Jump to content

Ideas #028?: xxxxx - Dinosaur Fossils Skeletons - Natural History Collection

Recommended Posts

I think it's pretty cool.  Obvious wanted the piano...but that decision has been deferred.

I really hope LEGO explores the biological world more...this set is another nice forray into that realm while still leveraging global interest in dinos...but why no T-rex?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

I think it's pretty cool.  Obvious wanted the piano...but that decision has been deferred.

I really hope LEGO explores the biological world more...this set is another nice forray into that realm while still leveraging global interest in dinos...but why no T-rex?

Have any previous projects been deferred? Would it make it more of a chance to be successful if so? I think its pretty cool, but Im not a huge piano fan, but would buy because of the novelty/playability.

I think the Skeletons are a good choice, probably along the lines of the Birds trio in terms of target audience. I must say that I hope they keep the scale of these. There is a good chance Lego might only include 3 skeletons of the four and overall or update the build in a bad way (like the Flintstones set). 

Don't forget, they did make a similarly styled T-Rex in the Research Institute, even though it was much smaller.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Have any previous projects been deferred? Would it make it more of a chance to be successful if so? I think its pretty cool, but Im not a huge piano fan, but would buy because of the novelty/playability.

I think the Skeletons are a good choice, probably along the lines of the Birds trio in terms of target audience. I must say that I hope they keep the scale of these. There is a good chance Lego might only include 3 skeletons of the four and overall or update the build in a bad way (like the Flintstones set). 

Don't forget, they did make a similarly styled T-Rex in the Research Institute, even though it was much smaller.

no offense to the ornithology enthusiasts, but I expect the audience that loves dinos are waaay more savvy...and much more inclusive of kids...this set is apples and oranges to the Birds set; but still a bit niche-y. I think LEgo is doing great by broadening their "real science" offerings...bringing in nonLEGO fan enthusiasts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

no offense to the ornithology enthusiasts, but I expect the audience that loves dinos are waaay more savvy...and much more inclusive of kids...this set is apples and oranges to the Birds set; but still a bit niche-y. I think LEgo is doing great by broadening their "real science" offerings...bringing in nonLEGO fan enthusiasts.

But, I thought Birds ARE Dinosaurs?!?!? 😉

Maybe they're saving the T-Rex for the Proposed Jurassic Park set...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Have any previous projects been deferred? Would it make it more of a chance to be successful if so? I think its pretty cool, but Im not a huge piano fan, but would buy because of the novelty/playability.

If memory serves, Voltron was initially deferred.  Obviously, it was eventually approved.  I want to say there was also maybe a jet/plane of some sort that got extended to another review, but ultimately went nowhere.  Not sure about that...it's been some years.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

Have any previous projects been deferred? Would it make it more of a chance to be successful if so? I think its pretty cool, but Im not a huge piano fan, but would buy because of the novelty/playability.

 

21 hours ago, Dr Jedi said:

If memory serves, Voltron was initially deferred.  Obviously, it was eventually approved.  I want to say there was also maybe a jet/plane of some sort that got extended to another review, but ultimately went nowhere.  Not sure about that...it's been some years.

@Dr Jedi is correct.  There was a plane a couple years ago that went to an extended review, but was ultimately turned down.  Voltron was deferred after it's first review; most likely due to hammering out the licensing rights (since they are a little more complicated).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...