Hidden Side 2019

4 hours ago, Mark Twain said:

Peak LEGO saturation, Apple is selling Hidden Side sets, with stock online and possibly in Apple stores.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

My grocery store (HyVee) has sold a small selection of Lego for years.  Same with my local hardware/ farming store (Theisens).  Is Apple selling only Hidden Side sets or other Lego themes?  If it's limited to Hidden Side I think it just makes sense given the AR/phone aspect.

Side note - Every time I see Hidden Side I think of Stranger Things Upside Down.  Makes me wonder if Lego branched off of that concept to make their own.

I've also seen those AR screens in Lego stores that you hold the set up to.  I wouldn't be surprised if that collected a lot of useful data across all the stores and all the people as part of software development for Hidden Side.

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, DadsAFOL said:

I like the concept for this theme, but i'm not digging the sticker explosion.  Holy crap that's a lot of stickers.   From an AR design perspective, wouldn't have been better to have more blank surfaces that you could sticker virtually in the app to allow for changes?

sticker is lego's tradition, getting rid of them is the last thing on this planet lego would do

59 minutes ago, Forge99 said:

I love these new sets, anyone know if this is going to be a long term theme by Lego or are they testing the water with this range?

Same! I can't wait to build and mod some of these! Even though I just learned my old school iPhone is not AR capable.... I am still looking forward to the builds and possibilities! As for the future, brickset shows they have 10 more sets slated for 2020!  

• 3 weeks later...

Saw these sets in Target yesterday and I think the packaging is horrible - to the point that it could hurt sales. It's very hard to get a sense of what the set looks like without picking up the box & flipping it over. I actually went through the lego aisle without noticing them & had to go back a second time to look for them specifically before I found them. It's a shame because I think the sets themselves are really cool.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HappyHawkeye said:

Saw these sets in Target yesterday and I think the packaging is horrible - to the point that it could hurt sales. It's very hard to get a sense of what the set looks like without picking up the box & flipping it over. I actually went through the lego aisle without noticing them & had to go back a second time to look for them specifically before I found them. It's a shame because I think the sets themselves are really cool.

I've had the same feeling about these. You can hardly get a feeling for the value of the sets. Should leave a pretty good opportunity for sales/clearances though.

4 hours ago, HappyHawkeye said:

I thought the same thing when I first saw them. At least an inset with the picture of the set would be helpful at the bottom corner of the front of the box. 

On 8/26/2019 at 8:41 AM, HappyHawkeye said:

This.  The idea is great, but the packaging has too much going on to the point that the boxes do not "pop" among other sets on the shelves.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody know from his own experience with the Hidden Side app and GWP 40336 if there is any GWP-exclusive app content? People have been complaining that the build cannot be scanned, but the ghost figure CAN be scanned with the app. But is the in-app representation of the figure exclusive to this specific figure (does it have a unique name no other ghost in any other set has) or does it appear as some generic ghost that can also be found elsewhere? I'd just like to know it there's any additional app content you ONLY get via interaction with parts of the GWP (an nowhere else). Thx

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lego Benito said:

I really like this theme but I'm not sure it'll cut through. Will be picking it up for myself whenever I see it cheap! 

Has already hit -45% in Netherlands 2 weeks ago... bought 2 trains, just to MOC them. Also could not resist the graveyard and boat at -45% 

38 minutes ago, crayxlp said:

what was the chain that sold them -45 prct?

Kruidvat; a drug store that only sell a broad selection of Lego when there is some special promotion.

This selection is only available online, and after the promotion, it is reduced significantly to cheap City, Friends and Ninjago sets.

Only store that I've seen the same is Trekpleister, which is from same owner.

Pretty sure it is steered by Lego directly.

• Thanks 1