The LEGO Movie 2 BrickHeadz

SLL

9 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

has there been a precedent of Lego sending out these types of "feelers" in past movies or series?

the 5k production run seems so low and the whole exclusives thing for walmart and Target...who's next: B&N (we all know they will royally muck it up)...Maybe Amazon???

I can't recall anything like this outside a Comic Con or convention.  There have been a few sets like the 10179 UCS First Edition Falcon and 41999 Technic  4 x4 Crawler that were "numbered."  

On 2/19/2019 at 7:09 PM, mizeur said:

Who's complaining?

This one who really meant that they wish they got their sets processed and delivered earlier. Or should be complaining that there isn't enough demand to scoop up the lowball sets rapidly enough for the market to inflate again.

Because they can either accept rapidly doubling their money for little work or they can take on the risk of holding them for a bigger return later.

Whinging about grabbing the short stick is pointless. 

So you sell a Benny for $48 on Ebay with Free Shipping…

That’s almost 5x what you paid at Target…

You're rich… Should have bought 50+ sets…

Then you Pay Target Redcard $10.27… (8.25% sales tax in my state)

Then PayPal takes $1.69…

Then USPS takes $3.96 for 1st Class Package Shipping…

Then Ebay takes a $4.80 Final Value Fee

And because you did a Three Day Auction (shipment received from Target on Thursday and wanted end date of Sunday) Ebay tacks on an extra $1 Special Duration Fee…

You profit $26.28, a little over 2.5x your initial purchase price...

That number gets lower when selling the $15 Walmart ones...

Even lower when people aren't buying yours because someone else is giving them away at $35...

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I can't recall anything like this outside a Comic Con or convention.  There have been a few sets like the 10179 UCS First Edition Falcon and 41999 Technic  4 x4 Crawler that were "numbered."  

These were Comic Con exclusives, but they figured out they were too lame to make available that late in the year.

4 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

Still higher than my average profit for most items :drag:

5 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

Even lower when people aren't buying yours because someone else is giving them away at $35...

Some people think $10 net is great for $10 item.

The good news is, there are only 5000 of these, so the more of these sold, the rarer your $48 item is.

On the same token, I am mad at people who sell these for $48 instead of $55 where they should be :mad:

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, scatmanjack said:

So you sell a Benny for $48 on Ebay with Free Shipping…

That’s almost 5x what you paid at Target…

You're rich… Should have bought 50+ sets…

Then you Pay Target Redcard $10.27… (8.25% sales tax in my state)

Then PayPal takes $1.69…

Then USPS takes $3.96 for 1st Class Package Shipping…

Then Ebay takes a $4.80 Final Value Fee

And because you did a Three Day Auction (shipment received from Target on Thursday and wanted end date of Sunday) Ebay tacks on an extra $1 Special Duration Fee…

That number gets lower when selling the $15 Walmart ones...

Just so I'm clear, in your scenario, a person makes $2.60 profit for every $1 spent, in a matter of a week, and you blame them for doing it? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Like I said, it's just sour grapes that they didn't get them in hand before everyone else, bitterness that supply exceeds demand, and fear that if they hold them something else will suppress the market.

Because otherwise they'd happily double their money and move on or quietly hold them for a rebound.

Edited by mizeur
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Just so I'm clear, in your scenario, a person makes $2.60 profit for every $1 spent, in a matter of a week, and you blame them for doing it? 

Nope, no blame in selling high (or higher...)

Blaming people selling lower and giving actual dollar figures...

I’ve turned down multiple $40 offers for Sweet Mayhem.

wow, i wonder what my 0711 benny will fetch.  it's very rare as it's the only 0711 they produced.  heck, i'll even throw in a 711 logo napkin.

Image result for 7-Eleven

On 2/20/2019 at 12:19 PM, oneknightr said:

Some lucky duck got Emmet #888 and sold it for $150 on eBay yesterday. I'm thinking he could've gotten $188 for it. :D  I'm jealous.

Emmet 888.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Phil B said:

I thought these were going to be $100+ each?

Not enough demand.  

The movie is “so so” and the Brickheadz theme seems to have average demand for the people shelling out $$.  I think the public is still stuffed from too much LEGO since 2016.

about 75% of mine have been bought by resellers so far.   At least some folks think there is longer term value.

• Like 1