76139 - 1989 Batmobile

Val-E

43 minutes ago, Val-E said:

That´s what they said about the last one and look at all the trouble it got people into.

Yes, but I think people will hoard less based on Tumbler experience and just buy for personal build.  I know I am as the 1989 Batman movie was a HUGE when I was a kid and I always loved that version of the Batmobile.

Full Disclosure:  No Tumblers were bought, sold or otherwise exchanged in the creation of this post;)

On 10/27/2019 at 11:15 AM, Alpinemaps said:

I think in this particular case, it’s appropriate for this minifig. If you think back to the 89 Batman movie, that “cape” was more of a plastic thing that an actual piece of cloth.

This. I remember hearing that it was nearly impossible to turn his head in that outfit. Minifigure = Accurate

• Like 2

3 hours ago, kouks said:

Yes, but I think people will hoard less based on Tumbler experience and just buy for personal build.  I know I am as the 1989 Batman movie was a HUGE when I was a kid and I always loved that version of the Batmobile.

Full Disclosure:  No Tumblers were bought, sold or otherwise exchanged in the creation of this post;)

Well at least the hype train is shorter this time around. Tumbler thread got to about 20 pages before the damn thing even hit the shelves.

2 minutes ago, Patrick_BLN said:

Might just be my personal preference, but I prefer a classic set modell from and old movie over a newer one. But I share the view that it is not a set to by of bigger quantity for a gain

The original Batmobile was about the only saving grace from that 60´s Batcave set no one likes to mention much.

Tumbler made a lot of people very happy, just not that many were resellers. However, it has still done better than any of the UCS Star Wars sets to have retired since then.

This new set may help Tumbler as some folk will want both.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 1

A long time coming but here is the most iconic ride driven by the bat (possibly any superhero really) with a design easily recognizable by simple silhouette. The Tumbler, while an interesting modern warfare take on the vehicle, featured very little of being Batman aside from painted black (or very, very dark gray). I've said this before I know but the Tumbler belonged better amongst The Punisher's arsenal in my opinion.

Regarding the cape I can see both sides on the topic. The fabric LEGO has been using lately for mostly all their capes is quite good and flexible compared to the stiff sort of years past that may eventually unravel or get stuck/folded at unattractive angles and overall were just a pain to wash. However the molded cape with cowl here matches the material rather well and looks good for display over play.

• Like 3