Ideas #027: 21319 - Friends Central Perk

19 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

Hands down the most hoarded set in history?

yay; nay?

Not even close....Pet Shop, Death Star #10188, London Bridge, etc.....Just to name a few.......If it hasn't already been done one of the mods should set up a poll and we could vote on it....Be interesting to see who's the biggest winner (Or maybe the biggest loser)

Just now, Bricklectic said:

hoarded or not, its off to a decent start.......

I agree....I've got a bunch stashed away myself....Got around $40 or so in them.....I remember all too well the Big Bang Theory set....Picking those up for cheap at TRU and wishing i bought more.....Had to hold a little longer than expected to but it was well worth it

Plan on buying the other set next year once it starts getting discounted a bit more (Hopefully!).....Putting those 2 together will make for a nice profit

1 minute ago, marcandre said:

The BTTF 21103 cuusoo was mega hoarded and would not retire at a time when sets had shorter lifespans. It still did great. 

I suspect Seinfeld may be getting overlooked as people continue to load up on Friends. 

hope so. i always thought seinfeld was better than friends (tv wise) and loaded up on seinfeld bigly. 

Recently Ive been learning that Friends is wayyy more popular than seinfeld. but like you said , i think it is less hoarded.

2 minutes ago, marcandre said:

The BTTF 21103 cuusoo was mega hoarded and would not retire at a time when sets had shorter lifespans. It still did great. 

I suspect Seinfeld may be getting overlooked as people continue to load up on Friends. 

I remember the original BTTF set........One of my best investments in lego i've ever made......Haven't bought a single set of the new version yet and i can only imagine how heavily hoarded it is and who knows when it will retire.....Same with the Ecto-1 Ghostbusters

And in my opinion seinfeld is definitely getting overlooked.......One of the greatest tv shows ever made hands down.......Easy winner!

6 minutes ago, Bricklectic said:

hope so. i always thought seinfeld was better than friends (tv wise) and loaded up on seinfeld bigly. 

Recently Ive been learning that Friends is wayyy more popular than seinfeld. but like you said , i think it is less hoarded.

Seinfeld was much better than friends, but I think the friends viewers, which out number Seinfeld, are more into lego and make Central Perk the better choice. 

• 10 months later...

These Sitcom sets...I still think the jury is out to some extent on their longterm (for those hoping for the x3+rrp appreciation). Big Bang Theory is sniffing this.

I just checked recent solds on Ebay and Central Perk is closing in on x2 (if you got it for perma sale price)...that ain't bad, especially know how much its been hoarded. If it continues to rise it will trigger additional waves of Hoarded releases so I see a ton of head winds for this set.

I think after a few years...if these sets start really climbing...the apartment version of the MFs will be much more valuable since they come from a more expensive set (common for Lego MF price appreciation).

For me personally I love the shows.  Friends especially (started watching in college so gets me in the feels).  I am hoping to build my Sitcom Tower someday...should be a super cool project..so I need to make sure I get all of them.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Bricklectic said:

I just also sold a few dozen this week. This one will hit 200 in couple years, its just insanely popular. since my nuyin was 40 tho i couldnt resist taking profit. Dittos to seinfeld, will hit 200 next year

there are a lot of reasons why these popular shows may get viral again.  The sad passing of Chandler ignited a ton of interest...that's morbid but is the reality of collectibles.

Also I would wager there will be modernized reboots (Look at Harry potter).

Big Bang (1st of these) hit $170-ish and will likely continue to outpace the price of the others.

Even non-LEGO fans like just getting the MFs of their favorite characters...I think The traditional 4 year anniversary gift will become LEGO

• Like 1

Wow, I'm glad to see this is doing well. I went through my warehouse in October figuring out what was going in this year for sale. I remember looking at the price and number of sellers and thinking ughhh... I never really understood friends but the volume doesn't lie. Should be a great price going into next year.