75252 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)

TargetZero

All photos visible here!
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/imperial-star-destroyer-75252

75252 Imperial Star Destroyer

Ages 16+. 4784 pieces

US $699.99 – CA $849.99 – DE €699.99 – UK £649.99 – FR €699.99 – DK 5299DKK --$1099.99 AUD

Own the ultimate Imperial Star Destroyer!

Build and display an icon of the Galactic Empire – the Devastator. With over 4,700 LEGO® pieces, this Ultimate Collector Series 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer model captures all the authentic details of the starship as it appeared in the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope, including swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts, intricate surface detailing and of course a buildable scale version of the Rebels’ Tantive IV starship to chase down.

This galactic civil war UCS set also includes a display stand with informational fact plaque and 2 Imperial minifigures, making it the perfect LEGO Star Wars collectible for discerning fans.

• Includes Imperial Officer and Imperial crew member minifigures.
  • The Devastator Imperial Star Destroyer model features swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts and intricate surface detailing.
  • Also includes an attachable, buildable scale version Tantive IV starship for added Star Wars: A New Hope authenticity.
  • With a display stand with informational fact plaque for the ultimate display piece.
  • Also comes with 2 blaster pistol weapons.
  • This Ultimate Collector Series set has 4,784 pieces.
  • Inspire unforgettable Star Wars: A New Hope moments.
  • The perfect LEGO® Star Wars™ collectible for fans of the Star Wars saga.
  • UCS model on display stand measures over 44cm high, 110cm long and 66cm wide, and over 37cm high without stand.

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/lego-star-wars-75252-ucs-imperial-star-destroyer-kopen-alles-wat-je-moet-weten/

557554360_UCSISDbox1.thumb.png.8a8ce9ab7b1679a474a82dd9099380ba.png

1572851754_UCSISDbox2.thumb.png.1ec6cb1f6835a8e11022cbcfd33053d9.png

Edited by Darth_Raichu
Combined all info into 1 stickied post
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, craigdwh said:

Need some help, was offered a sealed MF UCS 75192 for a new Star Destroyer, straight trade.

I'm thinking that's a fair trade, what do you guys think?

I think its odd, both sets are widely available and easy to come by. Why would someone want to make that trade?

21 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

They might have got a good deal on the MF. Using that leverage to try to get a SD. Seems like a good trade to me, instantly $100 off the MF.

Thanks, yep at the meeting he disclosed a "shipping error in his favor"...........

Good trade and met another Lego fan.  

• Like 2

• 7 months later...
11 hours ago, MarleyMoose said:

Has anyone here built this set yet? 

I'm currently in the process of building it. Very different compared  to the 10030. Far more technic and much lighter skeleton so far. I'm somewhat disappointed in the integrated stand. It feels very flimsy compared to standard  UCS stands.

I'm currently in the process of building it. Very different compared  to the 10030. Far more technic and much lighter skeleton so far. I'm somewhat disappointed in the integrated stand. It feels very flimsy compared to standard  UCS stands.

The repetition and the grebbling on 10030 killed large LEGO sets for me. Glad to hear it’s different.

1 hour ago, Mr_Coat said:

10030 is one of my all time favorite sets. My only complaints are the drooping nose (which I added additional brackets to strengthen the frame by the nose) and the magnets. It's pretty stable and easy to move but a slight misalignment of the lower panels and they fall down.

I'd like to pick this set up one day but hard to drop that kind of cash during these times.

I've had the 10030 on display for 3 years now, and have yet to see any sagging/drooping or issues with magnets. Maybe luck, maybe just build skill ;)

The greebling is pretty intense on the new set, but the long side greebles are just one big string of plates that clip on from nose to stern, rather than 20+ repetitions of the same 2x8 plate.

Also, the main hull is made up of almost a dozen 16x16 plates. Should speed up the build  and improve stability

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to circle back , I completed the set this week.

If you've built the 10030, this is a very different experience. The skeleton and superstructure are a very different build than the past one and the greebling, while intense at times,  is no where near as repetitive feeling as it was before.

While the complexity and updates to the ship are very impressive and worthwhile, I do have two major complaints.

The first is the ball  joints used to connect the body sheets to the frame. The very tip of the prow uses 2x2 plates with a ball joint to connect the 4 surfaces to the skeleton. These ball joints are super strong, far stronger then the plate to plate connection. Multiple times when I would try to clip the nose down, the ball joint would connect and the plate would pop off. And at that angle and spacing, it's impossible to reattach, so I would have to take the plate off and try again. Rock solid once attached, but a pain in the butt to get it on at times.

Second, and maybe greater complaint, is the integrated stand.  It's trash. Every other UCS set has a rock solid technic frame that is absolutely bomber. This set has a base made of two layers of plates, and the technic girders are connected by 4 studs and a pair of 1x2 plates with arms. Pathetic. The stand would shear apart at an angle constantly. I may rebuild the base using the 10030 design and attach the girders and be done with it.

Those complaints aside, it's a pretty awesome set. The original ISD was commanding in it's size. This new one is just as commanding and more detailed.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • Alpinemaps changed the title to 75252 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)
  • 1 year later...
1 hour ago, starwarsxpress said:

what do you all think of this set ? trying to decide to get one before it retires ? part of me wants to get one part of me wants to get another falcon instead to keep boxed to go along with the one I am building and just skip this set

Been waiting to move to a larger house before opening mine. To me, unless rereleased, falcon will always be someone's first pick. Yet, unless they have room, few would be able to display both. 

Curiosity though with the falcon, does it become the new 10188. Stick around for nearly a decade then come back with an additional cheese wedge and last another half decade.