Star Wars 2022 Movie Trilogy

Val-E

Rogue One had a lot of revisions, including some very late ones, and yet seems like no one cared about them.  I wouldn't pay much attention to anything news related since negativity drives clicks otherwise we've been in a recession this whole decade.

I would wager that Solo is really an anomaly since we didn't get a trailer until Feb, 3 months before the movie's release.  Really seems like a bungled project that happens even to the best of them.

9 hours ago, exracer327 said:

What if SW IX loses money just like Solo did?  How long would Disney need to wait before they could release another SW movie?

They already announced new SW movie trilogy to alternate with Avatar trilogy

9 hours ago, exracer327 said:

That said, I also can't imagine Disney ever releasing the franchise even if it did lose money.  Who else has billions of dollars to buy it from them?  Disney already bought 20th Century Fox itself, so...    Netflix?  Maybe Apple TV? lol   Disney paid $4 bil for the franchise and so far they've only made around $2 bil with their last movie losing money.  This could get very interesting.

I am thinking SW will go the Disney+ / stream only route a la Star Trek on CBS stream.  At least Disney seem to know how to make TV series, unlike CBS with their crappy ST Discovery series.

4 hours ago, LotsoTrainz said:

I would wager that Solo is really an anomaly since we didn't get a trailer until Feb, 3 months before the movie's release.  Really seems like a bungled project that happens even to the best of them.

Eh we did not get ep9 full trailer until last week, didn't we?  Technically the 1/2 Member Berries, 1/2 string of clips thing from a few months ago was just a teaser :D

This movie is not going to lose money, Star Wars is still a big property that is a big draw.  Right now, I'm doubting that it will do better than Last Jedi.  I didn't feel like TLJ left us in a place where I have to know what is going to happen.  I figured the plot would follow the basic premise of the good guys getting some help and then fighting the bad guys with the good guys winning, which isn't the most original story.  Adding the emperor in the story is really the only thing that is intriguing, but it feels like such cheap tactic. 

21 hours ago, fuzzy_bricks said:

This movie is not going to lose money, Star Wars is still a big property that is a big draw.  Right now, I'm doubting that it will do better than Last Jedi.  I didn't feel like TLJ left us in a place where I have to know what is going to happen.  I figured the plot would follow the basic premise of the good guys getting some help and then fighting the bad guys with the good guys winning, which isn't the most original story.  Adding the emperor in the story is really the only thing that is intriguing, but it feels like such cheap tactic. 

Don't get me wrong, I would be shocked if it lost money.  It will definitely be less than TLJ though for the very reason you stated- TLJ left us all with "eh".

And I agree with you, adding the emperor just smells of cheep shout-out to try and bring everyone back.

And Disney has announced two trilogies, one where the Game of Thrones guys just backed out of and the other is to be done by everyone's favorite: Rian Johnson.  Or is he? https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481963/wait-is-rian-johnsons-star-wars-trilogy-not-a-sure-thing

So The Game of Thrones writers bailed on the one SW trilogy and now Rian Johnson's SW Trilogy is questionable?  

1 hour ago, exracer327 said:

Don't get me wrong, I would be shocked if it lost money.  It will definitely be less than TLJ though for the very reason you stated- TLJ left us all with "eh".

And I agree with you, adding the emperor just smells of cheep shout-out to try and bring everyone back.

And Disney has announced two trilogies, one where the Game of Thrones guys just backed out of and the other is to be done by everyone's favorite: Rian Johnson.  Or is he? https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2481963/wait-is-rian-johnsons-star-wars-trilogy-not-a-sure-thing

So The Game of Thrones writers bailed on the one SW trilogy and now Rian Johnson's SW Trilogy is questionable?  

That story looks to be a month old.  I'm pretty sure everyone has come out to say that Rian's trilogy is still happening.

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

That story looks to be a month old.  I'm pretty sure everyone has come out to say that Rian's trilogy is still happening.

Nov 2, 2019: https://screenrant.com/rian-johnson-star-wars-movie-trilogy-happening/

Johnson didn't have much to reveal about the project but commented, "We’re still engaged with Lucasfilm and we’ll wait and see. No updates on it at this moment, but yeah.

"We'll wait and see"???  

The most recent I can find anything from Lucasfilm dates to April 2019.  I'm not saying he's out, but the "wait and see" isn't exciting language in my book.  Just saying...

Nov 2, 2019: https://screenrant.com/rian-johnson-star-wars-movie-trilogy-happening/
Johnson didn't have much to reveal about the project but commented, "We’re still engaged with Lucasfilm and we’ll wait and see. No updates on it at this moment, but yeah.
"We'll wait and see"???  
The most recent I can find anything from Lucasfilm dates to April 2019.  I'm not saying he's out, but the "wait and see" isn't exciting language in my book.  Just saying...

I stand corrected. I thought I read something different but I guess not.

Hey, I’m fine if Rian has nothing to do with the franchise anymore.

I’m watching Rogue One right now. Rian could have learned about how to sprinkle humor in his movie by watching this movie.
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, kumas said:

some wounds cant be healed, I have only middle finger for Disney after TLJ

I know everyone likes to point the finger at Disney for the demise of Star Wars but I don't quite buy that.  The other studios under Disney's control, Marvel, Pixar, and their own Disney Studios have been thriving so to say they simply don't know what they are doing with star wars seems simplistic.  I think the issue is Kathleen Kennedy.  I don't think she has a great understanding on how to manage the IP but she is too powerful and supported within the studio itself for Disney to dislodge her.  She has also allowed star wars to become a bit of a political/social platform which I think has tainted the franchise from the fun space adventure it used to be.    

• Like 4

On 11/5/2019 at 7:59 AM, V22driver said:

I know everyone likes to point the finger at Disney for the demise of Star Wars but I don't quite buy that.  The other studios under Disney's control, Marvel, Pixar, and their own Disney Studios have been thriving so to say they simply don't know what they are doing with star wars seems simplistic.  I think the issue is Kathleen Kennedy.  I don't think she has a great understanding on how to manage the IP but she is too powerful and supported within the studio itself for Disney to dislodge her.  She has also allowed star wars to become a bit of a political/social platform which I think has tainted the franchise from the fun space adventure it used to be.    

They insulted the long time fans, dismissing honest concerns that many had about the movies, by claiming they were just being hate filled, racist, sexist, non-evolved morons who they would really just prefer all go F***-off.

Well they did go F***-off - and Disney figured, as long as their new "woke" fans filled the void, why should they care? But as the SOLO movie showed, they don't make fans as passionate/loyal like they used to.

Can they go back now? Will they be forgiven? Should they be forgiven? The old school SW fans are a pretty sensitive bunch, so perhaps they won't forgive at all, or maybe they will be eager to accept an undo (as long as it gives them back a sense of the SW that they loved).

6 minutes ago, KShine said:

They insulted the long time fans, dismissing honest concerns that many had about the movies, by claiming they were just being hate filled, racist, sexist, non-evolved morons who they would really just prefer all go F***-off.

Well they did go F***-off - and Disney figured, as long as their new "woke" fans filled the void, why should they care? But as the SOLO movie showed, they don't make fans as passionate/loyal like they used to.

Can they go back now? Will they be forgiven? Should they be forgiven? The old school SW fans are a pretty sensitive bunch, so perhaps they won't forgive at all, or maybe they will be eager to accept an undo (as long as it gives them back a sense of the SW that they loved).

image.thumb.png.ae89b76a68a807955a7441b1cde732f8.png

And just wait for the next Indy movie in 2021.

• Like 1

Don't you mean 5th?  Or do we not count Aliens and Cowboys, err, Kingdom of Crystal Skull.
As much as I enjoy most of the Indy movies, I'm not as excited for the "Search for the Golden Geritol".

Never heard of some Skull thing. Don’t know what you’re talking about. Must be some fanfic or something because there hasn’t been an Indiana Jones movie since 1989.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Never heard of some Skull thing. Don’t know what you’re talking about. Must be some fanfic or something because there hasn’t been an Indiana Jones movie since 1989.

Not sure if you're joking or not, but: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/  (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - May 22, 2008).

Arguably the worst of the franchise.  Seriously jumped the shark with the whole temple complex turning into ... well I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet.  I think I've watched it twice.... but only once by choice.

EDIT: Wait, you have to be joking.  There were LEGO sets that came out for that movie: https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Indiana-Jones/subtheme-Kingdom-of-the-Crystal-Skull

Edited by exracer327

Not sure if you're joking or not, but: https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0367882/  (Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - May 22, 2008).
Arguably the worst of the franchise.  Seriously jumped the shark with the whole temple complex turning into ... well I don't want to ruin it for those who haven't seen it yet.  I think I've watched it twice.... but only once by choice.

That link doesn’t work. I’m pretty sure it doesn’t exist.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

There needs to be an Indy-Star Wars crossover like Mork in Happy Days, I mean it´s the same actor after all.

It´s 2019 and who would have imagined the movies released this year; Terminator, Star Wars, Rambo with Ghostbusters and Indy incoming.

The time is ripe for Airplane 3.

Edited by Val-E
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

There needs to be an Indy-Star Wars crossover like Mork in Happy Days, I mean it´s the same actor after all.

It´s 2019 and who would have imagined the movies released this year; Terminator, Star Wars, Rambo with Ghostbusters and Indy incoming.

The time is ripe for Airplane 3.

IIRC there was a fanfic of Indy getting kidnapped by a Sasquatch.  The Sasquatch brought him to Millennium Falcon that crashed on Earth.  The Sasquatch turned out to be Chewy who was looking for Han as they got separated when the MF crashed.

That would have been a better idea for Solo movie IMHO

• Like 1

On 11/6/2019 at 12:48 PM, KShine said:

We got lucky to ever get any good Star Wars...  Marcia Lucas' editing protected George the director from himself on all his projects.  Kersher saved us from George mangling Empire.  Marcia had to come out of retirement to perform open-heart editing on Jedi to save us all from things worse than Ewoks...  and she immediately divorced George after the experience.  Without Marcia, George was doomed to fail when making the prequels. 

Selling to Disney at least put a stake through the heart of midichlorian counts and other horrors George had planned.  

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, beatpoppa said:

We got lucky to ever get any good Star Wars...  Marcia Lucas' editing protected George the director from himself on all his projects.  Kersher saved us from George mangling Empire.  Marcia had to come out of retirement to perform open-heart editing on Jedi to save us all from things worse than Ewoks...  and she immediately divorced George after the experience.  Without Marcia, George was doomed to fail when making the prequels. 

Selling to Disney at least put a stake through the heart of midichlorian counts and other horrors George had planned.  

Disney replaced midichlorian with recycled ideas, subpar plotting, and nonexistent writing.  At least with prequel trilogy, there were different designs of droids & vehicles to challenge the LEGO designers.  Nowadays we have to be content with the nth remakes of AWing, Ywing, and XWing.  Progress :drag: