The Mandalorian - Disney+ *Could Contain Spoilers*

Jeff Mack

I watched and enjoyed it.  My 10 yr old son who has pretty much ignored everything SW after TLJ (wouldn't even watch Solo) also liked it and asked me ?s about it and when the next episode is.  I also caught him watching TCW reruns as he really liked that show along with Rebels.

getting back to me... Not sure if I really liked because my expectations were very low going in (thank TLJ, Solo, and Resistance for that) or it was actually decent.  Regardless, chapter 1 kept me interested and I never found myself checking how much time was remaining.

a few things i liked and noticed (some of which us now widely wrote about on the 'net).

1. the imperial doc who really wants Mando to get it alive, has a “il” patch.  That logo was also worn by the clones while training on Kamino during AOTC.  
  2. Someone wearing Boba Fett armor was next to Mando briefly in the shadows while walking toward the blacksmith's room.  The Fett helmet even seemed to have the same dent.
  3. i like the Life Day reference by that opening scene blue alien.
  4. that same blue alien should not have had a normal voice,  that was too Star Trek TNG.  Usually, SW aliens have a modified voice.
  5. i wish planet names were listed.
  6. IG's battle movements were awesome.  
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, jaisonline said:

I watched and enjoyed it.  My 10 yr old son who has pretty much ignored everything SW after TLJ (wouldn't even watch Solo) also liked it and asked me ?s about it and when the next episode is.  I also caught him watching TCW reruns as he really liked that show along with Rebels.

getting back to me... Not sure if I really liked because my expectations were very low going in (thank TLJ, Solo, and Resistance for that) or it was actually decent.  Regardless, chapter 1 kept me interested and I never found myself checking how much time was remaining.

a few things i liked and noticed (some of which us now widely wrote about on the 'net).

1. the imperial doc who really wants Mando to get it alive, has a “il” patch.  That logo was also worn by the clones while training on Kamino during AOTC.  
  2. Someone wearing Boba Fett armor was next to Mando briefly in the shadows while walking toward the blacksmith's room.  The Fett helmet even seemed to have the same dent.
  3. i like the Life Day reference by that opening scene blue alien.
  4. that same blue alien should not have had a normal voice,  that was too Star Trek TNG.  Usually, SW aliens have a modified voice.
  5. i wish planet names were listed.
  6. IG's battle movements were awesome.  

I was thinking the same thing about the listing the planet names like they have done in the past.  I am wondering if they are keeping things under wraps to be revealed later. 

I might be in the minority here but I think this has been very underwhelming so far. I’ll continue to watch but hopefully there is some character development and story telling in the next episode. This feels so completely void of any real depth.

The bounty droid was cool. Baby green Gizmo was a neat touch, too. I checked the time about 4 or 5 times.

Anyone else also annoyed by the music? Sorry I sound so negative. I just can’t believe this is what they came up with after the ep8 debacle.

I guess I’ll go watch some Sword in the Stone to pick up my spirits.

24 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Haven't watched anything since Episode 7, the disappointment was too great. Is there anything worth watching since then? 

Or should I just rewatch the Phantom Menace?

Rogue One

12 minutes ago, BrickLegacy said:

I might be in the minority here but I think this has been very underwhelming so far. I’ll continue to watch but hopefully there is some character development and story telling in the next episode. This feels so completely void of any real depth.

The bounty droid was cool. Baby green Gizmo was a neat touch, too. I checked the time about 4 or 5 times.

Anyone else also annoyed by the music? Sorry I sound so negative. I just can’t believe this is what they came up with after the ep8 debacle.

I’m digging the music. There are many more high end brass elements compared to the somber brass in the OT. Sometimes it gets so high it reminds of some of the themes in Rocky.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, exracer327 said:

Good to see cousin It getting work in Star Wars.  Ep. 2 moved a little on the slow side for my taste.  I can see what they were going for but I think they could have done it in about 20 min.

A little “Lone Wolf and Cub” vibe this week. Loved the Jawas and Sandcrawler inclusion.

• Like 1

I do love that the first two episodes focus on making SW weird again. It’s going to be a while before I can get the image of Jawa’s eating a giant hairy egg out of my memory.

In other news, Disney + continued the long tradition of tweaking the shootout between Han and Greedo. https://www.wired.com/story/star-wars-disney-plus-han-greedo/

Reading the article, I had no idea how much the scene had been altered multiple times over the ages.

• Like 1

Watched both episodes last night to get caught up.  Love the OT feel of the series so far.  Music did bother me at one point, but never really noticed it otherwise.  Watching the credits after E1 and saw that the Mandalorian is Pedro Pascal?  Dude was amazing in Game of Thrones, so I hope we actually get to see his acting chops and not just some voice behind a helmet.  Is Nick Nolte the the little Ugnaught looking guy?  LOL  He must be broke.  

Is there significance to him getting a pauldron from the melted down metal?  I missed it if there was.  

I completely forgot Pascal was the Mandalorian... he was one of my favorites in GoT too. This gives me hope but we’ll need his mask off and some acrobatic fighting for him to really shine. Otherwise it’s a waste of talent.

Sandcrawler and Jawas were cool ... apparently Jawas aren’t vengeful folk. A few of their kind get obliterated and they are OK with an egg as restitution? Savages.

Focusing on the positive, I really liked the artwork they used with the credits... that felt original but still Star Wars.

I still have hope ... I wish the episodes were a little longer and some more dialogue or backstory. Maybe that will come in future episodes.

• Like 1

I feel the same. It’s ok. Not great. Better that TLJ at least. Hopefully it’ll start getting more interesting as it progresses.