Jump to content

San Diego Comic Con 2019

Recommended Posts

We are within 1 month of San Diego Comic Con 2019.  Time to start a thread to talk about anything/everything regarding the show.

I will be in attendance once again, and, wife willing, attending all 4 days plus preview night this year (3 of which I'll have my kids in tow).

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ready to enjoy the thrills of grumpy collectors and camping out for rare footage (that gets released 2 minutes after). I CAN'T WAIT!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

I’ll write up and post articles when it’s all done. Lots of cool stuff seen already. Too hard to post from mobile.

i will take one of everything. thanks 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

Do we think any of these Lego exclusives will be available later.  I'm thinking we may see the Sith Trooper Bust later but any others?

I don't think so, SDCC is pretty strict on their exclusivity I believe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/20/2019 at 3:02 PM, superlegolover said:

Having fun!

I am not able to make it this year but I am a sucker for those sdcc limited sets, so I guess ebay is where I am going... 

 

5 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

E-bay prices are already terrifying.

  Even a re-seller scum/ collector like me Is left shaking my head at the start off prices on these sets.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

E-bay prices are already terrifying.

they are confirming my trip to SDCC20! 

I wanted to go this year but tickets were already sold out.... I had no idea the hoops to jump through to even attended these events!! im in for the experience too so it will be super cool if some of the exclusives pay for part of the trip 🤞🏻

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Belac said:

 

  Even a re-seller scum/ collector like me Is left shaking my head at the start off prices on these sets.

gonna watch for awhile, no rush buying right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They often sell the extra exclusives on Sunday (the ones that people don’t pick up Thursday - Sunday). I’ll try and get some and maybe have some for people here.

Captain marvel is a solid set and I think retains the highest value with two exclusive figs, so I doubt any of those are around Sunday and I don’t think eBay prices go that much lower.

I think the red storm trooper set (Friday) will be just like last year’s Falcon cockpit... there were A LOT of unclaimed ones on Sunday and something tells me this will happen again with the red stormtrooper. I also think these prices drop in months to come.

Batman is the wildcard. 🤷🏼‍♂️


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I don't think so, SDCC is pretty strict on their exclusivity I believe.

Plus, I think convention exclusives were explicitly called out in their announcement as not being part of their new policy of delayed worldwide distribution.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, scatttcat said:

They often sell the extra exclusives on Sunday (the ones that people don’t pick up Thursday - Sunday). I’ll try and get some and maybe have some for people here.

Captain marvel is a solid set and I think retains the highest value with two exclusive figs, so I doubt any of those are around Sunday and I don’t think eBay prices go that much lower.

I think the red storm trooper set (Friday) will be just like last year’s Falcon cockpit... there were A LOT of unclaimed ones on Sunday and something tells me this will happen again with the red stormtrooper. I also think these prices drop in months to come.

Batman is the wildcard. 🤷🏼‍♂️


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

What do you think about Stranger Things Barb minifigure?  I've at least noticed eBay pre-sale prices drop from $350 a couple days ago to $289 this morning.  That's still outrageous, I might pay $100 for my wife to get one.  I'll be watching the drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

What do you think about Stranger Things Barb minifigure?  I've at least noticed eBay pre-sale prices drop from $350 a couple days ago to $289 this morning.  That's still outrageous, I might pay $100 for my wife to get one.  I'll be watching the drop.

I doubt it gets down to $100, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it bounce at $150 for some desperate sellers. Even Apocalypse Unikitty from 2018 has stayed north of $100, so I can't see Barb going lower than that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What do you think about Stranger Things Barb minifigure?  I've at least noticed eBay pre-sale prices drop from $350 a couple days ago to $289 this morning.  That's still outrageous, I might pay $100 for my wife to get one.  I'll be watching the drop.


I’m in line for Barb as we speak haha. Personally I actually think she stays higher. Obscure character.

Spidey dipped to $200 yesterday, lowest I saw. I think Barb for $150 would be a good buy, personally I see it hovering at $200




Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scatttcat said:


I’m in line for Barb as we speak haha. Personally I actually think she stays higher. Obscure character.

Spidey dipped to $200 yesterday, lowest I saw. I think Barb for $150 would be a good buy, personally I see it hovering at $200
 

How long do you usually have to wait for the drawing?  Do they cap the line?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
What do you think about Stranger Things Barb minifigure?  I've at least noticed eBay pre-sale prices drop from $350 a couple days ago to $289 this morning.  That's still outrageous, I might pay $100 for my wife to get one.  I'll be watching the drop.



That’s an insane price to pay for an extra from a sci fi series. It’d be like ponying up for a Red Shirt from Star Trek.

I guess the whole JusticeForBarb meme played well.


Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, scatttcat said:

I’ll try and get some and maybe have some for people here.

Sooo Is this the line for Barb:) 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Belac said:

Sooo Is this the line for Barb:) 

Umm...  yes, I would like to officially be first in this virtual line.  If a fellow Brickpicker gets extra and is willing to work on a price PM me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, MusiKyle said:

JUST crossed the $200 barrier.... by a penny.  "Or best offer" so opportunity.  I'm still waiting.

I'd wait too. Prices bottomed out on Spidey at around 9-12 ET last night. Might be able to snag one for $150 yet. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...