10269 - Harley Davidson

warezz

HD internal communication

Tomorrow, The LEGO Group will reveal its latest LEGO® Creator Expert model – a Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® that will hit global LEGO stores on Aug. 1, 2019.

Harley-Davidson has teamed up with The LEGO Group to create a detailed LEGO interpretation of the Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy®.

Although significantly smaller than the real-life model, the LEGO version captures the beauty of the real-life machine with finishes, surfaces and design elements crafted to replicate the full-size bike. The model consists of 1,023 pieces and comes complete with solid-disc wheels, teardrop fuel tank, integrated speedometer and dual exhaust pipes.

The finished model measures over 7 inches high, 7 inches wide and 12 inches long and features several moveable parts for owners to engage. Spin the rear tire to see the Milwaukee-Eight® engine with moving pistons and dual exhaust pipes, spring to life. Turn the handlebar, move the gear shift and brake levers, and flip down the motorcycle’s kickstand for easy parking.

The model is finished with an authentic dark red and black color scheme with H-D logos on each side and it’s a perfect display centerpiece for any home, office or anywhere to channel the inspiration to ride.

To celebrate the launch, LEGO Master Builders created a life-size model of the motorcycle, complete with silver coated parts, Wi-Fi animation control, sound and light effects to imitate a real Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® and 6000 special LEGO elements. The extraordinary creation took 865 hours to build, is made of 69,569 pieces and will be on display for fans at select LEGO stores and H-D events.

The LEGO Creator Expert Harley-Davidson® Fat Boy® model will be available directly from LEGO stores and shop.LEGO.com exclusively for VIP members beginning July 17, 2019, with general public availability beginning August 1.

• Like 3

I think the only real thing I am bummed about is that there still doesn't appear to be any working suspension components. Maybe for the rear...and maybe because its "Creator" it doesn't get them as would the Technic series. Regardless, at that size, it stays true to the BMW scale for the most part so it will look good with my collection.

Edited by CosmicSpeed
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, CosmicSpeed said:

I cannot wait to put a Scout Trooper buildable figure on this. However, a Tie Pilot might look more badass.

The Lego Store at Concord Mills is closed this week for a refresh, I'll be there to get this on the 17th for sure.

I am gonna square away all my ugly looking bbf and pair them with this handsome motorcycle on ebay later on

after looking at this more and more, its a shame there is so much light bley.  I understand tlg stance on chrome, but at least the metallic silver would have been an improvement.  Also, just cant look away from the barrels in the suspension.  Should be shiny and smooth and theres lots of texture.  Pretty nit picky of me i know, but think I will pass on this!

49 minutes ago, BricksBrotha said:

after looking at this more and more, its a shame there is so much light bley.  I understand tlg stance on chrome, but at least the metallic silver would have been an improvement.  Also, just cant look away from the barrels in the suspension.  Should be shiny and smooth and theres lots of texture.  Pretty nit picky of me i know, but think I will pass on this!

My God...the more you look the more you see.

BARREL EXHAUST!

1 hour ago, CosmicSpeed said:

My God...the more you look the more you see.

BARREL EXHAUST!

Hahah the Barrel Special.  I can certainly see the appeal for this set and was personally excited to see what TLG came up with. I give it a 7.5/10 bricks.  Mustang was easily 9.5-10, for me anyways.

3 hours ago, BricksBrotha said:

Hahah the Barrel Special.  I can certainly see the appeal for this set and was personally excited to see what TLG came up with. I give it a 7.5/10 bricks.  Mustang was easily 9.5-10, for me anyways.

yeah...unlike the Mustang...the more I see this one...the less I like it...still a great set by most measures...but I'm down-grading from must buy VIP to hold out for 20% off....unless a cool GWP  

On 7/10/2019 at 3:15 AM, Val-E said:

There is going to be a very nice promo with this set. Ching ching.

image.thumb.png.6593e83b1618f3e5ce2bb2a0965fc812.png

That bike is hideous, the harley decal maybe the only thing of value here. Unless of course you get excited about flat tiles...

Also, all harleys are belt driven, to the point they are well known for belt drive in the motorcylce industry.  So that chain isnt very accurate.  Too many misses here.   

All in all, great idea, average product.

Edited by BricksBrotha