75227 - Darth Vader Bust

lazuli16

24 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

I'm not totally convinced this thing is actually "done". With the Brickheadz, it was up, and then done. These didn't have that same pattern. I'm not sure there is much history to go on.

Hard to compare with the brickheadz.  If we are to believe what has been said about those, they were a one off mistake intended for ComicCon and inturn given over to retailers for what is assumed to be a bidding war for rights.  It appears Target and WM won the rights and also ability to price differently.  WM sold out in hours,  Target in 8. WM had no purchase limits but an increased price of 14.99. Target charged normal 9.99 but required a Redcard to purchase and placed limit of 2, however able to put in multiple/unlimited orders. The Target method of retail caused a bottle neck.

With that being said and having the target badge printed on the box,  target has complete control over how they reach the consumer once aquired. Dont sleep on target to learn from the brickheadz event and try to milk the cow longer.  My guess is 10K were produced. 5K went to CSWC, 5K went to target.  Target got wise to the hoard and split the sale of their 5K in half and then timing their 2nd round to include any left overs from CSWC since they cant be sold at any other retailer, inventory mitigation.  As for selling out in 1 hr vs 7hrs, could be any number of variables: hoard Caught Off guard,  cc limits reached after 1st round, slightly more volume given the left overs from CSWC. 

Just spitballin here...

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

It might've been mentioned in between Darth Boobies and haikus, but I've never seen something from Target say a big bold "Sold Out" for it's inventory status. Maybe "out of stock" or "no longer available." Is "Sold Out" a common Target term? Seemed to stand out a bit.

Ive seen it before but I cant recall where. I seem to think it was on an item no longre carried/in stock but from a few seasons ago, but still searchable online. Ill try and find another example, but Im pretty sure it is fairly common.

39 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

It might've been mentioned in between Darth Boobies and haikus, but I've never seen something from Target say a big bold "Sold Out" for it's inventory status. Maybe "out of stock" or "no longer available." Is "Sold Out" a common Target term? Seemed to stand out a bit.

The app said "temporarily out of stock." Still does.

38 minutes ago, lodibricks said:

image.thumb.png.8953eb837f4d91310ad36e41cecd3843.png

This is the status for 21315 right now, and I am sure they will have more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, lodibricks said:

The bust online has said "Sold Out" twice before.  The app uses "out of stock" language at the same time.  So I don't know that that really means anything other than, "This product is current unavailable."  Probably depends on how much hidden stock, cancelled orders, or store returns they "find."

• Like 1

Does everyone else's shipments have red UPC code stickers stuck to every box with the Vader Busts?  I've received a lot of LEGO from Target but only ever seen these upc stickers with these shipments including the Vader Busts.
2 out of my 6 had them... only other ones I have gotten with those on it were TLM2 brickheadz

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

89257dd528b329e33686f1cb347a282c.jpg

Just got my Vader Bust in (ordered it on its second time available) yesterday. Outer box was fine, but it looks like someone drop-kicked it in there. Nice, Target.

Called customer service and they agreed to refund me the full amount, and get this, I’m supposed to “properly dispose of the damaged product.”

If by “properly dispose” you mean build and display, done!

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 5:59 AM, Dlambert2004 said:

Just got my Vader Bust in (ordered it on its second time available) yesterday. Outer box was fine, but it looks like someone drop-kicked it in there. Nice, Target.

On ‎4‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 10:45 AM, oneknightr said:

That box is a bust!!

i see what you did there.jpg

• Haha 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75227 - Darth Vader Bust