May the Fourth Be With You - 2019

$20 on joe vs dan

are we talking about this yet?  to soon?

The German site: https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=https://www.stonewars.de/&prev=search

is mentioning:

Tantive IV release,

Double VIP Pts on all Star Wars Sets

GWP of mini Hoth Battle Build

Lego SW Anniversary Poster

also mentions of 20%+ discounts on SW sets

this is my first go at May 4th Star Wars day...just learned of it but apparently its a tradition going back to 1979

So quite a nice Hoth mini build.

A free collectible print.

Double VIP.

Probably get about 6% cashback

Yet I still can't see a single set (bar those who want the Tantive IV on day one), which doesn't need to be part of that sale to even start looking at them. The Star Wars theme really has becoming a big let down over the last few years.

59 minutes ago, ravenb99 said:

I'll take the box set over poly anytime. Same size box as avengers tower.  About 250 per store on avg so about double towers.   

I'm the opposite, would rather get an exclusive figure vs. a mini scene.  Not having one in a few years has reduced my 5/4 buying quite a bit.  That, and the set selection has been bunk.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, amrandazz said:

They've had a special poly the last however long (R2 and BB last two years). I'd imagine they'll have something similar. Hopefully something bigger as its 20th anniversary.

No poly this year, it's the set that's been discussed here.

10 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I'm the opposite, would rather get an exclusive figure vs. a mini scene.  Not having one in a few years has reduced my 5/4 buying quite a bit.  That, and the set selection has been bunk.

I'll take this over that 'exclusive' FO Stormtrooper poly every single day.

11 minutes ago, thegraverobber said:

No poly this year, it's the set that's been discussed here.

I'll take this over that 'exclusive' FO Stormtrooper poly every single day.

Yes, that one sucked.  I would like to see more like TC-14, Darth Revan, Admiral Yularen.   A figure that you aren't going to get in a set normally but as a gift with purchase on Star Wars Day.  There are so many characters in the Star Wars universe that could be made that haven't that I hold out hope we see them in these instances.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

Yes, that one sucked.  I would like to see more like TC-14, Darth Revan, Admiral Yularen.   A figure that you aren't going to get in a set normally but as a gift with purchase on Star Wars Day.  There are so many characters in the Star Wars universe that could be made that haven't that I hold out hope we see them in these instances.  

Yeah, I love those. I do think this set is pretty cool though, especially with the printed pieces.

20 minutes ago, amrandazz said:

Oh i thought that was one of those in store builds. Any box art yet?

Yep, here you go.

They also have an in-store Tantive IV build (on the 3rd, I believe).

4 hours ago, Sprocket77 said:

So quite a nice Hoth mini build.

A free collectible print.

Double VIP.

Probably get about 6% cashback

Yet I still can't see a single set (bar those who want the Tantive IV on day one), which doesn't need to be part of that sale to even start looking at them. The Star Wars theme really has becoming a big let down over the last few years.

I'd probably do two separate purchases: Tantive and slave I...although I am saving my nickels for the ISD later this year.

the aniversary sets are growing on me..seeing the old school box art in person at stores...makes me want to get them all and put them in a time capsule.

10 minutes ago, isawred said:

im trying to determine which sets to get the gwp? anyone have a plan? I should research all the sets and figure it out but i’m clearance hoping this morning and im sure someone already knows the best sets to = $75

61 Jyn Erso Keychains :thumbsup:
2 75210 Moloch Landspeeer @ 39.99 each ?
75230 Porg @ 69.99 + 4 Jyn Erso Keychains :laugh:

Better hope something decent goes on clearance... as most of the current collection is either already well discounted other places, or steaming turds... especially at RRP

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2

61 Jyn Erso Keychains :thumbsup:
2 75210 Moloch Landspeeer @ 39.99 each ?
75230 Porg @ 69.99 + 4 Jyn Erso Keychains :laugh:
Better hope something decent goes on clearance... as most of the current collection is either already well discounted other places, or steaming turds... especially at RRP

i’ve been eying various keychains, would it even be possible to get 61? because that almost sounds like the best play...

rrp for various 20th ann was my thinking

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app
  • Like 1

These are double pts for the entire month of May.  I hope LEGO is giving double pts on ALL Star Wars for May the 4th (May 3-5).

I'll bet the porgs will be 20% off.  The store near me has so many of them they built a small tower of them at one point.  They still have three shelf locations for them, including at the front of the store when people walk in.

Personally, I think it's great Disney stocked the MF with food for when they picked up the remainder of the resistance.  They had to be hungry.

image.png

Edited by exracer327
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, exciter1 said:

Some sets may be on sale (max 20% off) and they may also offer 2x VIP.  It may be too early to tell what the best deal is. Everyone does it a little differently.

20% is week sauce.  I was spoiled by my first May 4th with some 50% off sets and Darth Revan.  Even as a noob I could make money on that.

• Like 1

based on the bricklink part out value in the past 6 months (which may not be a good gauge....) the 20th podracer has the highest return. dropship is a close 2nd.

I know i'm over thinking this and I have no proof of part out values equalling revenue/sales.

Edited by isawred
spelling

Over here bb8 will be 30 off.  Porg 10 off and then pretty much the rest of the regular set line will be 20 off with the exception of the 20th sets.   No exclusives either although Vader castle is 20 off.   Not sure if online will replicate those prices.   

BB8 not to bad with 30 off double points and just about an atat promo per.