Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals

Bold-Arrow

Any thoughts on grabbing UCS Y-Wing and MBS Cloud City for Lego Shop? (30% off + GWPs + Double VIP)? Anyone loading up on these?

Seems like the Y-Wing has been heavily discounted for months now and CC is a slow seller?

Personally I'm staying away from these as investments.....already have the Y-Wing and want CC for my kids.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Any thoughts on grabbing UCS Y-Wing and MBS Cloud City for Lego Shop? (30% off + GWPs + Double VIP)? Anyone loading up on these?

Seems like the Y-Wing has been heavily discounted for months now and CC is a slow seller?

Personally I'm staying away from these as investments.....already have the Y-Wing and want CC for my kids.

I'll take a flyer on one Y wing. It can sit next to the UCS Slave and Snowspeeders I have collecting dust.

Grabbed a CC from amz last week. At $200ish I like it. I think it will sell for retail at least, maybe even a little better. 

7 minutes ago, Val-E said:

No 70840 it seems for the Brits as it is sold out before the sale starts there. Out means out.

Seriously what on earth lol. I was waiting for this and now all of a sudden there is no stock arrr 

Just now, raulaco said:

Seriously what on earth lol. I was waiting for this and now all of a sudden there is no stock arrr 

Was there actually any stock for anyone though

20 minutes ago, raulaco said:

Was there actually any stock for anyone though

It sold out about ten past midnight. Maybe they will restock for BF otherwise it would have been better to select another set. I don´t imagine they sold that many and it was limit 3 in any case.

Edited by Val-E

7 minutes ago, eliminator said:

Up until 5min ago I had not intentions on buying any Apocalypseburgs...but given it's short production run of only 10ish months I'm tempted to grab at least 1-2.

Movie 2 stock is much tighter in Europe (apart from the first wave non exclusives) so I wouldn´t worry too much. In Europe it is not sold on Amazon and few other shops bothered to carry it in big numbers so it could be the next Minecraft Mountain Cave or, at worst, Joker Manor.

Edited by Val-E
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Movie 2 stock is much tighter in Europe (apart from the first wave non exclusives) so I wouldn´t worry too much. In Europe it is not sold on Amazon and few other shops bothered to carry it in big numbers so it could be the next Minecraft Mountain Cave or, at worst, Joker Manor.

I still do not see in any foreseable future a situation wherer an end SAH buyer would profit 40 + % in like 2 yrs time from that set - heavy, big, though great looking, but in years ahead somebody would have to know what to :look for: at first place.. there is no mention to Statue of Liberty or Planet of the Apes. and TLM2 was not exactly a blockbuster either. thus only the hard core fans would be looking for that.

23 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Movie 2 stock is much tighter in Europe (apart from the first wave non exclusives) so I wouldn´t worry too much. In Europe it is not sold on Amazon and few shops bothered to carry out so it could be the next Minecraft Mountain Cave.

you made me go check my crazy detector battery comparing TLM2 to Moneycraft.  as my 10 yo would say - "are you drunk?"

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

$200 still sounds better

The amazon deal hitting $200 pulled me in for a hesitant 3. Although after thinking about it I do think it's possible this set sells well down the road. Cloud city is iconic star wars and a minifig heavy set. The nice slave one is icing on the cake.

Even the old cloud city(10123) is still valuable, selling for $200 without the minifigs, which hold the real value of the $1000 completed set. 

I'm in for a couple more at $200! 

8 minutes ago, beatpoppa said:

Sea Cow is the reason I will not be competition for those selling Apocalypseburgs, CityDocks, and CloudCity.  Good hunting to all.

I've bought quite a few Ninjago cities, docks and bountys. I've built all 3, and they the best lego sets I've ever built when you take them as a whole. I guess if these things tank I could always build that 4 city, 4 dock combo!

• Haha 1