76139 - 1989 Batmobile

Val-E

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 11:45 AM, Ed Mack said:

Looks cool and collectible...just like The Tumbler....eh...hmmm....

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 12:05 PM, BillyBricks said:

more iconic than the Tumbler

On ‎10‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 10:33 AM, superlegolover said:

Clearer pics

Aside from too many remakes, Lego has released some great D2C exclusives this year! IMO as Batmobiles go... This may be the most iconic,Tumbler very memorable also. If they do a USC style of the classic tv version would make nice display of all three.  Blurry but Cool looking joker miifig also.  General vibe I get these days is this may be just too big to buy, stash, wait, sell, yay.  In for 1.   I May need to source a Tumbler for personal now:) I Hope for the hoarders of tumbler that more folks feel the same, that these pair well.

Looks cool. Looks like Cockpit roof slides forward just like in the movie. Joker is wearing that hat and maybe holding a cane too just like jack nicholson did. Duel front hood Machine guns seem to pop up from secret compartments. I hope it has side mounted grappling hooks to latch onto things going around tight turns in the city. 

1 hour ago, Belac said:

Aside from too many remakes, Lego has released some great D2C exclusives this year! IMO as Batmobiles go... This may be the most iconic,Tumbler very memorable also. If they do a USC style of the classic tv version would make nice display of all three.  Blurry but Cool looking joker miifig also.  General vibe I get these days is this may be just too big to buy, stash, wait, sell, yay.  In for 1.   I May need to source a Tumbler for personal now:) I Hope for the hoarders of tumbler that more folks feel the same, that these pair well.

Here you go, clear pic for Joker

BB9B7261-3A89-4984-B4A9-9CF2A29A6C79.jpeg

I love this for nostalgia alone.  This was one of the first movies I remember going to and while it may seem a little goofy now, but for a seven year old it was pure magic.  From when he first drops in with his cape spread to when flies the Batwing/Batjet/Batwhatever in front of the moon to make a bat symbol this movie was/is awesome.

You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

9 hours ago, nolanfan34 said:

Looks cool. I love the cowl/cape combo, wonder if they'll keep it exclusive to this figure. 

I love the cape.  I think there is a CMF line coming of DC characters and there may another Batman with this cape in that line.

I won't say this be a day one purchase since discounts will inevitably happen, but a cool promo could certainly push me over the edge.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I won't say this be a day one purchase since discounts will inevitably happen, but a cool promo could certainly push me over the edge.

I can't remember where, but I believe I've heard about a mini version of this.  Maybe saw a picture somewhere?  Anyway, I could definitely see that being a GWP at launch.

Clearly, many people are loving the cape - I just associate it with the many non lego figures I have picked out of purchased lots over the years.

So many of them use hard plastic capes instead of the cloth/fabric ones that LEGO uses - so I associate the cloth/fabric material being a higher quality product.

I mean, cloth just makes sense for a cape. Yes, they can age terribly if played with, and the spongy ones are absolutely awful - but given a choice.

Clearly, many people are loving the cape - I just associate it with the many non lego figures I have picked out of purchased lots over the years.
So many of them use hard plastic capes instead of the cloth/fabric ones that LEGO uses - so I associate the cloth/fabric material being a higher quality product.
I mean, cloth just makes sense for a cape. Yes, they can age terribly if played with, and the spongy ones are absolutely awful - but given a choice.

I think in this particular case, it’s appropriate for this minifig. If you think back to the 89 Batman movie, that “cape” was more of a plastic thing that an actual piece of cloth.
  • Like 2

This set sure hits a lot of the right notes, Unless I'm derailed by the price tag I'll prob get this early. Here's hoping for a cool promo. I certainly wouldn't want all capes to be this rigid plastic, but it does look really good for a display set like this. 

13 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

I think there is a CMF line coming of DC characters and there may another Batman with this cape in that line.

Fingers crossed it's exclusive to this set alone.

2 hours ago, KShine said:

and the spongy ones are absolutely awful

?

I like the gargoyles on the minfig stand (from the end of the movie), very cool detail.  I'm not even a big Batman fan, but I think this set is awesome.  From an investment standpoint I don't know that I'd get too many, but I'm in for one for a personal build (once I can catch a good deal/promo on it).