Star Wars 2022 Movie Trilogy

Val-E

On 11/10/2019 at 8:33 PM, donbee said:

I think you all are missing one important point. Disney doesn’t keep any profit. They’ve been heavily in debt since at least 2014.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/finance.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/4-measures-indicate-walt-disney-141201321.html

When you buy every meaningful forever-genre in film it does add up. That mountainous library of premier content they own make the future look bright, safe.

Disney's new streaming service doesn't expect to make a profit for 4-5 years.  But the amount of content they already have is mind-boggling.  There is stuff I had no idea they owned the rights to.  Where they are going to be challenged is to come up with new content to keep up with Netflix.  Stuff like The Mandalorian.  Hopefully, that won't bomb like the movies are.  My wife and I are looking forward to the Loki series as well.  If their streaming service takes off, Disney could move into a whole new realm (no pun intended) of media dominance.

But right now I look at Disney and Star Wars like a car engine running but missing (running poorly) on one cylinder.  You can drive such a car, but not to its fullest potential.  It can even run OK for a time, but eventually you need to diagnose the missing cylinder otherwise it will cause bigger problems to the whole engine.  That is where Disney needs to get SW figured out.  Personally, I'd change the spark plug (Kennedy) and see if that fixes the problem.  

• Like 2