What DIDN'T Happen

Many thought the China region sets were pretty fantastic...and hopeful that the sets would eventually be released worldwide (this could still happen); and in the mean-time the sets have been popping up in the US (some Independent Brick stores and ofcourse Ebay) ranging from $150-$200 (relatively modest gains given shipping). That said...many believed that these sets would get a big run-up leading into Chinese New Years (this past Tue).

That did not happen.

I am wondering why...great sets...global popularity...and global holiday lead-up (that often includes gifts/red envelopes)

[hoping this thread captures for prosterity some of the mis-judged expectations...feel free to post other examples that come to mind]

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Many thought the China region sets were pretty fantastic...and hopeful that the sets would eventually be released worldwide (this could still happen); and in the mean-time the sets have been popping up in the US (some Independent Brick stores and ofcourse Ebay) ranging from $150-$200 (relatively modest gains given shipping). That said...many believed that these sets would get a big run-up leading into Chinese New Years (this past Tue).

That did not happen.

I am wondering why...great sets...global popularity...and global holiday lead-up (that often includes gifts/red envelopes)

[hoping this thread captures for prosterity some of the mis-judged expectations...feel free to post other examples that come to mind]

$20 on joe vs dan you are dumb and have incredibly unrealistic expectations. Yesterday I found a 5 $ bill I was hoping it would be worth 10 $ by time I got home or maybe even a 100 $...That didnt happen.  You have a lot to learn about lego investing, supply demand, reality, reselling, value etc

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

$20 on joe vs dan you are dumb and have incredibly unrealistic expectations. Yesterday I found a 5 $ bill I was hoping it would be worth 10 $ by time I got home or maybe even a 100 $...That didnt happen.  You have a lot to learn about lego investing, supply demand, reality, reselling, value etc

well-that-escalated-quickly-quick-meme-c

Also, Lauren Cohan didn't respond to my romantic advances no matter how many times I tweeted her professing my love lust. Guess I'll try Kaley Cuoco.. my silver medal.

Also ² ... Brick Bank selling window closed quickly and it didn't become the next Town Hall

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

40 minutes ago, Brickshopper said:

"dumb"? What are you 5 years old?  Go back to playing Duplo...the adults are talking