Stranger Things 2019

• 2 weeks later...

Set looks good IMO interested to see what other (if any sets come out to accompany it) would they be from season 1, 2, or current etc.? 

Still not really sure how the rotation/tree features will work... or if maybe the house is supposed to just be separated horizontally. Perhaps someone with more brain cells than myself could explain their hypothesis... Either way I am excited for the set

7 hours ago, t_mafia said:

Set looks good IMO interested to see what other (if any sets come out to accompany it) would they be from season 1, 2, or current etc.? 

Still not really sure how the rotation/tree features will work... or if maybe the house is supposed to just be separated horizontally. Perhaps someone with more brain cells than myself could explain their hypothesis... Either way I am excited for the set

I think the trees work as "stands" and you simply turn the house around to put it either on the upper two trees or the lower two. I wonder how stable this will be in real play situations...

11 hours ago, Frank Brickowski said:

I think the trees work as "stands" and you simply turn the house around to put it either on the upper two trees or the lower two. I wonder how stable this will be in real play situations...

I was thinking the trees are stationary and the home rotates but the images are now gone, so we will have to wait until the official release.

Is this still scheduled for VIP release tomorrow? Might stop by the store to view it.

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I was thinking the trees are stationary and the home rotates but the images are now gone, so we will have to wait until the official release.

Is this still scheduled for VIP release tomorrow? Might stop by the store to view it.

The whole thing just flips.  If the home rotated on the trees, you would have "upside down" trees matched up with the "normal" version of the house..wouldn't make sense based on the source material.

1 hour ago, oneknightr said:

The way it flips over!!

Not knowing the source material at all, that's what boggles my mind.  I need to see it in person (or at least real build pics) to be able to wrap my head around it.  Very cool, nonetheless!

Edit to add:

No sooner did I say that, then LEGO posted this on their Instagram account:

• Like 9

Never seen the show.Although I am aware of. This is a pretty cool set but there's so many things to buy for a deal, I'll wait for a discount. Happy to see Lego trying some stuff like this,and overwatch and other more recent possible nostalgia themes.   I wonder if overwatch will ever go off 20% deal?  Not all will be winners.  Does stranger things somehow tie in with Ghostbusters? I've seen hints it may. 

3 minutes ago, MrToes16 said:

Am I the only one looking at this set and mostly thinking, "Ohhh, blue plant leaves"!

Ya the blue plant leaves and all those tree parts are nice on this set:)