75227 - Darth Vader Bust

lazuli16

4 hours ago, Mgip21 said:

Exclusive funco pop comic con figures have been sold like that for a couple of years. Sold in GameStop, Walmart, target, Barnes & Noble I believe, but have the city that the comic con still listed on it. And different stores get different exclusives

Yep.  You can goto any Barnes and Noble, Target or Walmart and find dozens and dozens of "exclusive" Funkos.

On 3/21/2019 at 12:51 PM, Ed Mack said:

Well, these sets will be around for one year only, so they have that going for them.

On 3/21/2019 at 4:59 PM, NIevo said:

$39.99 Limited Red Card Exclusive is what is being said.  Not sure what exactly that means though as far as production run size goes.

43 minutes ago, exracer327 said:

So it's confirmed this is a Target Exclusive, but I haven't seen anything about it being a limited edition.  

If it's not a limited edition, there will be tons of these produced just like any other Target Exclusive.  So is there really any rush to buy these day 1?

I also haven't heard of any limited # of these anywhere. just limited where one can get them.  Only around for a year I guess and not available over seas I hear.  I'll prob get a couple on day one, but hoard like mad?...good Question.

4 hours ago, exracer327 said:

So it's confirmed this is a Target Exclusive, but I haven't seen anything about it being a limited edition.  

If it's not a limited edition, there will be tons of these produced just like any other Target Exclusive.  So is there really any rush to buy these day 1?

Depends on whether you think they'll have trouble keeping them in stock.

1 hour ago, Banjodefairmont said:

I’ve been sitting out SW as of late, but this is a reasonable size model that looks very cool, so I’m sure it’ll be a quick buy for me.  It IS an exclusive to Target though, yes.

Makes me think of that street “cafe” exclusive to Target months back that was overpriced at $19.99USD.

The difference I see is that this is for red card holders which says it may be more limited.

6 minutes ago, marcandre said:

The Penguin Roller was Target exclusive. Good luck getting rrp for that.

Last Target exclusive worth a damn was zombies. That disappeared in three months and turned to gold. They are not going to do that with Darth Vader. That's a cow worth milking. 

60111 and 60168 are doing pretty well

9 hours ago, wegj15 said:

The difference I see is that this is for red card holders which says it may be more limited.

this will help, those that want the set and aren't red card holder and are "afraid" of credit cards will look to secondary markets to find this set.

1 hour ago, zaphoid said:

this will help, those that want the set and aren't red card holder and are "afraid" of credit cards will look to secondary markets to find this set.

that bit sounds a bit condescending...there are many pros and cons of getting a new card that doesn't involve  folks that have a hard time managing their monthly budgets....identity theft is no joke and anyone who has serious purchasing ambitions (ie buying a car or home) needs to be vigilant. for instance in CA the spread of excellent credit to avg (1 hit against you) may be the difference of a mortgage percentage point...that point could be an extra $10k in annual monthly payments...kinda puts a $50 lego set in perspective. [rant over and even if you didn't mean it that way...always a good reminder that with every credit card is another exposure that NEEDS to be safeguarded...like adding an extra door to your home...

• Like 1

15 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Just wondering if it'll be like Saturn V - hard to find at first, now tons of them and hoarded.

These are 20th Anniversary sets so they won't be around for ever and this one in particular might have even a shorter life span if it is numbered or limited.  

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

that bit sounds a bit condescending...there are many pros and cons of getting a new card that doesn't involve  folks that have a hard time managing their monthly budgets....identity theft is no joke and anyone who has serious purchasing ambitions (ie buying a car or home) needs to be vigilant. for instance in CA the spread of excellent credit to avg (1 hit against you) may be the difference of a mortgage percentage point...that point could be an extra $10k in annual monthly payments...kinda puts a $50 lego set in perspective. [rant over and even if you didn't mean it that way...always a good reminder that with every credit card is another exposure that NEEDS to be safeguarded...like adding an extra door to your home...

didn't mean to come across as condescending and I completely get the I.D. theft risks (however that has little to do with how many cards I have)  I was just pointing out that this is a numbers game.  Since this item is exclusive to Target its already somewhat limited in its availability.  By limiting it to Red Card holders now its only available to 25% of Target shoppers.  Like you said, not many people willing to open a card for a $50 item.

Identity theft while a real issue, it is also a non-issue at the same time. If you have any identity whatsoever it is out there for someone to steal. It is just kind of luck (or bad luck) of the draw if they pick yours or not. There are websites where you can go and buy other people's credit card info for $5 a pop if someone wants to. It is about the same odds as winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning to have your identity stolen. If it does happen to you, yeah, it sucks. But it is not something you should go around being afraid is going to happen to you all the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

56 minutes ago, Shortbus311 said:

Identity theft while a real issue, it is also a non-issue at the same time. If you have any identity whatsoever it is out there for someone to steal. It is just kind of luck (or bad luck) of the draw if they pick yours or not. There are websites where you can go and buy other people's credit card info for $5 a pop if someone wants to. It is about the same odds as winning the lottery or getting struck by lightning to have your identity stolen. If it does happen to you, yeah, it sucks. But it is not something you should go around being afraid is going to happen to you all the time.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I have 2 cards so real easy for me to figure out if something is wrong...and on a given year...even on those two cards I get about 2-3 alerts for some reason or anothers.

multiply that by 4-6 to 10 cards and yeah...I have my doubts that a household of two+ card holders can maintain reasonable vigilance... Whenever there's an issue it's all about speed of response...hard to do when you can't even figure out which card is having a problem.

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I have 2 cards so real easy for me to figure out if something is wrong...and on a given year...even on those two cards I get about 2-3 alerts for some reason or anothers.

multiply that by 4-6 to 10 cards and yeah...I have my doubts that a household of two+ card holders can maintain reasonable vigilance... Whenever there's an issue it's all about speed of response...hard to do when you can't even figure out which card is having a problem.

not to completely derail this thread but as long as you have decent monitoring in place (Credit Karma, Experian Alerts), your credit reports are all locked or frozen, never use your debit card, then you've done all you can do.  I was a victim of major identity theft a year an a half ago and while it sucked it didn't scare me away from using or managing cards.  In fact, it did just the opposite and turned me more on to their use because of the consumer protections.  Banks can take weeks to give you your money back, credit card companies will instantly refund fraudulent changes and over night new cards if necessary.

• Like 1

The title of this thread may say it all about this set, Darth Vader Bust.  Star Wars sets seem to have a huge bust potential lately and if this is not a limited run and exclusivie it is likely a bust or not a big winner. because of more widespread availability  The Lego 2 Movie Brickheadz were a winner for those who got them, especially the Walmart exclusive. because of both the limited number and production run, a winning combination.

Personally I like this set, will get one for myself and get one for investment.  I missed out on the UCS Darth Maul bust and this one, though not as big and detailed, looks great and is more affordable.  I do like the concept of store exclusives coming back.

this article suggests that it's selling at Target at "limited quantities"...

https://www.thebrickfan.com/star-wars-celebration-2019-exclusives-lottery-now-live/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegoEverlasting-LegoReviewsNews+(The+Brick+Fan+-+LEGO+Reviews+%26+News)

Freak-N-A...I finally may have to get a Target Redcard.

this could be emmet Bhz but at x3 in magnitude

3 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Only avail to redcard holders.

Yes but most importantly, how many of these sets are going to be produced? If it's limited to 5000 but with no sticker, I can see this set appreciating nicely. But if production is not limited in any way, there will be plenty to go around, even if it's limited to Redcard holders only.

• Like 1

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75227 - Darth Vader Bust