2019 BRICKPICKER LEGO Raffle to Keep St. Paul School Strong!

Ed Mack

On 4/18/2019 at 12:17 PM, Ed Mack said:

OK, here is the answer from Rallyup.com...

Hi Ed,
That's a great question!  I see that you have chosen for people to buy entries for specific prizes.  In this case, the bonus tickets are spread out among the prizes for which entries were purchased.  There is an algorithm that weights the distribution of bonus entries depending on the amount of entries purchased.
Let me know if you need anything else.
Thanks!
Leanne

It’s rounding up to the next whole number on any fractions for the bonus.  I ended up with 103 bonus tickets when 100 would’ve been the unrounded number.

• Like 1

We have had a few questions about entering the LEGO raffle from Europe and other parts of the world...YES..YOU CAN!  As long as you have a valid shipping address and you don't usually have issues receiving packages via UPS or Fed Ex or similar, you can enter.  

I have shipped to Belgium, Canada , United Kingdom, and Singapore.  

I will also accept PayPal payments to my personal account and buy tickets for you if you don't want to use a credit card.  

ONE WEEK LEFT and we are at $10,000.00.  Thanks for the support.

• Like 2

I apologize for being such a slacker around here.  Thanks for the last reminder.  I just got my tickets and I feel I should win the amusement park sets with ticket w666.  Maybe this will be the one carousel I will like.  For some reason the repetition gets to me with others I have built.  Good luck everyone.

• Like 1

I apologize for being such a slacker around here.  Thanks for the last reminder.  I just got my tickets and I feel I should win the amusement park sets with ticket w666.  Maybe this will be the one carousel I will like.  For some reason the repetition gets to me with others I have built.  Good luck everyone.

Thanks for your generosity. You have done well the past few years, but bet big, win big as they say. The Grand Carousel is a wonderful set and I will miss it.

I would like to personally thank Huw from Brickset.com.  For the past four years,  Huw and his team have helped promote the BrickPicker LEGO raffle, even though there are complaints on his site about the raffle and our website in particular.  He is one of the good guys!  Thanks again!

image.png

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I would like to personally thank Huw from Brickset.com.  For the past four years,  Huw and his team have helped promote the BrickPicker LEGO raffle, even though there are complaints on his site about the raffle and our website in particular.  He is one of the good guys!  Thanks again!

image.png

Ive read through the comments/concerns posted there and its a mixed bag. If I had the resources to offer a raffle like this for the education of my children, I would be doing the same thing. To each their own. I don't understand the comments encouraging others not to donate. If you are spending/donating money, its ones own choice to do the research behind where it is going. All of these people throwing up so-called "red-flags" really should put their resources elsewhere.

43 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Ive read through the comments/concerns posted there and its a mixed bag. If I had the resources to offer a raffle like this for the education of my children, I would be doing the same thing. To each their own. I don't understand the comments encouraging others not to donate. If you are spending/donating money, its ones own choice to do the research behind where it is going. All of these people throwing up so-called "red-flags" really should put their resources elsewhere.

Most people understand and are respectful and generous.  I used to take it more personally, but I know the truth and I am OK with the negative comments.   The most negative comments were made out of ignorance.  They know nothing of the school or the community or the situation with the diocese.  What I do know it's a POSITIVE force in my community and needs to remain open.  That's why I fight for it...

• Like 1

Just now, Ed Mack said:

Not the end for the school, end of my supply of LEGO sets possibly.

But what are you gonna do with all that empty space???

It would seem hard to imagine keeping the passion that is necessary to run this site, without having a vested interest in LEGO.

Hopefully this is only the end of your supply.

19 minutes ago, KShine said:

But what are you gonna do with all that empty space???

It would seem hard to imagine keeping the passion that is necessary to run this site, without having a vested interest in LEGO.

Hopefully this is only the end of your supply.

It's all good...There are lots of positive things going on behind the scenes.  I will explain more in a few weeks, but the last 6 months has only confirmed to me that reselling LEGO sets is a viable way to make money.

• Like 2

It's all good...There are lots of positive things going on behind the scenes.  I will explain more in a few weeks, but the last 6 months has only confirmed to me that reselling LEGO sets is a viable way to make money.
Emazers is no more, but long live Edmazers !

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:
27 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Emazers is no more, but long live Edmazers !

LOL...That's no lie.  I bought more this past fall/winter than I have in years.

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I always knew makeup and Lego could coexist...

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

I always knew makeup and Lego could coexist...

LOL..I was a little uptight back then.  On a serious note, while Brickpicker will always have a special place for LEGO sets, but diversification into other toys like Funkos and action figures is already in the works.  I guess we can add a lipstick section for some oldtimers and clown fanatics.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

LOL..I was a little uptight back then.  On a serious note, while Brickpicker will always have a special place for LEGO sets, but diversification into other toys like Funkos and action figures is already in the works.  I guess we can add a lipstick section for some oldtimers and clown fanatics.  

Investorsell part dos?

10 minutes ago, Migration said:

Investorsell part dos?

Good memory!  Jeff has dozens of great domain names that we have bought over the years.  Really depends upon how much we diversify.  The bread and butter of this site is now definitely reselling and good deals, so we will give the people what they want.  

• Like 2

Good memory!  Jeff has dozens of great domain names that we have bought over the years.  Really depends upon how much we diversify.  The bread and butter of this site is now definitely reselling and good deals, so we will give the people what they want.  

All I ever wanted was like 2 columns added to the BrickPicker database.
  • Like 1