Joker

41 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

I always like Phoenix, but I think this is another unnecessary DC movie. Looking forward to “Shazam” though.

Those two movies couldn't be any more different in regards to the tone. Shazam does look good but in a more fun way. Joker looks more "emotionally draining and psychologically heavy, but in an artsy way". Both have their place and its nice seeing DC experiment with different takes.

15 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Those two movies couldn't be any more different in regards to the tone. Shazam does look good but in a more fun way. Joker looks more "emotionally draining and psychologically heavy, but in an artsy way". Both have their place and its nice seeing DC experiment with different takes.

We've had enough brooding Joker.

18 minutes ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I really don't need any "emotionally draining and psychologically heavy, but in an artsy way" movies in my life.  I have enough drama real time.

• Like 3

Meh. I have 0 interest in Joker's origin movie.  His background is fine as a 10 minutes arc in a Batman movie, but I do not want to invest 2 hours for a complete story.

1 hour ago, KShine said:

I think it looks great - Yet another best Joker ever.

No way.  For that distinction they should have recast Joker as a black woman :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

"All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy." "Girlfriend killed by the mob maybe.... Brother carved up by some mugger perhaps.... Something like that I bet. Something like that.... Something like that happened to me you know. I'm not exactly sure what it was. Sometimes I remember it one way. Sometimes another. If I'm going to have a past, I prefer it to be multiple choice! Heheheh!"

The trailer reminded me of those separate snippets of dialogue (best I can recall) from The Killing Joke. Here it would seem we will be getting a glimpse into one of those many possible "bad days" for The Joker. Make no mistake, he is still a psychotic maniac and no sympathy for this devil deserved. Still interesting enough to warrant a view not to mention Joaquin Phoenix is a good choice. To some degree he does share a bit of the hair and facial structure reminiscent of the late Heath Ledger yet with his own varying portrayal of the killer clown.