Brickpickers in Southern and Central Wisconsin and N. Illinois

LegoAddict42

46 minutes ago, belljohn said:

Inviting everyone to my place to clean up my chocolate sampling.  Open 12-4 Sunday.

261 W. Main St, Stoughton

Nice to have @Kevink24 stop by today.

Thanks for the chat today...always nice to meet another Lego fan. The kids enjoyed sampling the different chocolate and they look forward to eating the chocolate bars that we bought for their Christmas stockings!

On 12/7/2019 at 8:55 PM, belljohn said:

Inviting everyone to my place to clean up my chocolate sampling.  Open 12-4 Sunday.

261 W. Main St, Stoughton

Nice to have @Kevink24 stop by today.

IMG_4469.thumb.jpeg.c192452b0006f98f356473473b5a8b88.jpegIMG_4465.thumb.jpeg.5f4410acb63e573762dd6881a7f58c4b.jpegIMG_4455.thumb.jpeg.fbfbf21b56cea6851e45d73038a9e212.jpeg

Thanks for the reminder belljohn.  We will have to try and get up there before the holidays end.  My last two weekends have been swamped with catching up on yardwork from the early snow in October.  Hope to see you soon.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Thanks for the reminder belljohn.  We will have to try and get up there before the holidays end.  My last two weekends have been swamped with catching up on yardwork from the early snow in October.  Hope to see you soon.

I thought I was doomed with the early snow covering all my outdoor furniture, grill, leaves, ect...  Now waiting for the real winter.

On the Lego front, I can tell when a set is hot when 2 mothers want to buy my Friends Hospital on the same day when their daughters saw it over the weekend.  It certainly made me check Amazon.  The first mom got it for $100.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, LegoAddict42 said:

How have your LEGO sales been this season?

Sales have been slow, especially the big sets.  Last year I was fielding calls and emails every day about my Facebook and Craiglist posts for big sets, and practically nothing this year.  I have many retired sets priced at retail.  The smaller sets I sell to the same grandparents and parents every year that rely on me to judge their grandkid/kid Christmas list for suitability.  I am slowly gaining a local following.  Amazon sales are through the roof, but I know that will only last so long.

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, LegoAddict42 said:

Didn’t make it to the New Berlin location but stopped at Kohl’s in Delavan and their LEGO section completely reset with 2020 sets for sale now.

I noticed kohls.com is also selling the 2020 sets.  I’ve got a cart ready to go come tomorrow when my Kohls cash becomes active. ?

On 12/9/2019 at 2:50 PM, belljohn said:

Sales have been slow, especially the big sets.  Last year I was fielding calls and emails every day about my Facebook and Craiglist posts for big sets, and practically nothing this year.  I have many retired sets priced at retail.  The smaller sets I sell to the same grandparents and parents every year that rely on me to judge their grandkid/kid Christmas list for suitability.  I am slowly gaining a local following.  Amazon sales are through the roof, but I know that will only last so long.

Southern Illinois here. Illinois charging tax on eBay sales has destroyed my sales. I had 0 sales this year and my sets are priced evenly with all others. Paypal not returning fees has furteher potentially killed my profits.  I started selling off my 300+ "collection" of new sets 2 years ago.  I'm glad I did. Just down to the duds: petshops and desth stars. 

• 2 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, Belac said:

Was a nailbiter ?

Just a saying I've heard. I neither bite nails or surrender cobra. I(Seahawks) Never doubted we could/would win until just no time left. As packers fans are a great breed I'll once again give a tip of the Cheese.  Congrats

Edited by Belac

9 hours ago, Belac said:

Just a saying I've heard. I neither bite nails or surrender cobra. I(Seahawks) Never doubted we could/would win until just no time left. As packers fans are a great breed I'll once again give a tip of the Cheese.  Congrats

Honestly I was satisfied with just having beast mode in the post season again. 

• Like 1