2019 BRICKPICKER LEGO Raffle to Keep St. Paul School Strong!

Ed Mack

7 hours ago, ravenb99 said:

was a fun way to get more tickets but it only takes one.   Bought a block of 100 and did the 50% bonus to the one I won and the first ticket won!

W2696 - W2795

so 1 or 100 you have a shot if you try...

You won the mystery lot! That is so cool! Post pics of it when you get your prize! We are all happy for you! :) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

All the $100.00 Amazon "bonus" gift cards have been sent.  I am still waiting for the winner of the $1000.00 Amazon Gift Card to step forward...

image.png

Who got the $100 AMZ bonuses?! Other winners? I didn't even know there were $100 bonuses. You can send me the $1000 if it is burdening you, don't want you to stress out if the winner doesn't respond. Also, I have two silent marys 71042. If the price on ebay doesn't go up in the next 9 months or so, I can donate it to the raffle next year! I don't know why I even have two! I just looked in my closet and there it was!

18 hours ago, Saruman said:

Who got the $100 AMZ bonuses?! Other winners? I didn't even know there were $100 bonuses. You can send me the $1000 if it is burdening you, don't want you to stress out if the winner doesn't respond. Also, I have two silent marys 71042. If the price on ebay doesn't go up in the next 9 months or so, I can donate it to the raffle next year! I don't know why I even have two! I just looked in my closet and there it was!

Any winner who donated $100.00 or more.  There were 4 winners that qualified.  Plus they are all getting Darth Vader busts courtesy of Pebble & Park (except for raven...He requested Minnie Mouse).  I will take whatever you want to donate.  Thanks...

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

Any winner who donated $100.00 or more.  There were 4 winners that qualified.  Plus they are all getting Darth Vader busts courtesy of Pebble & Park (except for raven...He requested Minnie Mouse).  I will take whatever you want to donate.  Thanks...

leave it to that raven guy to always be the oddball

17 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Only 4 went over $100? I mean I was between 60-70. Probably good I DIDN'T know about the $100 AMZ, otherwise I would be tempted to give more but only because I was expecting something in return. Also if I donate sets, do I have to pay the shipping? I would want to ship it to you for you to ship out to winners, because I have shipped LEGO international before and I HATE IT, and I do not want to get stuck with a set I have to send to Europe.

1 hour ago, Saruman said:

Only 4 went over $100? I mean I was between 60-70. Probably good I DIDN'T know about the $100 AMZ, otherwise I would be tempted to give more but only because I was expecting something in return. Also if I donate sets, do I have to pay the shipping? I would want to ship it to you for you to ship out to winners, because I have shipped LEGO international before and I HATE IT, and I do not want to get stuck with a set I have to send to Europe.

Only 4 WINNERS went over $100.00.  People donated $100.00 or more and didn't win only get a big thank you from me and the school.  As for the other sets, hold onto them.  I am not sure at the moment on whether or not I will do another LEGO raffle, so hold onto your sets.  As I stated earlier, it's more about my own personal situation than anything else.  

7 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

I am not sure at the moment on whether or not I will do another LEGO raffle, so hold onto your sets.  As I stated earlier, it's more about my own personal situation than anything else.  

You do know that you are too old to run away.

25 minutes ago, KShine said:

You do know that you are too old to run away.

LOL...Not running away.  Basically I am building a custom home.  It's something I always wanted to do and my LEGO collection is enabling me to do so.  The situation with building, packing, moving and everything else will happen sometime next Winter into Spring.  Running another LEGO raffle at that time could be tricky, but I am not writing it off.  

Jeff and I have learned a lot the past 6 months and there us a lot of things happening behind the scenes, all which is good for the site and members. There is a new update coming and other plans to bring more pricing information to resellers and collectors.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

LOL...Not running away.  Basically I am building a custom home.  It's something I always wanted to do and my LEGO collection is enabling me to do so.  The situation with building, packing, moving and everything else will happen sometime next Winter into Spring.  Running another LEGO raffle at that time could be tricky, but I am not writing it off.  

Jeff and I have learned a lot the past 6 months and there us a lot of things happening behind the scenes, all which is good for the site and members. There is a new update coming and other plans to bring more pricing information to resellers and collectors.

Sounds great - Happy to hear about the new home!

I myself am tempted to sell out, and pay off my 2 houses, etc - But I don't know if I could face having to get a real job.

Your Lego collection is allowing you to build a custom house? That's a lot of bricks.

Is the exterior going to be all random colors or did you manage to sores that many bricks of the same color?

4 minutes ago, Phil B said:
42 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Your Lego collection is allowing you to build a custom house? That's a lot of bricks.

LOL...I wish.  It enabled me to buy a piece of property, which is the first step.

3 hours ago, KShine said:

Sounds great - Happy to hear about the new home!

I myself am tempted to sell out, and pay off my 2 houses, etc - But I don't know if I could face having to get a real job.

It's a bucket list sort of thing.  I am not getting any younger and this is a huge endeavor.  Either I do it now or it won't ever get done.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It's a bucket list sort of thing.  I am not getting any younger and this is a huge endeavor.  Either I do it now or it won't ever get done.

We did it a few years ago, we enjoy it, but keeping up with acreage is time consuming in the Summer.

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

We did it a few years ago, we enjoy it, but keeping up with acreage is time consuming in the Summer.

My property right now is full of trees, mulch beds and is sloped.  It is very difficult to maintain well.  The new lot is flat, with a few mature trees and double the size, but it is easier to mow than to edge and weed.  

• Like 2