71024 - Minifigures - Disney: Series 2

Thebrickman2018

5 minutes ago, Thebrickman2018 said:

Hmm just seen this article - new series of Disney figures coming soon... and the Minnie / Mickie figures are exactly the same as those pictured in this set - so those figures will clearly not be unique to that set. However, accessories might be. 

https://9to5toys.com/2019/03/20/lego-collectible-disney-minifigures/

I'm really surprised TLG would include the Mickey and Minnie figures from this set into the new CMF series. That kills the exclusivity right out of the gate. 

On a side note, those Jack, Sally, Hercules, Hades, and Jafar figures!! WOW!!

lego-collectible-disney-minifigures2.png

Edited by oneknightr
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I'm really surprised TLG would include the Mickey and Minnie figures from this set into the new CMF series. That kills the exclusivity right out of the gate. 

On a side note, those Jack, Sally, Hercules, Hades, and Jafar figures!! WOW!!

Agreed definitely kills the uniqueness of the steam boat set. These are better IMO..........

https://www.minifigures.com/products/pumpkin-king.html

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

Not surprised at all - I believe their new moto is "Cause it's never too early to say FU"

They might be slightly different though (for better or worse)

Edited by KShine

27 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I don't understand why she's carrying a bird.  If they were going to add a bird they should have included a parrot to represent Iago.

Kind of like how both Aladdin and The Genie both were holding gold lamps in the first series.

The tiger is for the Jasmine minidoll, so it wouldn't make any sense in this situation. However, Jafar-entranced Jasmine would have worked...

The Dove works, it's in the movie. Sorry, I have two young daughters. I know my princesses.

Screenshot 2019-03-20 11.47.25.png

Screenshot 2019-03-20 11.50.01.png

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

I don't understand why she's carrying a bird.  If they were going to add a bird they should have included a parrot to represent Iago.

If Iago came with Jafar, that would've been amazing. Missed opportunity. The Sultan should've been included in this series as well! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Kind of like how both Aladdin and The Genie both were holding gold lamps in the first series.

The tiger is for the Jasmine minidoll, so it wouldn't make any sense in this situation. However, Jafar-entranced Jasmine would have worked...

The Dove works, it's in the movie. Sorry, I have two young daughters. I know my princesses.

Screenshot 2019-03-20 11.47.25.png

Screenshot 2019-03-20 11.50.01.png

these paired with Aladdin and Genie in the first series, gold

Scrooge McDuck is my spirit cartoon character.  Finally I can have him in LEGO form. 

Too bad Iago did not come with Jafar.  At least we get the cartoon version of Jafar.  How do I know it is the cartoon version? The LEGO minifig (with the half smirk) looks more menacing than the Jafar in the live action Aladdin trailer :D  :D :D 

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

Mickey's hat appears different.  

image.thumb.png.f322e86fa8da22554876dfbd2ae0e24c.png

The Mickey&Minnie's accessories in Steamboat Willie are in silver.  It looks like the CMF versions are strictly black and white. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1