75252 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)

TargetZero

All photos visible here!
https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/imperial-star-destroyer-75252

75252 Imperial Star Destroyer

Ages 16+. 4784 pieces

US $699.99 – CA $849.99 – DE €699.99 – UK £649.99 – FR €699.99 – DK 5299DKK --$1099.99 AUD

Own the ultimate Imperial Star Destroyer!

Build and display an icon of the Galactic Empire – the Devastator. With over 4,700 LEGO® pieces, this Ultimate Collector Series 75252 Imperial Star Destroyer model captures all the authentic details of the starship as it appeared in the opening scene of Star Wars: A New Hope, including swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts, intricate surface detailing and of course a buildable scale version of the Rebels’ Tantive IV starship to chase down.

This galactic civil war UCS set also includes a display stand with informational fact plaque and 2 Imperial minifigures, making it the perfect LEGO Star Wars collectible for discerning fans.

• Includes Imperial Officer and Imperial crew member minifigures.
  • The Devastator Imperial Star Destroyer model features swiveling guns, a tilting radar dish, huge engine exhausts and intricate surface detailing.
  • Also includes an attachable, buildable scale version Tantive IV starship for added Star Wars: A New Hope authenticity.
  • With a display stand with informational fact plaque for the ultimate display piece.
  • Also comes with 2 blaster pistol weapons.
  • This Ultimate Collector Series set has 4,784 pieces.
  • Inspire unforgettable Star Wars: A New Hope moments.
  • The perfect LEGO® Star Wars™ collectible for fans of the Star Wars saga.
  • UCS model on display stand measures over 44cm high, 110cm long and 66cm wide, and over 37cm high without stand.

https://www.bricktastic.nl/lego-star-wars/lego-star-wars-75252-ucs-imperial-star-destroyer-kopen-alles-wat-je-moet-weten/

557554360_UCSISDbox1.thumb.png.8a8ce9ab7b1679a474a82dd9099380ba.png

1572851754_UCSISDbox2.thumb.png.1ec6cb1f6835a8e11022cbcfd33053d9.png

Edited by Darth_Raichu
Combined all info into 1 stickied post
  • Like 7

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, ZULU said:

On this nice website, I went from lurking, to active optimist, to articles writing, back to active sceptical, to lurker, to out, back to lurker, and now to this post... 

Ahhh... still remember buying SSD 10221 at 300e/p... 6 months after retirement at 450e...

anyhow...

It will be interesting to see how high investors will stock the set. 

The snow speeder UCS has enough inventory to remain flattish for 4 years AT LEAST before the price should pick up... ceteris paribus. That seems too long for such big space-mongering sets.

Based on the bearish comments in this section, I guess we should see some disinterest showing sooner than later?

But then there are more big online players now with huge depots full of sets - maybe only a recession can flush them out?

it's difficult indeed. I never saw our dearest moderator so bluntly negative either. Even more a bear than MR negative himself (ValE ?)

I'm watching and waiting for that window of improvement...

take it on the better side.. if you have enough money sitting on your bank account, earning you (in EU) what? these days.. when ECB plans another round of "quantitative easing" (or how its called) and pumping another 20 billion EUR into purchasing EU governmental bonds (thus effectively decreasing the value of EUR against USD).. even you buy now at some good price UCS snowspeeder, Im pretty confident that in a year time you will sell it for at least 10 per cent profit.. while the interests on your regular bank account combined with the inflation/deflation curve would get you somewhere between 1-2 %.

Edited by crayxlp

13 hours ago, crayxlp said:

take it on the better side.. if you have enough money sitting on your bank account, earning you (in EU) what? these days.. when ECB plans another round of "quantitative easing" (or how its called) and pumping another 20 billion EUR into purchasing EU governmental bonds (thus effectively decreasing the value of EUR against USD).. even you buy now at some good price UCS snowspeeder, Im pretty confident that in a year time you will sell it for at least 10 per cent profit.. while the interests on your regular bank account combined with the inflation/deflation curve would get you somewhere between 1-2 %.

10% gross is not profitable net. 

The % look nice, but without scale (and there's just the problem) there's no business model. 

If you like packing, going to the post office and handling customer care, sure 10% is fine. 

The sets I buy need to make 50e absolute money net... that's my minimum threshold.

On 9/13/2019 at 1:57 PM, ZULU said:

On this nice website, I went from lurking, to active optimist, to articles writing, back to active sceptical, to lurker, to out, back to lurker, and now to this post... 

Ahhh... still remember buying SSD 10221 at 300e/p... 6 months after retirement at 450e...

anyhow...

It will be interesting to see how high investors will stock the set. 

The snow speeder UCS has enough inventory to remain flattish for 4 years AT LEAST before the price should pick up... ceteris paribus. That seems too long for such big space-mongering sets.

Based on the bearish comments in this section, I guess we should see some disinterest showing sooner than later?

But then there are more big online players now with huge depots full of sets - maybe only a recession can flush them out?

it's difficult indeed. I never saw our dearest moderator so bluntly negative either. Even more a bear than MR negative himself (ValE ?)

I'm watching and waiting for that window of improvement...

I am not sure who you are referring to when you say "dearest" but maybe you are referring to me.  Women call me dear and honey all the time.  ?  Anyway...I think a lot of this sets's future will be determined by the new UCS Falcon.  If that retires and does well, this set will have some potential.  If the Falcon hangs around forever and appreciates slowly after retirement, this set will have no takers.  There are too many people that already have the 10030 and won't have the extra cash to plop down $700.00 for this set.  There are just too many other wonderful sets released on an annual basis to collect them all.  People have to cut somewhere.  

Also, the fact that this set is just too hard to store and ship and a huge risk for resellers will deter quite a few.

• Like 1

Also, the fact that this set is just too hard to store and ship and a huge risk for resellers will deter quite a few. 

- I find this is a really interesting insight.. would you say (from your immense experience) that if UCS MF would be packed "flat" - kind of new Taj Mahal.. that this packaging could improve reseling?

The packaging is part of the buyer experience and the bigger the better as it gives them the sensation of getting a lot for a lot of money.

This set is arguably a bigger step up in build and accuracy from 10030 than 75192 was from 10179 and I am pretty sure the hard core fans will want both it and 10030.

It´s not cheap but represents better value than the Death Star or SSD, for instance.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, crayxlp said:

- I find this is a really interesting insight.. would you say (from your immense experience) that if UCS MF would be packed "flat" - kind of new Taj Mahal.. that this packaging could improve reseling?

I think the box is beautiful and wouldn't change it.  Like Val-E said, it's part of the appeal.  The LEGO Group certainly doesn't care about making resellers happy.  The box of these two big bad boys are meant to impress, plain and simple.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Besides double VIP points, is there any other promo or freebies? Better to just wait until Triple Force  Friday and at least get the Endor micro diorama? Assuming there will still be stock of the ISD....

Look how long it lasted in Australia. It's already on back order

5 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Similar to what happened with UCS Falcon then and clearly no coincidence. Lego deliberately restricting stock in the first few months to generate hype and sales at full RRP then flooding the market when the SAH exclusivity period ends.

1iwr9c.jpg

Yep, pretty much 

Was in local store this morning. The destroyer was on display. Soooo dissapointing in person. It's pretty much 100% the one tone of light grey - needed darks and black in there to break the monotony up and make details shine. Also could easily see blues and yellows of the interior frame work through large gaps in the Hull build, particularly down the middle and round the rear engines. The big Falcon is much more impressive and visually interesting for the money. 

Also Gingerbread house super cute, gf wanted one then and there. Disney Train lacked any wow factor. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Graphicski said:

Was in local store this morning. The destroyer was on display. Soooo dissapointing in person. It's pretty much 100% the one tone of light grey - needed darks and black in there to break the monotony up and make details shine.

So change the way it looks like in the films?  I don't mind all the grey, the greebling and panels show the details.

• Like 2

• Alpinemaps changed the title to 75252 - UCS: Imperial Star Destroyer (2019)