Frozen II : The Movie

Bold-Arrow

3 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

My 11yo daughter showed me the trailer last night. I wasn't even aware it was released. She was excited, which warmed my heart, because she's definitely growing up too fast. I'm not ready for her to enter the teenager stage.

My 3.5 yo has been calling me by my actual name lately and it kills me every time. She enjoys the first one so this wont be any different.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

My 3.5 yo has been calling me by my actual name lately and it kills me every time. She enjoys the first one so this wont be any different.

My daughter calls me "Dad" now which I am actually okay with.  If she calls me "Kyle" I raise an eyebrow at her and she smiles with an "oops!"... When it comes to first name we have taught her Mom, Dad, Nana, Papa, need respect by calling them those names only.  With teachers, it's Miss, Mister, Misses and their last name.  I remember getting in trouble in 2nd grade when playing on the blacktop playground when I called  to my teacher "Lisa... I have a question...".  She made me sit on the "yellow square" for 10 minutes...

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Looks like we will be getting a Wind/Autumn themed equivalent to Elsa's Ice/Winter. The animation looks outstanding.

Is movie 3 going to be Fire/Summer power then? :D :D :D

Then Anna gets the Earth/Spring power to close the Quadrology :P  

Then someone gets Heart so we can get Captain Planet spinoff :D :D :D 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

seems kinda dark for a 3.5 year old

...Also She's totally doing it wrong...need to surf like Frozone...it's like Disney characters don't even interact between franchises....I'm sure the Mouse set up a pecking order when all this started.

1 minute ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

seems kinda dark for a 3.5 year old

...Also She's totally doing it wrong...need to surf like Frozone...it's like Disney characters don't even interact between franchises....I'm sure the Mouse set up a pecking order when all this started.

Where do you think Frozone learned his moves from ??  Elsa has to be his great great great great great great grandma.  Get your timeline straight yo :P

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Where do you think Frozone learned his moves from ??  Elsa has to be his great great great great great great grandma.  Get your timeline straight yo :P

Well Elsa is related to Tarzan, after all. So I could see some "tom foolery" going on between all those "great-great" generations. We must connect the dots.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, oneknightr said:

My 11yo daughter showed me the trailer last night. I wasn't even aware it was released. She was excited, which warmed my heart, because she's definitely growing up too fast. I'm not ready for her to enter the teenager stage.

I've got one the same age.  I need her to stop growing.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
22 minutes ago, dennugsmello said:

Can anybody give me some advice on this movie will affect the older Frozen sets. I own quite a few, that I bought at good discounts, and wanted to know their future potential. Based on previous film sequels, do original sets usually benefit, or suffer from a sequel. Thanks!

If the new sets are similar or an upgrade to the older sets, then the older sets will take a hit. I don't know all the Frozen sets off the top of my head, but I would imagine a new ice castle will be better than the older one.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, oneknightr said:

If the new sets are similar or an upgrade to the older sets, then the older sets will take a hit. I don't know all the Frozen sets off the top of my head, but I would imagine a new ice castle will be better than the older one.

The Ice castle is pretty well constructed. I have built and played with it. Its is destroyed in the first movie and Elsa goes back to Arendelle, so if anything, it might be a new castle based on this new character. The Juniors set is okay. The Market set is lame, only good for if you want to use the swap function with the larger castles. The Arendelle set is really nice, but I could see that being remade.

Frozen is up there in regards to fandom, but if they don't hit the right notes with the story in this movie, it could really hurt them. This will be THE animated film for young girls this year. Hard to see it plummeting, but I think most of the older sets are safe.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...