Ideas Promo - 40335 - Space Rocket Ride

exciter1

36 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

great set concept...and anyone can substitute a horse or dragon or car and still retain the movement features in a MOC 

Will be easy to do.  Just put a Technic connection on the bottom of whatever you want to stick on this, and then stick it in the Technic connector.

You can motorize this very easily, as well.

• Like 1

LEGO LEGO Shop at Home now says $99 purchase to get this free.

Space Ride Rocket (item 40335) offer is valid on shop.LEGO.com and at LEGO Store. Offer valid from 06/05/19 through 11:59pm EST, 06/18/19 or while supplies last only. Qualifying purchase must be equal to or greater than $99 / $1800 (MX) in merchandise only; any applicable taxes, shipping charges, or value of gift cards purchased do not apply to merchandise total. Offer excludes Bricks & Pieces and backorder items. Cannot be applied to previous purchases or combined with any other discount, offer or free gift. One free set per household. Item is valued at approximately a $12.99 (US) / $16.99 (CA) retail value and cannot be exchanged or substituted for any other item or cash value. Item is available exclusively through this offer; additional sets cannot be purchased. Offers not valid at LEGOLAND® Parks or LEGOLAND Discovery Centers. The LEGO Group reserves the right to cancel or modify these promotions at any time without advance notice.

• Like 1

Any thoughts on this as investment potential? $99 seems kinda high, but also depends on the ceiling for this promo. I like the ideas logo. There could be a need for a completionist to get this later on.

Take a ride back in time with this LEGO® Ideas Moment in Space competition winner—the retro-themed Space Rocket Ride. Place a coin element in the slot and turn the sprocket to operate the ride. Includes a minifigure.

Capture.PNG

I have a gut feeling this promo runs deep in numbers. Day one purchasing of anything goes against my instincts of resale. ZILCHONY on sale at SaH.  A few small gems is it.  There are some real winners right now on the market but EOL is long away.   Lunar Lander with the free patch too though has to be the choice.  For some reason I feel it will last until promo day?

1 hour ago, Frank Brickowski said:

Is there any info about other upcoming GWP till the end of 2019? I miss the times when there was this unofficial GWP list (2016?) or news about some promos months before they went live (Diagon Alley GWP in 2018), so you were able to plan accordingly.

If I remember correctly, they are doing away with the Lego Shop Home Calendar that was usually the indicator of the next GWP.  I guess we have to rely on leaked info to try and predict TLG's next move.

Edited by BricksBrotha
typo

• Alpinemaps changed the title to Ideas Promo - 40335 - Space Rocket Ride