Black Friday & Cyber Monday 2019 Deals

Bold-Arrow

3 minutes ago, joch29 said:

hmm..did not work for me.

It works for me....you just need to order 1 at a time to receive the $15 off each one

Add the code right at check out....should work

Nevermind....they just closed the loophole...bummer

Edited by odysea11

1 minute ago, odysea11 said:

It works for me....you just need to order 1 at a time to receive the $15 off each one

Add the code right at check out....should work

yep...was ordering just 1... no go.  OT..price of MILF changed and almost fell off my seat but realized it only changed price by a penny...?

The promotional code you entered cannot be applied to your purchase.

32 minutes ago, Achilles said:

Speaking of turds -

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Star-Battle-Takodana-75139/dp/B017B1BTD2/ref=sr_1_20?keywords=lego+battle+action+star+wars&qid=1575299925&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-20

Flagged as a Cyber Monday Deal!

Get your Battle of Takodana for 35.44, .45 more than I paid for some 2 years ago ;)

Not Amazon.com but a big-time reseller (ToyPlanet). Economies of scale and all that...?

26 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

70840 tagged retiring soon. After retiring. Why do it this way? It makes no sense what so ever! Why not tag it & boost sales BEFORE it sells out?

Well, it will probably reappear a couple of times, even if briefly...
And isn't it common knowledge, even to the extremely casual brickpicker, that ALL LM2 sets--including Apocalypseburg--are retiring?

2 minutes ago, izx said:

Well, it will probably reappear a couple of times, even if briefly...
And isn't it common knowledge, even to the extremely casual brickpicker, that ALL LM2 sets--including Apocalypseburg--are retiring?

Of course everybody knew.

It just makes no sense. Why not mark it 2 months prior? 

Btw, I don't think it'll reappear, that thing is done I think.

13 minutes ago, elmaslıefendi said:

Of course everybody knew.

It just makes no sense. Why not mark it 2 months prior?

Ah, you meant from Lego's perspective. Yes, it makes logical sense for them to do so earlier, but this is TLG we're talking about. Probably tagging sets as retiring soon at SAH is a casual task assigned to some intern who only got to it when the Black Friday 20% retiring discount was close. (And Apocalypseburg sold out anyway, which I suppose is all they care about in the end.)

Edited by izx

Just now, exracer327 said:

One of the last sets remaining from last night's mass blowout. I haven't watched any of the new movies but loved it after Jang's review and got one earlier from SAH with the Battle of Endor GWP. Got another today to mod.extend the first one.

Just now, malachirobertson said:

Do you think the Vader Castle is a good investment?

Unless it's retiring -- which it most probably isn't, because it was only introduced around last Cyber Monday, not yet. It is an Amazon/SAH exclusive, so keep an eye out for sales during the next SAH Star Wars event and on Amazon for sales around next Prime Day. 

28 minutes ago, malachirobertson said:

Do you think the Vader Castle is a good investment?

no.  amazon has this listing to themselves and listing is blocked if you try to list.

no way to get approval to sell (there is only 1 seller atm - Jeff B). 

maybe later on it gets ungated.  too many other easy ways to make money without that hassle. 

if you sell on ebay, maybe then its a different story.

Edited by cladner

21 minutes ago, izx said:

Unless it's retiring -- which it most probably isn't, because it was only introduced around last Cyber Monday, not yet. It is an Amazon/SAH exclusive, so keep an eye out for sales during the next SAH Star Wars event and on Amazon for sales around next Prime Day. 

I agree, I doubt it's retiring yet.  I wouldn't go in deep on these (or anything Star Wars) since there are no new movies planned and SW IX could actually bomb. 

However, I would be shocked if this set ever gets remade.  That being said, I have yet to pay full price for this set.  So does that mean there is a lack of interest or availability?  idk...  

I was a pure Star Wars buyer back in 2011 until 2014. I only have 2 UCS sets left in my inventory and some smaller stuff.

I don't think I'll ever buy anything Star Wars anymore unless it's 50% off UCS stuff or good, desirable Episode 1-6 play sets that people buy before christmas like a new Republic Gunship, MTT, Star Destroyer etc. buy in 50% off, otherwise I won't touch those boxes.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, cladner said:

no.  amazon has this listing to themselves and listing is blocked if you try to list.

no way to get approval to sell (there is only 1 seller atm - Jeff B). 

maybe later on it gets ungated.  too many other easy ways to make money without that hassle. 

if you sell on ebay, maybe then its a different story.

I used to be restricted on this one, but not anymore.  I can list it now and I see a few other sellers on the listing now also.

2 minutes ago, cobrakai said:

I used to be restricted on this one, but not anymore.  I can list it now and I see a few other sellers on the listing now also.

there are 3 separate ASIN  for this set.

there is 1 listing that amazon is selling on with no other sellers that is restricted - not taking applications.  

https://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Vaders-Castle-Building-Pieces/dp/B07J6F8H3M/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=75251&qid=1575307864&s=toys-and-games&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&sr=1-1

there are 2 other copycat listings which amazon is not selling under which  i can list under and have multiple sellers. 

sometimes these secondary listings get taken down or are invitations to IP complaints.   maybe i just worry to much.

https://www.amazon.com/Star-Wars-Vaders-Castle-Building/dp/B07WPQV9XN/ref=sr_1_2?keywords=75251&qid=1575308037&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-2

https://www.amazon.com/Vaders-Castle-Building-Pieces-Multicolor/dp/B07D4CPFJ2/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=75251&qid=1575308037&s=toys-and-games&sr=1-3