like that.  

Yeah I will remove it, I'll practice on the others first. Some people are really dumb and ill leave it up the listing until I remove it.

I really just haven't had the time lately to post a lot on my page. This weekend will probably allow for some postings.

As a collector of the BHz, I really want to open the sets that I do have, but along with the Mice, I think these will be the only ones I've kept in boxes.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

collectors will be on to cooler things by then though,  like Ford keychains.  Supposedly any future bhz are supposed to be specials like this in limited nature and there will not be to many of them.  So like most things they will overdo the numbered bhz and no one will care.

I tend to agree. If you walk the toy aisle of Walmart, there are tons of things that are “only 5000 made”, “12000 made”, or “limited edition sets”...etc.

“Limited editions of things” themselves are saturated.

On the other hand, the first of anything, no matter how crappy it is, tend to retain collectors value. 

So it could be a toss up for this.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, scatmanjack said:

Waiting for the rebound in price... Low $30's ain't gonna cut it...

if you didn't sell at $50-$70; then basically gambling all or nothing at this point.

I think, There's still a lot of prospective buyers who are hoping these get re-released as a duo pack or something similar...IF that does not happen, these buyers are going to commit (and pay dearly for their "gamble").

Other may know a lot better who have experienced it...but I would guess that movie driven products peak initially during movie release and then blip back at the DVD/BluRay...and then tanks/plateaus until the next sequel. 

28 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

if you didn't sell at $50-$70; then basically gambling all or nothing at this point.

I think, There's still a lot of prospective buyers who are hoping these get re-released as a duo pack or something similar...IF that does not happen, these buyers are going to commit (and pay dearly for their "gamble").

Other may know a lot better who have experienced it...but I would guess that movie driven products peak initially during movie release and then blip back at the DVD/BluRay...and then tanks/plateaus until the next sequel. 

the old movie saves all thing doesn't work anymore,  just ask SW.  Even Aquaman who ruled the box office world last few months didn't help 76085 one bit and is still widely available discounted...

1 minute ago, ravenb99 said:

the old movie saves all thing doesn't work anymore,  just ask SW.  Even Aquaman who ruled the box office world last few months didn't help 76085 one bit and is still widely available discounted...

speaking from personal experience...after watching Aquaman (and really enjoying it...want to see it again on a bigger screen...some of those scenes were amazeballz) I immediately searched for Lego sets when I got home...only to be like Bleh!...looked like the interns at Lego were given aquaman using left over bricks. 

That said nothing is a firm rule nowadays...but IF a set does well initially (ie these exclusives)..and that set is linked to a movie, then maybe the movie life cycle may also affect the set price???

6 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

speaking from personal experience...after watching Aquaman (and really enjoying it...want to see it again on a bigger screen...some of those scenes were amazeballz) I immediately searched for Lego sets when I got home...only to be like Bleh!...looked like the interns at Lego were given aquaman using left over bricks. 

That said nothing is a firm rule nowadays...but IF a set does well initially (ie these exclusives)..and that set is linked to a movie, then maybe the movie life cycle may also affect the set price???

Yep, I agree with you.

If I were to use an analogy, it’s like opening a restaurant, if you make delicious food, even if you’re located at the worse spot, eventually tons of people will come eat at your restaurant. Being at a good spot only helps the initial foot traffic.

So yeah, a movie certainly helps market the toy, but if it’s a crappy toy, no dice. But if it’s a great toy (I.E. old fishing store), without widespread marketing, it will still end up popular.

It’s about having a good eye and being able to weigh these factors.

The issue with the future of these is the absence of new Brickheadz. If nothing is on the shelves, it's going to be harder to draw new blood to the theme.

If they dropped a random limited edition lot at the height of the theme... these would certainly takeoff and grow as new collectors would grab some from the store.. fall in love with them... and some would get that completion urge. If this is the end of the theme... the exposure goes down considerably. What percentage of Lego enthusiasts in the future are going to love this theme when they can only buy from resellers? How many of those who love the theme, are going to have the urge to collect the entire theme?

I do agree what what was said above, the international market is where the money is. Every set I've sold has went international. I held onto 3 sets of 4... but I'm not sure I'm going to get the $60+ a piece I got for the rest of my sales. Very much on the fence with these. With the Lego Movie hype dwindling, and Brickheadz theme gone... it could swing either way.

1 hour ago, brickvoyeur said:

The issue with the future of these is the absence of new Brickheadz. If nothing is on the shelves, it's going to be harder to draw new blood to the theme.

If they dropped a random limited edition lot at the height of the theme... these would certainly takeoff and grow as new collectors would grab some from the store.. fall in love with them... and some would get that completion urge. If this is the end of the theme... the exposure goes down considerably. What percentage of Lego enthusiasts in the future are going to love this theme when they can only buy from resellers? How many of those who love the theme, are going to have the urge to collect the entire theme?

I do agree what what was said above, the international market is where the money is. Every set I've sold has went international. I held onto 3 sets of 4... but I'm not sure I'm going to get the $60+ a piece I got for the rest of my sales. Very much on the fence with these. With the Lego Movie hype dwindling, and Brickheadz theme gone... it could swing either way.

some good points.

I have no clue how Lego co works, but based on deductive reasoning: the "botched" release of these exclusives suggests that it was something planned awhile ago (an agreement w/ walmart & Target to get a movie exclusive) and something disrupted the original release plan. That something, I'm guessing, was the decision to retire the BHz series. Also the Mice suddenly disappearing supports this.  I think the mice represent the last of the new "regular (non-exclusive)" BHz (I would say the chinese new year one is special and tied to the Asia Regional release); so their sudden retired support this.

This and the observation that the BHz were poor money makers for Lego (based on many being on clearance for almost the entire life) suggests that the rumors are true...BHz is gone and these exclusives will not be re-packaged and released mainstream.

When considering the intl market, 5k of each is not very many.