Ideas #027: 21319 - Friends Central Perk

2 hours ago, joneyyy1981 said:

why not just get them from the uk and ship it over?

I've looked at a few places and haven't found anywhere that will ship them here. I have some friends in the UK that I could work through, but I feel like by the time that happens, they will be resupplied on SaH.  The UK website is allowing backorders that will ship in October.

1 hour ago, skinsfan0521 said:

I've looked at a few places and haven't found anywhere that will ship them here. I have some friends in the UK that I could work through, but I feel like by the time that happens, they will be resupplied on SaH.  The UK website is allowing backorders that will ship in October.

the demand is strong with this one ranked #411 under building sets 3p only  which tells u people are actually buying this in volume at inflated price.  i think any restockings will be short lived and devoured by bp'ers in search of ez quick returns.  the size of this set is enough that i can't see it being easily cranked out en masse and i think the only risk to trying to flip is the post-holiday period when it comes back in to retailers and people try and return one they get at msrp for  the overpriced one they got before holidays to give as a gift .  not much u can do about that.  no guts no glory.  just keep the receipts. ? 

1 minute ago, cladner said:

the demand is strong with this one ranked #411 under building sets 3p only  which tells u people are actually buying this in volume at inflated price.  i think any restockings will be short lived and devoured by bp'ers in search of ez quick returns.  the size of this set is enough that i can't see it being easily cranked out en masse and i think the only risk to trying to flip is the post-holiday period when it comes back in to retailers and people try and return one they get at msrp for  the overpriced one they got before holidays to give as a gift .  not much u can do about that.  no guts no glory.  just keep the receipts. ? 

Keeping the receipts works if I'm buying here in the US. I'm not sure about buying in the UK, having my friends ship to me only to ship back to them and have them return them. haha

That doesn't mean that I'm not going to try to get some. Just means that I may get stuck with them rather than returning them!

• 2 weeks later...
29 minutes ago, oneknightr said:

Was at Legoland last week. Saw a bunch here but limit 2. I didn't buy any. I'm guessing that's a sign that I'm done being a QFLL. Saw a bunch of Brickheadz Lady Liberty there as well (no limit). Didn't buy them either. 

Lady.jpg

I assumed Lady Liberty would hit there with a vengeance.

If any one is interested, I am happy to ship mine to the US for 150 $ including shipping. Box is in excellent condition. Happy to provide proof of ownership and will provide pictures along packing and packed box for confirmation. Set has been bought at LEGO Store Germany.

If interest is bigger, I am happy to check if there are more available for shipping.

Payment would be via Wester Union.

20190902_153144.jpg

4 hours ago, Patrick_BLN said:

If any one is interested, I am happy to ship mine to the US for 150 $ including shipping. Box is in excellent condition. Happy to provide proof of ownership and will provide pictures along packing and packed box for confirmation. Set has been bought at LEGO Store Germany.

If interest is bigger, I am happy to check if there are more available for shipping.

20190902_153144.jpg

Thanks but I’ll wait till Amazon have it for $55.99, maybe 6 months away but it’ll happen. The only ideas set I bought at full price was Apollo 11.

This will end up so overbought. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

Thanks but I’ll wait till Amazon have it for $55.99, maybe 6 months away but it’ll happen. The only ideas set I bought at full price was Apollo 11.

As will I.

It will DeLorean. Which means it will still be a great investment to hold and forget for a couple years, even if the QFLL returns fizzle in the near term.

Better off for OP to post on eBay with international shipping.

22 minutes ago, Al Legorical said:

I’m guessing it might pop up on Amazon late November or early December. I’m sure there is a semi full that has “more on the way” just in time for the holidays. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, Patrick_BLN said:

Western Union... I used to get asked for that payment method all the time. Now they ask for gift cards.

asd.thumb.jpg.7550670845a269cba1719cdbbdede073.jpg

Edited by brickvoyeur
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

I understand the concerns, but please stick with the facts:

- I only offered a single set, not loads. If you want to pull people off, either do it big or not at all. But defo' not for only 150 US Dollar. I just registered here and do not want to get kicked out right away. This forum seems to be a nice place for good advice and business, so I would like to stick around a bit.

- I have offered to provide any evidence of ownership, packing, and shipping

- My experience from previous sales to the states was that many people are not familiar how to transfer money to Europe via their standard bank (We have IBAN and BIC in Europe). If the buyer is familar, happy to do it that way.

- If it raises confidence, happy to put the set up on ebay and allow for purchase there, but payment would still be Western Union

- I have to provide my ID to the buyer before payment and pick the money up with my ID and hence, not anonymous

Last but not least, if I would try to rip anyone off, I would have asked for gift cards, like a modern internet criminal :P

I only saw the offer for 300 US$, as there seems to be a shortage of the set in the US and wanted to offer it, because I am familiar with shipping to the US

23 minutes ago, TANV said:

Hmm. It's already a race to the bottom on eBay.  Not a surprise there.

? limit 2  and double points. That works. Guess I’ll see what all the fuss is about... Apparently it’s a decent parts set, if nothing else.

now speculation, anyone think we might be in for a series of “sit coms” ? Seinfeld next?

thatll help the first one ?