Ideas #024: 21316 - The Flintstones

Alpinemaps

Guest TabbyBoy

Not as complete as I would’ve liked, but £54.99 is reasonable. Hard to gauge buy-in as I’d like to see it discounted by 50%, but I don’t think that’ll happen. The problem is the deeper box as it won’t fit in the ones that I mostly have.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Not as complete as I would’ve liked, but £54.99 is reasonable. Hard to gauge buy-in as I’d like to see it discounted by 50%, but I don’t think that’ll happen. The problem is the deeper box as it won’t fit in the ones that I mostly have.

Yes extremely inconsiderate from Sah, Dr Who set is perfect ,sturdy box,  great size and price point not to mention less than 1kg low cost postage.

Find it surprising the large retailers dont put pressure on Sah to standardize their set sizes and basically save them a fortune, not to mention us of course. 

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 8:58 PM, Alpinemaps said:

It’s the spare ribs that Fred orders in the closing credits that tips the car over.

I think my big problem with this set is I wanted Dino, Pebbles and Bam-Bam.

Maybe the are saving them for the Hanna Barbera CMF Series!!!!! How great would those be!a681e84207ae449cb445fc29a1f376b1.jpgfc4280291feed27d33af0b4b53e002ce.jpg

• Like 2

I think he's right, the color is bland to me and the nose is weird because it doesn't go one way or the other. The Hanna Barbera stuff is 60s goodie style and purposefully not symmetrical which is what gives it it's unique character which is lost here. I'm not saying that it won't be of value in the long run, or I wouldn't buy it for the right price. It's just disappointing. 

I see it now.  Not sure their process behind the scenes on how they 'release' stock, maybe it had to go through backorder status for a moment and then to in stock status, who knows, who cares, it's available now :)  My like for this is similar to the Pop-Up Book.  It's nice but not at full price and now you see the Pop-Up Book being had for $55.99 (20% off) at many retail outlets.  Can't remember how long ago that was released but it doesn't feel like it took that long to get discounted.  I'll probably wait for this to be 20% off as well (~$48) or combine this with my upcoming "Mustang" purchase :)

https://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-marvel-super-heroes-bricktober-2018-5005256-promotion-coming-in-march/

'Update: I’ve been told that it is with any LEGO purchase of $75 or more, not just on Marvel sets so that makes it even easier!'

sorry to hijack the thread, to get back on topic...Maybe some may look to pair the bricktober sets with this new ideas set.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

what a dud this set is - can't even crack 2x msrp at this point, barely over 2x the permasale price.  83 sellers? this far out?  ugh.  wish i yabba dabba didn't send my money on vacation "investing" in this set.  imperial tie fighter helmet looks at this set and just shakes its head laughing quietly inside that dark helmet with dollar bills falling out the bottom.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 2
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, cladner said:

what a dud this set is - can't even crack 2x msrp at this point.  83 sellers? this far out?  ugh.  wish i dabba dabba dabba didn't send my money on vacation "investing" in this set.  imperial tie fighter helmet looks at this set and just shakes its head laughing quietly inside that dark helmet with dollar bills falling out the bottom.

I'm not surprised this did poorly. The show does not resonate with anyone younger than 40. Mostly forgotten. 

The set was kinda weak too. No Dino & the car sucked. I would have cracked one open to get a Dino fig. 

• Like 5