Brickpickers in Southern and Central Wisconsin and N. Illinois

LegoAddict42

Per terry's request, here is the thread for folks in mostly the southern half of WI - Madison, Milwaukee, Beloit, Sheboygan - and Northern IL - Rockford, North Chicago - areas.  I know I'm always happy to share knowledge when I can.  This will be a great place to share the deals at our local WM, Meijer, Target, Kohl's, Best Buy, Michael's, Five Below, LEGO stores, etc. and where ever else LEGO are sold.

I'll start that the Best Buy on Mayfair has some Harry Potter minifigures left for $2.99 a piece. Disney ones are that price too but they didn't have any out on the floor.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for the invite.  Just being honest up front, I don't follow too many stores as the competition in my area is fierce and I simply don't have the time to track who is doing what other than Walmart stores as they are by far the easiest to gauge.  I usually read Reddit and this site on what is happening as people love internet points and can't hold in their secrets for more than 5 minutes.

Things will change in retirement :)

• Like 1

It’s a blast back in time to see UUK started a WI thread.  That is my son who is now off to college.  Guess what his only big set purchase was?  

Tower Bridge five years ago

That put him off for at least another 10 years,  but it still has the sticky note saying it is his in my store room.

If northern Illinois folks come up this way, Stoughton is an easy swing of the interstate and fun stop.  Let me know. 

The Stoughton Walmart is now empty.  They lowered their prices this morning.

belljohn, I've been up to and through Stoughton a few times in the past 3-4years and got a few good deals here and there - best trip was probably before the shiny new WM was built a couple years ago - often when we go up to Madison with the kids.  We will definitely stop by the chocolate shop next time we are through - we all have a sweet tooth.

Also, I swung by a couple of Meijer in Machesney Park and Waukesha and did not see great deals other than what has reported already - Outrider, Thor's weapon quest and the Droid Gunship are the things I saw up to 50% off.  Oh and maybe a SW battle pack or two.  

Thanks PlasticDude - I may swing by there on my way home today to pick up 1 or 2 more small things I've got my eye on.

Northern Illinois...?! We don’t want any Bear fans in here. Kidding of course. I have much respect for that franchise and their fans. Every Bear game at Lambeau is a blast and their fans are always fun and well behaved. Viking fans on the other hand are completely opposite. It’s weird what decades of losing will do to you.

Anywho...I frequent the 3 Walmart’s in GB. Outlying stores that are picked clean that I’ve been to are both stores in Appleton, Neenah, Oshkosh, Fond du Lac, Plymouth, Chilton, both stores in Sheboygan, Manitowoc, New London, and Shawano. I have yet to go to Sturgeon Bay or Marinette. If anyone heads that way please post to save others time and gas.

Thank you @foreman porgy for leaving me the falcons in Appleton yesterday. I’ll be sure to reciprocate in the future.

Anyone heading to Lambeau this year for a game let me know. My driveway is a short ten minute walk from the stadium lot. I’ve got plenty of space for free parking and cold beer.

• Like 5

Decades of losing I would think you said Lions - sorry terrymc4677 but I'm a transplanted Detroiter and lifelong Lions fan - I know...sad. But us Lions fans are not really rude or well-behaved we are just depressed and pessimisstic all the time.  So it is just fun to root for a team that has a chance to win each year like the Pack, Bears, or Vikes.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Foreman Porgy said:

I’ll give someone 24 hours to clear this out before I come back. The only catch is, you have to do your homework to find out where it is. 

D4E86699-72A5-4659-BD0B-5681D21FF5C6.jpeg

You really made me curious so I checked the ‘seek.  If it isn’t phantom, there is a crazy amount of dino out there in southern WI.  I don’t drive more than 30 miles for my deals, so have at it everyone.

2 hours ago, LegoAddict42 said:

belljohn, I've been up to and through Stoughton a few times in the past 3-4years and got a few good deals here and there - best trip was probably before the shiny new WM was built a couple years ago - often when we go up to Madison with the kids.  We will definitely stop by the chocolate shop next time we are through - we all have a sweet tooth.

Also, I swung by a couple of Meijer in Machesney Park and Waukesha and did not see great deals other than what has reported already - Outrider, Thor's weapon quest and the Droid Gunship are the things I saw up to 50% off.  Oh and maybe a SW battle pack or two.  

Thanks PlasticDude - I may swing by there on my way home today to pick up 1 or 2 more small things I've got my eye on.

Chocolate addict next.  Free samples.

339B54F4-1506-45B3-9A75-AF4D022E6E65.thumb.jpeg.dc608611367611a8c0fa3630aee63b1b.jpeg

6EE737D3-91AB-4B7C-A812-F35FA74CD171.thumb.jpeg.47b999b0546154d3b76ed0b7908a3c46.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Still couldn't figure out where this was but I've got my fill of everything shown there. So, with that, I'm out...

4 hours ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Still couldn't figure out where this was but I've got my fill of everything shown there. So, with that, I'm out...

This is smart. Have a number and stick to it. Wish I had that kind of willpower. I try to build up at least 18 copies of a set, but it all depends on the buy In price really..especially going into Q4. 

6 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Do you resell the whole box or part them out? I've only dealt with entire boxes. I don't think I ant to get in a situation where I’m dealing with hundreds of containers.

I parted out 30 of those the last time Costco had them. Its not as bad as it sounds once you put the right systems in place.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Brystheguy said:

Do you resell the whole box or part them out? I've only dealt with entire boxes. I don't think I ant to get in a situation where I’m dealing with hundreds of containers.

I’ve listed boxes for $60 on Facebook and Craigslist and has no problems selling through inventory over time.   The better score is if Walmart does the 1500 pieces for $30 at Black Friday.  Granted last year they did not do it.   This Costco sets are easy to ship Vs. when they came as towers boxes during Black Friday.

• 4 months later...