75964 - Harry Potter Advent Calendar (2019)

exciter1

I wonder how many Christians will be up in arms about Witchcraft and Advent?

Not that a Star Wars Advent calendar is any more or less blasphemous in my opinion, but SOME parts of Christianity has a real sore spot for Witchcraft.

Not trying to stir the pot, but from an investing perspective just wondering if something like that could yield a protest / publicity / a run on the product?

Drama can make a Christmas Toy spike

Edited by mudcatsfan

4 minutes ago, mudcatsfan said:

Not that a Star Wars Advent calendar is any more or less blasphemous in my opinion, but Christianity has a real sore spot for Witchcraft.

Not trying to stir the pot, but from an investing perspective just wondering if something like that could yield a protest / publicity / a run on the product?

I think most of the Harry Potter protests have disappeared. There are still people who are opposed to it, but the theme is about as main stream as you can get now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, spener90 said:

I think most of the Harry Potter protests have disappeared. There are still people who are opposed to it, but the theme is about as main stream as you can get now.

I would think you're right, but if there's one thing the interwebs have taught me is that a handful of angry people can seem like 5 Million angry people.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mudcatsfan said:

I would think you're right, but if there's one thing the interwebs have taught me is that a handful of angry people can seem like 5 Million angry people.

True, I'm not sure I would go scooping them up at retail in anticipation of said event though.

What I do see happening is that the HP advent calendar will be sold out by end October. I am definitely buying my copy at (close to) RRP in early September when these come on the shelf at major retailers. Hopefully WM or Target has them at 20% off - if not, I will use my BN membership to get at least 10% off my copy.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mudcatsfan said:

Not that a Star Wars Advent calendar is any more or less blasphemous in my opinion, but SOME parts of Christianity has a real sore spot for Witchcraft.

People with problems like this do really exist? OMFG