10266 - NASA Apollo 11 Lunar Lander

CrabslayerT

Mine arrived today and it included an extra patch somehow.  Reminded me of that Monopoly card "Bank error in your favor".  The lunar lander and rocket ride appear to be mint; no dents, bends, scratches, nothing.  I might have to order another.  One to keep, one to build.

20190606_181237.jpg

• Like 2

Soooo. Not to be a party pooper but... Am I the only one who thinks 1087 pieces (especially not large pieces) for $99.99 is expensive?? I take that back REALLY expensive!!!!

Also the final model WITH "moon base" is TINY.. 7.5" tall and 7.5" wide to be exact.. FOR $99.99.

What happened here LEGO ? This set should have retailed for $79.99. ??‍♂️

59 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Soooo. Not to be a party pooper but... Am I the only one who thinks 1087 pieces (especially not large pieces) for $99.99 is expensive?? I take that back REALLY expensive!!!!

Also the final model WITH "moon base" is TINY.. 7.5" tall and 7.5" wide to be exact.. FOR $99.99.

Riding the popularity of the Saturn V, hoping owners want to pair this with it badly enough that they consider it a must-have and pay the premium.  In the designer video, they make no attempt at hiding their surprise regarding the performance of Saturn V, I'm not surprised they want to test the waters for the dollars.

1 hour ago, Martae54 said:

creator pirate roller coaster has 110 fewer pieces and costs $10 less.

fallingwater only 814 pieces almost all beige and no minfigures - - $99.99.  same msrp as this.  

minecraft ocean monument -1118 pieces - msrp $119.  only 31 more pieces than this set with an msrp $20   higher.

10266 doesn't seem particularly expensive to me and is squarely aimed at adult buyers.

Edited by cladner
  • Like 4

creator pirate roller coaster has 110 fewer pieces and costs $10 less.
fallingwater only 814 pieces almost all beige and no minfigures - - $99.99.  same msrp as this.  
minecraft ocean monument -1118 pieces - msrp $119.  only 31 more pieces than this set with an msrp $20   higher.
 10266 doesn't seem particularly expensive to me and is squarely aimed at adult buyers.

All 3 PERFECT examples of my point!!

Coaster is and has been $71.99 it's entire life. For 110 fewer but WAY bigger pieces. With a massive footprint compared to 10266. Oh and it builds 3 models. With NO stickers. No comparison here as to which I would rather have, especially for $30 less.

Ocean Monument was constructed with almost all of the rarest color Lego makes, and was mostly nice size bricks. With a "monumental" footprint it absolutely dwarfs the Luny Lander!!! Also it was 20% -30% off pretty much its entire run.

Lastly Fallingwater should NOT be compared since as it has a super nice box AND book. BUT it too has a bigger footprint and a much more substantial final product than 10266. It too was also constantly on sale for 20% off.

55 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

All 3 PERFECT examples of my point!!

Coaster is and has been $71.99 it's entire life. For 110 fewer but WAY bigger pieces. With a massive footprint compared to 10266. Oh and it builds 3 models. With NO stickers. No comparison here as to which I would rather have, especially for $30 less.

Ocean Monument was constructed with almost all of the rarest color Lego makes, and was mostly nice size bricks. With a "monumental" footprint it absolutely dwarfs the Luny Lander!!! Also it was 20% -30% off pretty much its entire run.

Lastly Fallingwater should NOT be compared since as it has a super nice box AND book. BUT it too has a bigger footprint and a much more substantial final product than 10266. It too was also constantly on sale for 20% off.

Honestly on this set the price didn't matter.  I'm a huge space nut and this set was a must have.  They probably could have gotten away with charging $20 more and I still would have bit with no issue.  As mentioned earlier this set is squarely aimed at adult buyers and it will look fantastic sitting on my office shelf once its put together.

Should be able to triple dip soon...

"LEGO has revealed the second LEGO Marvel Super Heroes promotional art print that will be available with purchases.  This is the second of three LEGO Marvel art prints that you’ll be able to get with the first one being from Captain Marvel from a few months ago. June 10-16 with purchases of $35 or more in LEGO Marvel products, while supplies last."

48021283728_c121c9dc07.jpg

Edited by KvHulk

Should be able to triple dip soon...

"LEGO has revealed the second LEGO Marvel Super Heroes promotional art print that will be available with purchases.  This is the second of three LEGO Marvel art prints that you’ll be able to get with the first one being from Captain Marvel from a few months ago. June 10-16 with purchases of $35 or more in LEGO Marvel products, while supplies last."
48021283728_c121c9dc07.thumb.jpg.35250e820f1fd925cca7eaf81ad2005b.jpg
Patch promo is only supposed to run from 1-9 June

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

10 hours ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

pretty sure S(A)H did a splash down test on all their landers prior to ship because I was 0 for 2 as well.

Same. Makes me so mad. Weak box, which is too big for a single set so they pack it with bubble pack. Any pressure on the box and it's going to crush the insides. People buying a single set must be a regular occurrence, I can't figure out why they seem to only have like two box sizes. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

This has been temp. out of stock on LEGO Shop at Home for a little while now.  Probably just Christmas demand.  Was hoping to get another one so I have one to keep, one to build.  Would be nice to get that mini gingerbread out this way.  Lot of good sets to get that mini gingerbread house out of stock (including the big gingerbread house...).