City 2020

Val-E

what I find more interesting is, that the price stayed the same 99 EUR (only 743 pcs) , but retiring 60143 has exactly 843 pieces and costs also 99 EUR .. so the new one is  12 % more expensive! CITY SET! - with no licence fees, no extra bricks.. - and no helicopter (as Val-e mentioned).. 

There’s a documentary, I forget which one, where they talk about Lego’s low point and almost bankruptcy. The CEO held up a Jack Stone “fire truck” and said this is what they need to never do again, that a fire truck should look like a fire truck. Seems they have forgotten already. Now here we are with this garbage.

• Like 3

Wrong thread for this but since we dont have a Creator 3-in-1 thread, images of set 31105 are floating around and I like it a lot.  Goes in line with the smaller modulars we've seen like the townhouse, corner deli, etc.  The color scheme will allow it to fit in my amusement park also.  Looking forward to it.

Regarding City 2020, interesting addition of an actual flying helicopter with the ripcord.  Kind of feels like a blend of Lego and non-Lego but it works.  Will be interesting to clock its hover time.  I recall Jang doing a review of the parachute and noting it fell pretty fast :)

10 minutes ago, Clintonjoseph said:

There’s a documentary, I forget which one, where they talk about Lego’s low point and almost bankruptcy. The CEO held up a Jack Stone “fire truck” and said this is what they need to never do again, that a fire truck should look like a fire truck. Seems they have forgotten already. Now here we are with this garbage.

The firefighter needed the ATV-style fire "vehicle" to quickly enter the woods and save that sleeping owl from the burning tree... could have included an exclusive minifigure (Rose from Ep. 8 ) as the firefighter LOL.  What a weird patchwork of a set.

Edited by MusiKyle

1 hour ago, MusiKyle said:

Wrong thread for this but since we dont have a Creator 3-in-1 thread, images of set 31105 are floating around and I like it a lot.  Goes in line with the smaller modulars we've seen like the townhouse, corner deli, etc.  The color scheme will allow it to fit in my amusement park also.  Looking forward to it.

Regarding City 2020, interesting addition of an actual flying helicopter with the ripcord.  Kind of feels like a blend of Lego and non-Lego but it works.  Will be interesting to clock its hover time.  I recall Jang doing a review of the parachute and noting it fell pretty fast :)

To my artistic taste the current Creator Pet Shop looks much better than this one.. and Corner Deli - I missed on that one, but that was the absolute top of these 3. I really loved how it looked.

new police station 60246 is definitely a step down from 60141 .  60246 looks like a juniors set to me.  i do like the dog minifigures though.  will have to scramble a little to get more 60141 at a decent price.

Duke Detain - really lego?  guessing he's out all night Boogieing with Dirk Diggler.

also a fan of the Vito minifigure .  yo!  Vito.   lol.

3 hours ago, cladner said:

"new police station 60246 is definitely a step down from 60141"

Completely agree. My son and I built both 60141and 60110 and they are both wonderful builds and play sets. Both new versions of the police station and fire station are major downgrades. 

Edited by dennugsmello
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

More city sets leaked. Not excited as a whole, but I do like the Ice Cream Truck, Safari Off Roader, and the weird hidden side inspired monster truck.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/more-lego-city-2020-official-set-images/

The street sweeper is quaint and more reminiscent of our cities street sweeper versus the last version Lego put out.  I like it.

Screenshot_20191122-062604_Video Player.jpg

Edited by MusiKyle

19 minutes ago, Mark Twain said:

More city sets leaked. Not excited as a whole, but I do like the Ice Cream Truck, Safari Off Roader, and the weird hidden side inspired monster truck.

https://www.thebrickfan.com/more-lego-city-2020-official-set-images/

I thought we might see more zoo/expedition type sets after the first image, but I guess not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Val-E said:

Still no farm, yet we need more Pizza van and Monster Truck derivatives.

As much as I hate the derivatives, I do see the market for a Monster Truck theme akin to the speed champion series. A lot of young boys like monster trucks and there's also a nostalgia factor for those 80s fans of monster truck rallies. Grave Digger, Bone Crusher, and least we ever forget . . . Robosaurus! 

image.thumb.png.b5a341e770fa06b9c8e4dbe309348f03.png

• Like 1