75930 - Indoraptor Rampage at Lockwood Estate

elmaslıefendi

3 minutes ago, hockeyweasel said:

The performance of Indominus is a good indicator. Unique dinosaur mold that won’t be done again. Add to that the fact that dinosaurs generally do well and it should do fine and at least not be a turd.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Add to the fact everyone hoarding it will be hoping for Indominus performance. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hockeyweasel said:

The performance of Indominus is a good indicator. Unique dinosaur mold that won’t be done again. Add to that the fact that dinosaurs generally do well and it should do fine and at least not be a turd.

Sent from my iPhone using Brickpicker Forum mobile app

Personally I like the set.  Includes the indo and blue (although blue is quickly becoming the most common dino mold).  Even has a Triceratops head mounted.  Nice looking building too.

However, one problem with comparing this to the Indominus Rex (IR) set - IR was selling above RRP before it went EOL.  This set has not. 

The second movie was not as good as the first either.  So I'm not sure how much the previous set's performance can tell us about this set's performance after EOL.  Although 40-50% off just about any set usually equals profit.

Profit, yes, but how much and how long you factor in hold times and which market you can or should sell in also plays a great deal into the equation. 

Reselling is not gambling or day trading. Figure out what your average sold price + profit is from previous years divided by hold time and create a bench mark to either met or exceed for the following year. 

1 hour ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

it's a unique dino mold and color for the Indo...I tried to buy separately on ebay and the auctions hit $40-$60 eeek!

a must for any dino collector, imo.

if efficiency is a priority: keep the sealed dinos for future resale,  "hack" the rest. which minimizes storage requirements.

I must be using a different ebay than you because I didn't find a single sold listing for Indoraptor or 75930 that finished in that price range.  If you're truly looking to buy a new dino for your collection, just get one from BL for $25.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Huskers1236 said:

I must be using a different ebay than you because I didn't find a single sold listing for Indoraptor or 75930 that finished in that price range.  If you're truly looking to buy a new dino for your collection, just get one from BL for $25.

thanks for the tip...after checking I realized my search was earlier this year (prior to all the recent deals on the set)...prices have gone down as stock obviously jumped quite a bit.

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

thanks for the tip...after checking I realized my search was earlier this year (prior to all the recent deals on the set)...prices have gone down as stock obviously jumped quite a bit.

The retail clearance of this set will have definitely lowered prices for the short term.  If you want something from this set, this will be the time to get it.

• 1 year later...