Scam Portland address?

thelovemachine

Hi, I sold a $320 set to someone with feedback of 2.  From old forum posts this seems to be legit address but

When I try the USPS to print label I get this.

Failed to obtain services from USPS.ShipTo address is invalid or unsupported.

It works if I use Fedex..  I read on Amazon seller that shipping to this address...some are fraud freight forwarders. Any advice?

Michael XJROEG
NE Sandy Blvd 18432
Portand OR 97251-6835

I've never had any issues with forwarding companies on either coast and several have been high dollar.  Just folks in others countries finding a way to get you to ship to them if you don't normally ship to that country or maybe this route saves them some money vs. using the big boys.  I personally feel better shipping to these addresses because I know I have fulfilled my duty as a seller and I can track all the way to the address vs. some strange address in Vietnam that I have no idea is correct or not.  

2 hours ago, Huskers1236 said:

I've never had any issues with forwarding companies on either coast and several have been high dollar.  Just folks in others countries finding a way to get you to ship to them if you don't normally ship to that country or maybe this route saves them some money vs. using the big boys.  I personally feel better shipping to these addresses because I know I have fulfilled my duty as a seller and I can track all the way to the address vs. some strange address in Vietnam that I have no idea is correct or not.  

Oh no, which one is the city, which one is the province, and oh no? what is that third one? the city district? is that a postal code or a phone number?! Wait, why are there two postal codes? Where is the street number?!

7 minutes ago, minicoopers11 said:

Oh no, which one is the city, which one is the province, and oh no? what is that third one? the city district? is that a postal code or a phone number?! Wait, why are there two postal codes? Where is the street number?!

I have a cousin in Nicaragua and I'm baffled by how little information seemingly gets her Christmas card delivered to her. Just Apartado ### Managua? Really?

That buyer bought the majority of my Tumblers through several transactions over a period of about one year. No issues whatsoever.

I was in Portland about a month ago on vacation. Our hotel was near the airport. While driving around one day I noticed a street sign that said Sandy Blvd and realized that is where all my Tumblers ended up. I’m assuming it’s a freight forward service near the airport.

As long as the address is certified by PayPal you are good to go. Ship away.

• 2 years later...
4 hours ago, Tina M said:

I’m planning on shipping through them but I need a final weight from USPS.  Will I lose my protection if I don’t use the label directly from EBay?  I was going to let USPS print a shipping label and just eat any of the costs.  Thanks

What do you mean, YOU'RE shipping through them? Did someone buy from you and wants you to do all of the legwork to send it to them and is asking you to send it via this freight forwarder? As a seller, I've never had to do more than get it to that address. The buyer should already have it arranged to ship there and the freight forwarder will take it from there. Maybe I am misunderstanding what you are doing...

5 hours ago, Tina M said:

I’m planning on shipping through them but I need a final weight from USPS.  Will I lose my protection if I don’t use the label directly from EBay?  I was going to let USPS print a shipping label and just eat any of the costs.  Thanks

No, but do buy a scale. Then buy a label printer.

• Like 2