75244 - Tantive IV

Val-E

• 1 month later...

First image has surfaced on Instagram (#legoleaks); I assume it's legit.

It looks very similar to 10198, with a few subtle improvements - not that impressed to be honest.

Interestingly there isn't any (UCS) labelling on box, but I guess it could be a preliminary; I just hope the rumoured Star Destroyer will be on a different level!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lobot said:

First image has surfaced on Instagram (#legoleaks); I assume it's legit.

It looks very similar to 10198, with a few subtle improvements - not that impressed to be honest.

Interestingly there isn't any (UCS) labelling on box, but I guess it could be a preliminary; I just hope the rumoured Star Destroyer will be on a different level!

I am happy it's not impressive.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

This fits in with their sub-UCS lineup they had mentioned. Wasnt it like Master Builder Series or something?

Possibly this will be labeled UCS as the UCS Sandcrawler is; no UCS plaque, no display stand, but incluses a range of minifigs....basically a display model with some play features.

Looking at the box pic, is that a spring loaded bolt shooting out the bow?  If it is, 10019 has to be more than secure for value.  

I don't get it.  BB-8 and Porg (non-UCS) get plaques, this set promoted as the UCS release on May 4th gets no plaque?  That doesn't seem right and I hope it's wrong.  Then again, 10198 doesn't have a plaque either.   This set really does look like a replacement for 10198.  Admittedly, the engines do look better than 10198 but it really is not like 10019.

On a side note, if the 4k+ piece ISD is a play set like this one, I think everyone's 10030 will be safe as well.

Makes me wonder if LEGO is discontinuing UCS sets in exchange for MBS play sets.  Technically, the executor was a playset, but it looks great as a display piece too (thanks to the plaque).

Good for me as I've wanted 10198 for a while. Assuming it has a similar piece count it to 10198 it has ~500 fewer pieces than the ICS Slave 1 and Y-Wing. I assume it's asking too much for this to be reflected in the price, particularly if it has 6 minifigs.

Edited by Tarka

38 minutes ago, Tarka said:

Good for me as I've wanted 10198 for a while. Assuming it has a similar piece count it to 10198 it has ~500 fewer pieces than the ICS Slave 1 and Y-Wing. I assume it's asking too much for this to be reflected in the price, particularly if it has 6 minifigs.

£179.99 in the UK: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/product/Tantive-IV-75244

The stud shooters look awful; and an easy pass for me.  I'm not sure which demographic LEGO designed this for but it seems too detailed (and expensive) for system-scale, but is lacking any real appeal to UCS-type collectors, like myself.  I can see this being heavily discounted eventually.  Nice selection of minifigures though, which may help to boost the initial sales.

75244 is 5" high, 24" long, 7" wide.    How does that compare with 10198?

Not crazy about the stud shooters or the spring loaded shooters at all, but that seems to be the must for every set now.

I do like the engines on 75244 better than 10198.  And is this the first Bail Organa minifigure?  I think it is funny they pic Princess Leia in the throne and NOT her father, you know, the king.

Edited by exracer327

22 hours ago, Lobot said:

I'm not sure which demographic LEGO designed this for but it seems too detailed (and expensive) for system-scale, but is lacking any real appeal to UCS-type collectors, like myself. 

I agree.

I was looking forward to this set, having missed the original blockade runner. I thought we would be getting an updated version of 10019 using modern building techniques, not a rehash of 10198. Although an improvement upon 10198 it's still more of a playset than a UCS set in my opinion.

It's a pass from me I'm afraid.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:49 PM, Lobot said:

£179.99 in the UK: https://shop.lego.com/en-GB/product/Tantive-IV-75244

The stud shooters look awful; and an easy pass for me.  I'm not sure which demographic LEGO designed this for but it seems too detailed (and expensive) for system-scale, but is lacking any real appeal to UCS-type collectors, like myself.  I can see this being heavily discounted eventually.  Nice selection of minifigures though, which may help to boost the initial sales.

I think I might end up passing at that price, at least until decent discounts come along.

12 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

B544E2B8-CA38-44BB-B53B-522C96666604.jpeg

I sold my 10198 last year during a "collection reduction" and deeply regretted it...but this new one will fill the void. Perhaps in 5 or 10 years we will get a true UCS Tantive IV.

Side note: we should see prices on sealed 10198 sets slipping.

Edited by eliminator