New Lego Ideas Entry: Milwaukee Art Museum

Quacs

This recent entry is great, and represents not only a great Ideas entry but an architecturally impressive building: The Milwaukee Art Museum.

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/fe154595-dc80-49de-b009-eed7933d3886/official_comments#content_nav_tabs 

For those that have never seen or don’t know about it, the museum was designed by the world renowned Spanish architect, Santiago Calatrava.  It was Calatrava’s first building design in the US.  Here’s a pic of the Calatrava’s building and the Lego Ideas entry:

855E0D1D-7FD7-4FB2-87DE-B6EC063EC25F.jpeg

0B1A5B91-E699-408B-9273-DA77739C9A92.jpeg

For those that live in or near NYC, Calatrava also designed the recent WTC Oculus:

3065C2A5-35B7-4E00-A231-3E0872C27AC8.jpeg

Please support if you like this!

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, Dr Jedi said:

This is the exact type of set the Architecture line should be moving towards.  Not those stupid skyline sets.

I think Skyline Sets are perfect, they maybe lack in detail, but if they stick to big cities/capitals, there will always a huge demand from normal people.

The building here might be nice, but I guess only a few people know that, which translate into fewer sales.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sozial said:

I think Skyline Sets are perfect, they maybe lack in detail, but if they stick to big cities/capitals, there will always a huge demand from normal people.

The building here might be nice, but I guess only a few people know that, which translate into fewer sales.

I don't doubt that the skyline sets can be popular, but they hardly deserve the moniker of "Architecture."  At best, they're a series of small monuments, and perhaps well known buildings, that inhabit a specific city.  The scale is so small, it's difficult to bring out any interesting architectural detail.

The very fact that you, and I, had never heard of, or seen, the Milwaukee Art Museum is all the more reason for it to be made into an Architecture set.  If Architecture sets are limited to buildings with which most people are familiar, the line would devolve into the pit of boredom that it's largely become.  Very likely, not many people had heard of the Robie House, or Farnsworth, or even Fallingwater, but they were great sets, architecturally interesting, and perhaps people actually learned something - if only from seeing them on a store shelf.  I wish TLG had the guts to make a set like this, but perhaps an Ideas set can show them the way.  

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

I don't doubt that the skyline sets can be popular, but they hardly deserve the moniker of "Architecture."  At best, they're a series of small monuments, and perhaps well known buildings, that inhabit a specific city.  The scale is so small, it's difficult to bring out any interesting architectural detail.

The very fact that you, and I, had never heard of, or seen, the Milwaukee Art Museum is all the more reason for it to be made into an Architecture set.  If Architecture sets are limited to buildings with which most people are familiar, the line would devolve into the pit of boredom that it's largely become.  Very likely, not many people had heard of the Robie House, or Farnsworth, or even Fallingwater, but they were great sets, architecturally interesting, and perhaps people actually learned something - if only from seeing them on a store shelf.  I wish TLG had the guts to make a set like this, but perhaps an Ideas set can show them the way.  

Well I know what you mean, but I guess its just the wrong Forum for you then. This is for investing and I guess that Museum would be a stinker for Lego and us as well.