Stranger Things 2019

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Does stranger things somehow tie in with Ghostbusters? I've seen hints it may. 

I am currently partially binging...I have only gotten to the episode in Season 2 when Winona's character is sewing a ghostbuster patch (presumeably for a Halloween costume). Not sure if there will be any additional sets for this source material....but would be cool to see the 4 kids don the gear ..would make a great minifigure pack..but I guess we can just swap heads and legs on the actual ghostbuster minfigures and keep the backpack and torso.

7 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

I was just about to ask if anyone was picking this up today. Did you go there with the intention to buy or did seeing it in person push you over the edge?

I am a fan of the show, but not a super fan, just enjoy it. The build has a lot of substance, even if the home is a repeat on the bottom. Eleven could be better/different outfit, but thats my only real gripe, the brick count in my mind makes it worth it. I also like cars and wanted the Blazer as well. 

Seeing it in person did drive me to buy. The box is about the size used for the Ferris Wheel. 

It will be interesting to see how this sells. I was the first to get it around Noon EST today at my store.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I am currently partially binging...I have only gotten to the episode in Season 2 when Winona's character is sewing a ghostbuster patch (presumeably for a Halloween costume). Not sure if there will be any additional sets for this source material....but would be cool to see the 4 kids don the gear ..would make a great minifigure pack..but I guess we can just swap heads and legs on the actual ghostbuster minfigures and keep the backpack and torso.

I liked Season 2 better than Season 1, but I'm also going to rewatch again before it starts back up.

4 hours ago, oneknightr said:

I don't know how I missed this the first time around but the front of the box has an upside down Lego logo on the bottom so you can see the Upside Down right side up if you will. 

The box art is STUNNING!

"they" are having all sorts of fun with this set...the upside down stuff...the 80s retro...

almost makes me think some new young blood are in charge

...or maybe someone figured out that the more weird stuff they can add, the less likely any "Errors" are pointed out

Edited by $20 on joe vs dan

Big fan of 80s nostalgia. I watched the first couple of episodes and just couldn’t get into it. My kids ran out of the room after the first couple minutes of s1/ep1 lol

Very cool looking set though. The commercial was pretty cool too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

Big fan of 80s nostalgia. I watched the first couple of episodes and just couldn’t get into it. My kids ran out of the room after the first couple minutes of s1/ep1 lol

It gets better, you should give it another shot.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

It gets better, you should give it another shot.

I concur with this. I wasn't a fan initially either, but the show does improve.

Also told myself "I'll wait for a good promo or at least double points to pick this set up." My patience lasted only as long as it took me to get off work and casually go see it in person at the store... whoops.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, BrickLegacy said:

Yeah, as others have said, stick with it.  I was pretty much hooked from Ep1 as I loved the 80s vibe to it.  I preferred S1 to S2 but they were both good.  I think the first season had way more intrigue because you really didn't know who/what the bad guy was.  Season 2 you know what they are dealing with to an extent so that uneasy feeling is gone for the most part.  Interested to see what S3 brings.  

The set itself is really cool, though the Eleven figure is a huge WTF? to me.  Everyone else is pretty recognizable.  

Guest TabbyBoy

Forgive my ignorance, but I never heard of Stranger Things until this thread appeared. I simply refuse to pay for premium TV channels and I've not seen this show advertised on any FreeView or FreeSat channel in the UK. However, it seems right up my street and I'd certainly like to watch it. My only gripe is that it may not be as well known due to having to pay to watch it. I'm not interested in going via KODI or other plugins. At first glance, the set looks great, albeit expensive until the big discounts begin to surface.

1 hour ago, Huskers1236 said:

Yeah, as others have said, stick with it.  I was pretty much hooked from Ep1 as I loved the 80s vibe to it.  I preferred S1 to S2 but they were both good.  I think the first season had way more intrigue because you really didn't know who/what the bad guy was.  Season 2 you know what they are dealing with to an extent so that uneasy feeling is gone for the most part.  Interested to see what S3 brings.  

The set itself is really cool, though the Eleven figure is a huge WTF? to me.  Everyone else is pretty recognizable.  

I really liked the relationships built with Eleven in season 2, so that's probably why I prefer it.

1 hour ago, TabbyBoy said:

Forgive my ignorance, but I never heard of Stranger Things until this thread appeared. I simply refuse to pay for premium TV channels and I've not seen this show advertised on any FreeView or FreeSat channel in the UK. However, it seems right up my street and I'd certainly like to watch it. My only gripe is that it may not be as well known due to having to pay to watch it. I'm not interested in going via KODI or other plugins. At first glance, the set looks great, albeit expensive until the big discounts begin to surface.

Stranger Things is pretty big. Third season comes out this year. They have a retail presence in every Target in the area, and most people I know tune in to the seasons as they drop.

Is Netflix not that big in the UK? Netflix is almost standard over here...I'm personally getting a little tired of a lot of what they're offerring, but I'd say the majority of people I know have and use Netflix.

2 hours ago, thegraverobber said:

Stranger Things is pretty big. Third season comes out this year. They have a retail presence in every Target in the area, and most people I know tune in to the seasons as they drop.

Is Netflix not that big in the UK? Netflix is almost standard over here...I'm personally getting a little tired of a lot of what they're offerring, but I'd say the majority of people I know have and use Netflix.

Netflix is massive in the UK and Stranger Things the same, especially amongst those of us who grow up in the 80s.

This set is a must for me. Love it.

6 hours ago, BrickLegacy said:

I haven't had the chance to start the show yet.  But I guess my wife and kids attempted it the other day.  My kids had the same reaction as yours, lol.

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

I haven't had the chance to start the show yet.  But I guess my wife and kids attempted it the other day.  My kids had the same reaction as yours, lol.

I think what's causing the..."run from the room" reaction is exactly the show's selling point...its a time warp to 1983...taking parts from Goonies, E.T. and Stand by Me w/ a Nightmare on Elm Street kicker...once you get past the nostalgia factor (a time before internet & cell phones) it's getting to know the main characters and how they develop. After a few episodes the standard plot formula becomes obvious, but it's all good cheesy fun.

• Like 3