75244 - Tantive IV

Val-E

6 hours ago, eliminator said:

Video review comparing all three Tantive sets...

Thank you for posting that, very educational.  I feel sorry for anyone still holding onto a 10198.  It's toast.

The first time I saw pics of 75244 I thought the same thing as this guy - that the gaps between the engines were unsightly and out of place.  But when you compare it to the source, it's actually more accurate than not.  I think it could use some cleaning up, but overall 75244 better captures the engines than 10198. 

In my opinion, the wheels LEGO used for engines in 10198, ISD 75055, and Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle 75104 are horrible.  The wheels they use for engines on 75244 and ISD 6211 are so much better.

One thought: anyone holding a 10198 could pass it off as a CR-60 instead of the Tantive IV (a CR-90).

Edited by exracer327

At some point I think it stops being cute to use lego pieces in ways in which they weren't originally intended. 11 tires hanging off the back of the thing is distracting. If you're going to make that many of them I dont see why you can't design a proper piece.

7 hours ago, Mathew said:

These $200 UCS sets must really hit a sweet spot.  I'm surprised after all these years we still haven't seen a UCS AT-AT.  But I'm not sure if it can be scaled properly to make it a decent 2,000 piece set. 

My guess is the next AT-AT will be similar in size to the previous one, they'll add a smaller snow speeder, label it a Master Builder Series set and charge $200 for it. 

1 hour ago, lazuli16 said:

My guess is the next AT-AT will be similar in size to the previous one, they'll add a smaller snow speeder, label it a Master Builder Series set and charge $200 for it. 

I doubt LEGO will ever put a minifigure sized AT-AT and snowspeeder in the same set.  Those are their bread and butter for selling Hoth sets.  Sadly, we have like what, six of Luke's snowspeeder and only two with orange.  One of those two has no tail gunner and the other was only available in the most over-priced Hoth set ever. 

It's a shame LEGO never came out with Rogue Squadron snowspeeders.  They could have sold a dozen of those in different sets.  But they keep coming out with Luke's not realizing his is the only one with grey coloring.  Or they're just being lazy since they have the Luke minifigure and don't want the fan base getting all over them for producing the same parts and calling them by different names.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/22/2019 at 8:57 AM, Captain_chaos said:

Honestly £179.99 for this is a bloody joke. I certainly won't be paying that. I'm sure £130 will be achievable with patience.

All joking aside this sets Backordered here in the states. I bought mine May 4th at the Lego store and do not regret anything, in my opinion this is the best release of a tantive lV Lego has ever released. Glad to get it retail than to watch it retire again and look at over $500 later. Lol

Added a UCS Stand cause it deserves it,  plus with the extra pieces it came with and a few if my own, I added greebles inside the thruster pack. 

Looks Great!

D985A619-4121-4A3E-A088-B8C51C40E70D.jpeg

6D3A4A98-103B-407C-A695-3598A8DEF266.jpeg

EC127B6F-C2AD-4628-BEE9-9CEDD3D088C5.jpeg

3ADE36C1-60BE-4CB7-B6D2-6F14327BC006.jpeg

• Like 7

• 1 year later...