75227 - Darth Vader Bust

lazuli16

1 hour ago, Pseudoty said:

Thanks.  I do not see any unique elements.  Looks like you can build this from spare parts at home or place a $20 BL order.  

I've often wondered if Lego designers take pride in hiding brightly colored pieces in sets that you wouldn't think they belong in.  The blue, red, green, and pink in here are perfect examples of that.

18 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

I've often wondered if Lego designers take pride in hiding brightly colored pieces in sets that you wouldn't think they belong in.  The blue, red, green, and pink in here are perfect examples of that.

I think it is more cost cutting than anything else.  The primary colored bricks/tiles are most likely 0.00000001% cheaper to produce than the other colors

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, zaphoid said:

My guess is that it's easier to build when you have a contrast in color. 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, lazuli16 said:

My guess is that it's easier to build when you have a contrast in color. 

Yes.  The 10018 Darth Maul bust was one of the hardest builds I ever encountered.  They were mostly black pieces.  Vertical/Top down views of the instructions are difficult to follow.  Make one mistake and the whole model is screwed up.  The 3450 Statue of Liberty is another very difficult build.  The colors make for an easier time for beginners.

Guest TabbyBoy
2 minutes ago, wotguvnotmeguv said:

Is this getting a UK release?

I'd guess "Yes" and it'll be piled up high everywhere. We can't trust LEGO to know then meaning of the word "Exclusive" anymore.

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75227 - Darth Vader Bust