Need Help Pricing Giant Lego Collection

Hi Everyone!!

I am new to this site and was hoping someone could tell me how i would start to price a massive lego collection! I have about 300-400 lbs of legos. Most of them are sets, like all the Star Wars and action figure ones. I am pretty sure all the manuals are there too. Could any recommend how I would go about trying to price and sell them? Thank you very much for your help!

~Katie

43 minutes ago, katievanzandt said:

Hi Everyone!!

I am new to this site and was hoping someone could tell me how i would start to price a massive lego collection! I have about 300-400 lbs of legos. Most of them are sets, like all the Star Wars and action figure ones. I am pretty sure all the manuals are there too. Could any recommend how I would go about trying to price and sell them? Thank you very much for your help!

~Katie

There is a feature on this website called a Brickfolio. You can add all the sets to your Brickfolio and it will give you the estimated value. It can also give the estimated value per set or per theme. 

1 hour ago, katievanzandt said:

Hi Everyone!!

~Katie

If you are near WI, I may be interested in making you an offer on the collection.  (do not expect top dollar as I primarily am a reseller, need to put that out there upfront)

It all varies on how you plan to sell your collection. To maximize profit, you can sell it by the piece (some parts could take years to sell though.) I’ve sorted hundred of lbs of bulk lego and it is very labor intensive. You can also sell it by set (again this is very labor intensive depending on how it is already sorted.) Lastly you can sell it all in one bulk sale (least labor intensive, and also least profitable) but a very good way to regain some capital if you’re in a rush and need it gone. Start by making a spreadsheet of what sets you have and go from there. 

sounds like a massive undertasking...my approach tends to be low hangin fruit style first:

take pics of everything...very easy to forget what you have.

Sets that are complete and already boxed...put them up on local sale sites (ie CL) and get them sold asap to return capital (you can always take down the ad if you want to go another way); use bricklink for pricing

then do the above suggestions