76139 - 1989 Batmobile

Val-E

43 minutes ago, lazuli16 said:

Press run started. Official price is $250. Looking at the video, it's a day 1 purchase for me.

The Brick Fan is reporting that the promo will be available from Nov 29-Dec 5 with the purchase of this set.  I can't wait until the giant Batmobile crushes the smaller one on its way to me.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

The Brick Fan is reporting that the promo will be available from Nov 29-Dec 5 with the purchase of this set.  I can't wait until the giant Batmobile crushes the smaller one on its way to me.

Might wait until last minute to see if it goes OOS and then order with a keychain or something.

The Christmas tree promo starts on the 29th as well, so should be able to double dip the GWP if you buy a batmobile at least.

Then you can receive 2 crushed smaller sets!

• Haha 1

Don't get hung up about piece count, it means Jack! The only way to determine its value is to weight the pieces of this versus the Tumbler. Don't be surprised if they weigh the same (or even less) as LEGO are getting as greedy as Disney. Since the Tumbler tanked big time, I'm staying well away from this. A '60s Batmobile on the other hand.....

16 hours ago, Shortbus311 said:

The Christmas tree promo starts on the 29th as well, so should be able to double dip the GWP if you buy a batmobile at least.

Then you can receive 2 crushed smaller sets!

LEGO CS has sent additional GWP whenever there was an issue (at least 4 times in past year)..so I would totally hope for crushed small boxes...

The "only way" I can get this set w/ the GWP is to sell my Bricklink Castle.

I figure the GWP will not last and "may" jump in price ala batpod, so that's what's driving my timeline.

This is my only castle and my original vision was to build Hogwarts, Cinderella, and the Bricklink Castle (four corners of a room...still have an extra corner, I know).

I think I will have an option down the road to get a used bricklink to still fulfill the vision.  Just wanted to see what you folks think. 

2 minutes ago, $20 on joe vs dan said:

The "only way" I can get this set w/ the GWP is to sell my Bricklink Castle.

I figure the GWP will not last and "may" jump in price ala batpod, so that's what's driving my timeline.

This is my only castle and my original vision was to build Hogwarts, Cinderella, and the Bricklink Castle (four corners of a room...still have an extra corner, I know).

I think I will have an option down the road to get a used bricklink to still fulfill the vision.  Just wanted to see what you folks think. 

I picked up a used castle for around $200 recently, so I suppose it is possible.

On 11/8/2019 at 11:47 AM, Delicious_Aloysius said:

Don't get hung up about piece count, it means Jack! The only way to determine its value is to weight the pieces of this versus the Tumbler. Don't be surprised if they weigh the same (or even less) as LEGO are getting as greedy as Disney. Since the Tumbler tanked big time, I'm staying well away from this. A '60s Batmobile on the other hand.....

Have you seen the review?  This thing is quite a bit larger than the tumbler and is much more dense.  There is Zero chance this weighs less than the tumbler.