Well lego is good again has investement

Hi there,

i've been checking like sets in the days of avengers tower, first wave of jurassic world etc, in those days, and damn, those set have high resale value now.

They is less seller on bricklink or other platform, less people who invest and it's profitable. Better then it was, still some turd of course, but in general, a 2 years old is really great.

2015 sets have done better than older one, (post 2012 maybe).,...

There is some truth to what you’re saying. Buy and hold for 2+ years. You won’t lose money. Longer you hold, the greater the return. Just be wise about which set you choose to bury. People will know what SW is 2 years from now. But Nexo?

19 hours ago, donbee said:

There is some truth to what you’re saying. Buy and hold for 2+ years. You won’t lose money. Longer you hold, the greater the return. Just be wise about which set you choose to bury. People will know what SW is 2 years from now. But Nexo?

still, nexo at my toysrus was bogo with a 20-30% on top. And they are not that hoarded, i tough they would be because it was massively discounted. Some sets were cool in that line.

Anyway, many set i tough they were not that great on return are doing very well. With lego, you never know what you have in hand in some way.

I regret now selling some set at MSRP (paid 50% off or more)¨when i see how great they are doing now.   Like the big indominus rex that is like 400$ now. I had a

couple of them and I sold them for only 200$. If i could get has much sets has a want at 50%, i would quick sell, but it's not the case so. I will hold a lot more.

Edited by TargetZero

Lol At Nexo. They are generally turds, but were massively available for 50% off online and in-store on clearance. I've noticed prices ticking upwards on this awful line. I'm not sure why anyone really wants these, but most are selling for retail or more. Which means "win" for those who bought in cheap.

22 minutes ago, iahawks550 said:

Lol At Nexo. They are generally turds, but were massively available for 50% off online and in-store on clearance. I've noticed prices ticking upwards on this awful line. I'm not sure why anyone really wants these, but most are selling for retail or more. Which means "win" for those who bought in cheap.

Buying at depe discount has the disadvantage that you have low value compared to the storage size. They might go up a lot percentage wise, but they take up space of sets that might have increased more in terms of value per cubic meter. 

1 hour ago, Legojona said:

Buying at depe discount has the disadvantage that you have low value compared to the storage size. They might go up a lot percentage wise, but they take up space of sets that might have increased more in terms of value per cubic meter. 

If you are talking about Opportunity Costs, of course. But if you are referring simply to space, that only matters if storage space is an issue. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iahawks550 said:

If you are talking about Opportunity Costs, of course. But if you are referring simply to space, that only matters if storage space is an issue. 

I'm from one of the most densily populated countries in the world, so more of a deal here I suppose. Ever since my wife nicely suggested we had too much Lego in the house and I moved it to storage, I became more aware of the opportunity costs of size. 

I'm from one of the most densily populated countries in the world, so more of a deal here I suppose. Ever since my wife nicely suggested we had too much Lego in the house and I moved it to storage, I became more aware of the opportunity costs of size. 

My wife is constantly reminding me of the opportunity cost of size, too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2