The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

does the number matter?  Lets say you had a #10 is that worth more than say 3000
I would definitely price #10 at $150 at least... to some people the lower the number the better... I have been selling a lot of the numbered Mego action figures that you can get at Target and the lower number ones always fetch more

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• Like 2

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

1.Yes, the lack of advertising and cross marketing makes it seem like a trial run of some sort. 2. Maybe there was a problem in production and Lego had "only" 5K of each available and needed to get them out for the Movie premiere...someone decided on the last minute sticker to justify the super short run

3. Seems to me like this was a fix for a mistake.  

1. Nope

2. Nope

3. Nope

I remember reading a post somewhere on here probably by @Val-E that there was going to be a planned limited edition set this year and the cat guy comparing it to the crawler.  

2 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I'm not saying that the 5k is not legit; but I disagree w/ your point that it's intended to build hype for Exclusives at Walmart (and later Target).

Since it's a walmart.com promo...not even the masses walking the aisles even get wind of this.

What can been gained for LEgo or Walmart if only a small number of connected AFOLs  (read: reseller scum) are the First and LAST to learn of a promo...I mean to the general public...did it even happen?

Simple the intended target is AFOL/completionists that will buy one of each for $30 and free shipping kicks in at $35 so they will buy something else. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, eracine said:

does the number matter?  Lets say you had a #10 is that worth more than say 3000

Chinese people have an obsession with the number 8. When spoken in Chinese, 8 phonetically sounds like the word for good fortune. So 8, 88, 888...you get the idea. The more 8's the better. There are also variations of this as well. 28 equates to good fortune coming easy. 168 equates to continuously having good fortune. On the flip side, 58 is bad. It means lack of good fortune.

Feel free to look up the #4 and what it means to Chinese people too. ;) 

Edit: If anyone has 8, 88, or 888, hit me up!  (Yes, I'm Chinese.) :D

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Chinese people have an obsession with the number 8. When spoken in Chinese, 8 phonetically sounds like the word for good fortune. So 8, 88, 888...you get the idea. The more 8's the better. There are also variations of this as well. 28 equates to good fortune coming easy. 168 equates to continuously having good fortune. On the flip side, 58 is bad. It means lack of good fortune.

Feel free to look up the #4 and what it means to Chinese people too. ;) 

Edit: If anyone has 8, 88, or 888, hit me up!  (Yes, I'm Chinese.) :D

So what you're saying is that #0088 of Emmet (88) is the Yuan.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Standard moron video and moron comments. These idiots complain about any collectible that isn't available at 100% of all stores, at all times for the original retail price. They seem to think they are entitled to whatever items they want for the remainder of time. It is nauseating at best. 

I really like the stickers.  Very pretty.  Just sayin'...

6 minutes ago, smittypop2 said:

Standard moron video and moron comments. These idiots complain about any collectible that isn't available at 100% of all stores, at all times for the original retail price. They seem to think they are entitled to whatever items they want for the remainder of time. It is nauseating at best. 

Well, if they make more, he is a genius with "connections."  If they don't make more, he is a moron.  50/50 shot.

49 minutes ago, Pseudoty said:

1. Nope

2. Nope

3. Nope

I remember reading a post somewhere on here probably by @Val-E that there was going to be a planned limited edition set this year and the cat guy comparing it to the crawler.  

Simple the intended target is AFOL/completionists that will buy one of each for $30 and free shipping kicks in at $35 so they will buy something else. 

well that's like your opinion, Man

you need more tin in your hat

(side note...why on earth would Lego pick brickheadz [planned for retirement] as their exclusive...the characters and timing suggests cross marketing for the movie...but the execution seems to fall pretty short of that outcome..heck they even have the Lego creators touring the WORLD to cross promote...)

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

1 hour ago, eracine said:

The other reason the number matters - lots are checking to see if there are duplicates.  How true is the 5000 number?

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

THAT would be AWESOME...anyone have the ballz to try it?

I might.  I plan on opening mine, and just cutting of the sticker to putting it on the bottom of the build.  I'm a rebel like that.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Well that's two sealed limited edition brickheadz off the secondary market. The value of the rest just went up.

Now i'm motivated to drive to 30 min to Walmart and pick up the two I ordered...the otehr two are supposed to be shipped today.

...and I will be selling 1 set for $200 shipped on Ebay because...because 30 minutes of my time is worth about $150 (after fees) ?

1 minute ago, Alpinemaps said:

The other reason the number matters - lots are checking to see if there are duplicates.  How true is the 5000 number?

I might.  I plan on opening mine, and just cutting of the sticker to putting it on the bottom of the build.  I'm a rebel like that.

AND you're going to cut the box...wow Alpine..You are the Anti-Sticker-Licker...mad respect!

This is one of those things that I can easily seeing ebay returns if the situation changes, then you're stuck with an open box. It's def worth the risk considering the gain, but I had a similar situation happen to be on the NES classic years ago and got the bad end of that considering ebay always sides with the Buyer.

• Like 1

My last order (placed yesterday) which had three of each in it, finally moved to Shipped status. I've been refreshing the status constantly hoping it wouldn't get cancelled. Phew! My first order (placed Tuesday) was supposed to be delivered today but it's been delayed until tomorrow. Crossing my fingers for 8, 88, or 888!

• Like 1