10270 - Bookshop

jgschmieg3

1 hour ago, Alpinemaps said:

Rumor is that the reveal will happen at Singapore Comic Con 2019, which is Dec 7 and 8.

Singapore is +13 hours from EST. So 10 am Friday in Singapore will be 9 PM Thursday on the east coast. That’s about 36 hours from the time of this post.

Considering a modular has a half life of about 4 years, I am in no rush to count down the hours to the reveal.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Considering a modular has a half life of about 4 years, I am in no rush to count down the hours to the reveal.

From a reseller perspective I agree. But from the LEGO fan in me, I’m always excited to hear about the next modular.

The buildings are unique, and they are themed well. The speculation is fun, and even if the rumors are correct, what I imagine is never as cool as what they come up with.

With the endless redos of police, fire and Star Wars, the yearly modular is always nice for it’s ability to stand on its own.
  • Like 9

I'm trying to think what an average "bookstore" looks like.  The outside could be anything since it's what's on the inside that really makes it a bookstore.  There are a bunch of MOCs (quick Google Image search for "Lego Bookstore").  Many have brick-spelt "Books" on the front.  I like the one below...

image.thumb.png.afcc22dbbd174198981db7e461eb5698.png

Edited by MusiKyle
  • Like 1

I'm trying to think what an average "bookstore" looks like.  The outside could be anything since it's what's on the inside that really makes it a bookstore.  There are a bunch of MOCs (quick Google Image search for "Lego Bookstore").  Many have brick-spelt "Books" on the front.  I like the one below...
image.thumb.png.afcc22dbbd174198981db7e461eb5698.png

20 years ago, when I lived in Santa Barbara, there was an interesting Borders bookstore downtown.

It was originally a bank building that had been taken over. It was an open floor plan, with these long staircases going to each floor. There was a basement, a street level and a top level. The store itself felt like there were lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Plenty of open space to sit and read.

12 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

20 years ago, when I lived in Santa Barbara, there was an interesting Borders bookstore downtown.

It was originally a bank building that had been taken over. It was an open floor plan, with these long staircases going to each floor. There was a basement, a street level and a top level. The store itself felt like there were lots of nooks and crannies to explore. Plenty of open space to sit and read.

Kinda like this?

bookstore 1.jpg

bookstore.jpg

13 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

This is kind of what I'm imagining.  Some kind of Victorian architecture or repurposed building.  I wonder how many actual books will be included in the set.  I would imagine quite a few.  Or sideways built 1x2s meant to look like books, I could see that also.

1 minute ago, Pseudoty said:

Kinda like this?

bookstore 1.jpg

bookstore.jpg

I like how the minifig is blurred out in the first picture.  Like how Google Street view obscures faces for 'privacy' :)

Kinda like this?
385100704_bookstore1.thumb.jpg.730913142c41a47f205aca16a3c3f539.jpg
bookstore.thumb.jpg.8f2c76ebb4bd77632b9fb1604d78203e.jpg

A little bit. It was more of a open central area, with the shelves around the walls, and the area in the middle open. Think that pic, but with a mirror image connected (eg that pic represents half of what the floor plan was)

I found a couple pics that don’t do it justice. It’s a Marshall’s now.

e81630525b1d1e61b9d3b82f235e7a52.jpg

8ddf32bd6fb03bb3d1f5c5ef127c34af.jpg

28 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Box.

79128874_10216228907652261_3388007135232131072_n.jpg

well, as said many times before, no "wow effect" .. to my taste it looks definitely better than the Garage Corner and I also appreciate that they reverted to the "usual" landscape box format such as Detectives Office. But DO and Brick Bank are waaaaaaaaaay ahead of this one.. both as the sets and box art. This looks even a bit weird - a solitaire building somewhere in the suburbs or what.. no city street.. plus its not even a corner building.. I think LEGO once again hugely wasted the potential here and what a really great bookstore or a library could be. :(

Edited by crayxlp