71044 - Disney Train and Station

brickvoyeur

26 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

My favorite part is the TRACK moving around with the train.

I had this same problem with a City train from a couple years ago.  When it gets going fast enough, and the track isn't secured to anything (say a baseplate), it starts to move.  That's probably why the "Great LEGO Train Accident of 2016" happened at my house, and probably why I haven't rebuilt that train again.

21 minutes ago, Martae54 said:

Bad parts:
Devastated to see what looks to be like 40 stickers.
Why they didn't form a connection between the building and track is beyond me, very awkward!
No remote control?? Seriously Lego???? You have got to be kidding!
That is inexcusable IMO.

Bluetooth remote.  It's the new Power Functions.  At the end of the video, you can see the other apps that are controlled with that app - the Batman RC car, and the 2019 Trains.

Bluetooth remote.  It's the new Power Functions.  At the end of the video, you can see the other apps that are controlled with that app - the Batman RC car, and the 2019 Trains.

Yeah I saw it was being controlled with the app. Meaning they didn't include the Bluetooth remote that they make. Price just went up another $25 !! . Dumb movie by Lego, just charge the $350 and include the remote. Further Insulting us by giving it away in cheaper train sets. 633ca27098ebae6569ba1b71afe0dc70.jpgf009b8e57128075404575d59f082791e.jpg

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, Martae54 said:

Yeah I saw it was being controlled with the app. Meaning they didn't include the Bluetooth remote that they make. Price just went up another $25 !! . Dumb movie by Lego, just charge the $350 and include the remote. Further Insulting us by giving it away in cheaper train sets.

Ah. I didn’t even realize there was a remote. I prefer the app for this, because if the extra sound effects included for this set in the app.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2019 at 8:36 PM, Martae54 said:

Yeah I saw it was being controlled with the app. Meaning they didn't include the Bluetooth remote that they make. Price just went up another $25 !! emoji37.pngemoji849.png. Dumb movie by Lego, just charge the $350 and include the remote. Further Insulting us by giving it away in cheaper train sets. 

They're giving you the option of not having to buy an extra remote, because you don't need to.

I could see being mad you're forced to buy one, but not that they've given us the option.

That's a really good thing, that's customer choice, 

They're giving you the option of not having to buy an extra remote, because you don't need to.
I could see being mad you're forced to buy one, but not that they've given us the option.
That's a really good thing, that's customer choice, 
Right. If folks already don't have the 2.0 cargo or high-speed trains then why complain about this. Multiple trains on a pair of sticks!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Frustrated with quality control on my copy of the set I received.  Only on bag 1 and I've got a broken piece and a marred piece.  One of the smaller bags was also sealed to the perimeter of the bigger bag.  Which isn't a problem exactly but just signs of quality control.  The broken pieces though are frustrating since this is $329.  I'll write Lego I know they're good about replacements.

20191027_074235.jpg

20191027_074710.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 8:46 AM, MusiKyle said:

Frustrated with quality control on my copy of the set I received.  Only on bag 1 and I've got a broken piece and a marred piece.  One of the smaller bags was also sealed to the perimeter of the bigger bag.  Which isn't a problem exactly but just signs of quality control.  The broken pieces though are frustrating since this is $329.  I'll write Lego I know they're good about replacements.

What factory did it come from?

On 10/27/2019 at 8:46 AM, MusiKyle said:

I am quite surprised at the broken piece.  It takes quite a bit of force to tear abs like that.

I have no doubt calling TLG would rectify the problem. 

Edited by lego rules

3 minutes ago, lego rules said:

I am quite surprised at the broken piece.  It takes quite a bit of force to tear abs like that.

I have no doubt calling TLG would rectify the problem. 

This was my first experience.  They have a pretty streamlined process online: enter set number, find piece, enter qty, enter contact info, submit.  Should be here 7 - 10 days they say. Luckily the pieces are external to the build so I was able to continue the build process and replacement will be easy.  I think when that small inner bag got close enough to be heat sealed into the bigger/main bag these two pieces must've gotten too close to some rollers on the machinery.  How exactly I have no idea, I've seen the "how its made" video on Lego and also the Brickumentary, I don't recall seeing the bagging process.  Well, anyway I call this a fluke.

• 1 month later...

I don't know how other places are doing, but after the sale on Black Friday this set went from 8 listings to ~100 listings on eBay overnight here. It sold for retail before, now it sells for an easy 25% off. The market is flooded! This thing was so overpriced that no one bought it and flippers were doing well selling for retail, now that it was on sale everybody bought one or two.

34 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Even at 30% off plus free tree GWP my local store only sold "a couple." I'm glad I picked up one for personal build, but I wouldn't want to be sitting on a mountain of these until well after retirement.

Does everyone hate Mickey in your town? 

That was definitely not the norm.  They sold so many on both sah and in store they had to cancel one of the early December promos 

• 4 weeks later...