75936 - Jurassic Park: T. rex Rampage

Val-E

I have no idea... First the sign Jurassic Park is totally off given the running (actual) theme which is Jurassic World.. also the visual image is so POOR I can not belive that TLG would settlle on that.

Sounds like you haven’t seen the movie... Jurassic Park. If you did, you’d have an idea as to what this set is about. I’m just gonna say, This set closes a gap.
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

t_rex.jpg

Technically you are correct, yet the Raptors in Jurassic World and Indominus Rex  both have slit eyes, which is probably a continuity issues. or maybe it sort of makes sense because these aren't actually dinosaurs but chimera built from a number of species. (Sips coffee). Well, they aren't even chimera, but CGI created ideas of what we think dinosaurs . . . err . . . chimera look . . . like. (steps outside and shuts off computer for a while. 

2 hours ago, exciter1 said:

IMG_5677.JPG

Yknow..since coming out of my cave...the one thing I never got was how big of a deal Minifigures were...

In terms of nostalgia...I have been all about the set builds cuz I don;t remember ever caring much about the MFs...and lets be honest...back then there wasn't much to care about.

But as I I became more AFOL and less nostalgic...I have come to appreciate what MF mean to LEGO and collectors....this series of MFs are a perfect example...so much subtle and over the top pop culture references and personal memories rolled up into one MF. I realize now that set builds will come and go, but dang it if the MFs are not what really defines a set or time period. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Saruman said:

download.thumb.jpg.817e7047daf6398d03ec3a346a13652b.jpg Ummm, what is this supposed to be!?!?!?!?!?!

HAha, saw that picture too and wondered who hacked the site on Shop at Home.  The figures are amazing, will be buying those.  I just have a really hard time dropping $250 for a large dino and gate.  If this had been the visitor center or something a bit more iconic, we may have been onto something.  This is a cool set, just not spending this kind of money on it.

• Like 1

The size and scale makes the price somewhat patable though I would not consider buying it unless discounted down to $199.

I think the gate is perfect backdrop for something like this...the visitor's center mentioned by others would have been too big...think Hogwart's castle or Rollercoaster footprint which would have put the price at $500+ and at that point, not about the Dino as the focus.  A jeep and the two kids MFs (to showcase the iconic scene where the WORLD first saw THE T-Rex in all her CG glory....those additions would have made for a more complete set.

22 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The size and scale makes the price somewhat patable though I would not consider buying it unless discounted down to $199.

I think the gate is perfect backdrop for something like this...the visitor's center mentioned by others would have been too big...think Hogwart's castle or Rollercoaster footprint which would have put the price at $500+ and at that point, not about the Dino as the focus.  A jeep and the two kids MFs (to showcase the iconic scene where the WORLD first saw THE T-Rex in all her CG glory....those additions would have made for a more complete set.

Well, to your earlier point, the scale probably made the idea of adding an Explorer a non-starter.  The T-Rex is closer to a brachiosaurus while the gate is 2x larger than the source material.  They would dwarf a properly designed Explorer suitable for MFs.

I personally think the dino looks 8008 technic stormtrooper ridiculous.  I'd rather they just make 8 extra large molds needed to construct a real looking dino and use the other 3,112 parts to recreate something more interesting.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, pharmjod said:

You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but what are you talking about? The dinosaur is a well designed model. Comparing it to that technic set is ridiculous.

Sent from my PH-1 using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

I'm not sure what you want me to say.  I think it looks more like something from the 'Land Before Prime' with its odd shaped head and bionic legs v. any T-Rex I remember seeing in the feature film.

• Like 1

Well, to your earlier point, the scale probably made the idea of adding an Explorer a non-starter.  The T-Rex is closer to a brachiosaurus while the gate is 2x larger than the source material.  They would dwarf a properly designed Explorer suitable for MFs.
I personally think the dino looks 8008 technic stormtrooper ridiculous.  I'd rather they just make 8 extra large molds needed to construct a real looking dino and use the other 3,112 parts to recreate something more interesting.

The scale of the Rex is more akin to Godzilla than any dinosaur. Seriously mismatched with mini figures that are included.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum